The Official 2019 - 2020 NHL and Everything Hockey Thread

Miller to Buffalo for a 2nd seems pretty good deal for Buffalo.

Yeah, I thought Toronto was going to be in on Miller. We need to find some D ASAP before it’s too late. Especially since Zaitsev is supposed to be gone.

Kappy and Mango are locked down though which is good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Have to admit I’d never heard of him. When I saw the trade come across twitter and the good return, I was surprised.

Guessing the oilers don’t play the caps much then. He’s a young player with a ton of talent. Avs are really loading up on offense I guess. We’ll see if they invest at all in D, but man they just really added a potential perennial big weapon. Will more than make up for Soderberg leaving IMO. I can honestly see him doing what Karlsson did with Vegas and going from around 12g’s a year on the caps to 20-30 a year in Colorado. Will work great with the speed the Avs use.

Yeah, I thought Toronto was going to be in on Miller. We need to find some D ASAP before it’s too late. Especially since Zaitsev is supposed to be gone.
Kappy and Mango are locked down though which is good.

I think Toronto is waiting on Marner before doing anything. I thought miller a good fit too. Zaitzev should be gone Monday night or Tuesday once bonus paid.

Guessing the oilers don’t play the caps much then. He’s a young player with a ton of talent. Avs are really loading up on offense I guess. We’ll see if they invest at all in D, but man they just really added a potential perennial big weapon. Will more than make up for Soderberg leaving IMO. I can honestly see him doing what Karlsson did with Vegas and going from around 12g’s a year on the caps to 20-30 a year in Colorado. Will work great with the speed the Avs use.

I watch pretty much every Leaf, Oiler and Ottawa Sens games. Lots against Washington. Still never heard of the guylol.

I watch pretty much every Leaf, Oiler and Ottawa Sens games. Lots against Washington. Still never heard of the guylol.

Haha interesting. FWIW I think he’s only been up for a few short years. 2 maybe 3?

Pens trade Kessel to the Coyotes for Galchenyuk and a prospect. Interesting trade. If anything it atleast gets them out of his contract and gives them some cap space.

Pens trade Kessel to the Coyotes for Galchenyuk and a prospect. Interesting trade. If anything it atleast gets them out of his contract and gives them some cap space.

Crazy that he was willing to accept a trade there. Must finally be fed up and just wants to soak up the sun and not deal with the press.

I like the trade for both teams. Kessel one of the best scorers in history. Galchenyk plus a recent 1st round pick plus all the cap space. Well, most. I’ve read there might be some salary retained.

Crazy that he was willing to accept a trade there. Must finally be fed up and just wants to soak up the sun and not deal with the press.

His old coach there probably helps. And they were apparently one of his 8 allowable teams.

I like the trade for both teams. Kessel one of the best scorers in history. Galchenyk plus a recent 1st round pick plus all the cap space. Well, most. I’ve read there might be some salary retained.

His old coach there probably helps. And they were apparently one of his 8 allowable teams.

I know. Was just sort of shocked to see them on his list.

Yea seems kind of odd. Maybe he’s sick of playing in front of fans? Just wants some low attendance games and to join whisper rock?

Yea seems kind of odd. Maybe he’s sick of playing in front of fans? Just wants some low attendance games and to join whisper rock?

That's my assumption haha. No media, hot weather.

Someone said things were getting beyond repair. Some things I guess are tolerated while you win but not so much when you have a down year.

And I think being with Tocchet helps. People always said he was the buffer between Phil and Sullivan when he was an assistant.

Either way I’ll take the trade. Curious to see how Galchenyuk fits the system.

Someone said things were getting beyond repair. Some things I guess are tolerated while you win but not so much when you have a down year.

And I think being with Tocchet helps. People always said he was the buffer between Phil and Sullivan when he was an assistant.
Either way I’ll take the trade. Curious to see how Galchenyuk fits the system.

Galchenyk is almost like Phil lite. He’s not as good a scorer, but can fill the net. And doesn’t play defence. If coach can get him to hustle he’s a legit top 6 forward on any team. He’ll likely play there anyway bc Pitt has 2 of the best Centres of the generation. But worse comes to worse he’s a good 3C who can score like mad on the pp.

Completely illegal to talk term or aav until noon tomorrow. Yet amazingly most of the big deals are already known. Shocking. Lol.

I was really really hoping that Duchene would stick around for another contract with Columbus.

They are kind of screwed right now.
And he reportedly took less money than CBJ offered.

Who is the 1st overall pick for the 2020 draft going to be? CBJ should start preparing for the draft lottery. Except they can't ever win that either.

And he reportedly took less money than CBJ offered.

Who is the 1st overall pick for the 2020 draft going to be? CBJ should start preparing for the draft lottery. Except they can't ever win that either.

I heard that Jones kid isn’t very good either. Should probably trade him to Toronto and rebuild.

Well....lets get this over with.

which is the best site to follow all of the free agency news?

Perry to Dallas.

Looking like Panarin is going to sign with NYR.

1. Artemi Panarin - expected to join New York Rangers
2. Matt Duchene - expected to join Nashville Predators
3. Sergei Bobrovsky - expected to join Florida Panthers
4. Anders Lee
5. Tyler Myers - expected to join Vancouver Canucks
6. Joe Pavelski - expected to join Dallas Stars

7. Columbus - expected to continue to do nothing.

1. Artemi Panarin - expected to join New York Rangers
2. Matt Duchene - expected to join Nashville Predators
3. Sergei Bobrovsky - expected to join Florida Panthers
4. Anders Lee
5. Tyler Myers - expected to join Vancouver Canucks
6. Joe Pavelski - expected to join Dallas Stars

7. Columbus - expected to continue to do nothing.

lol at #7. We've resigned Korpi and Murray though! haha

I find the Dallas moves interesting. Perry and Pavelski from rival teams joining up.

lol at #7. We've resigned Korpi and Murray though! haha

I find the Dallas moves interesting. Perry and Pavelski from rival teams joining up.

hot garbage.

I am so bored of investing in a team only to watch players bail. It sucks. What's the point?

Duchene to Nashville for 7 years $56m.

Panarin to NYR for 7 year $81.5m

Back