The Official 2019 - 2020 NHL and Everything Hockey Thread

Bob to FL for 7 years $66.5m

They are reporting the jackets are signing Nyquist apparently.

Ottawa is basically 25% former Leafs players at this point.

Can’t believe they gave Hainsey $3.5 mill.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The jackets have a couple of the worlds top goalie prospects already on retainer. I'd actually be perfectly fine, if we're going to be mediocre to bad anyway, to pull one up and see how they do. Get another offensive guy in here and lets see what happens. Defense should actually be fairly intact for at least next year.

The jackets have a couple of the worlds top goalie prospects already on retainer. I'd actually be perfectly fine, if we're going to be mediocre to bad anyway, to pull one up and see how they do. Get another offensive guy in here and lets see what happens. Defense should actually be fairly intact for at least next year.

Duchene added an element of skill that we haven't had in a while.

Panarin is a good player, but he's not worth 9-10 a year, and he basically disappeared in the playoffs. Losing Dutchy is such a massive disappointment for me as a fan. I wanted him to sign big and stay.

Panarin is a good player, but he's not worth 9-10 a year, and he basically disappeared in the playoffs. Losing Dutchy is such a massive disappointment for me as a fan. I wanted him to sign big and stay.

Yep, I liked Duchene a lot as well, and after his short time here it seemed they had a chance. I think the draw of Nashville for him was too much or else he would have stayed.

Also the Panthers have made some aggressive moves today. Makes them super improved and puts another good team in the division.

Pavelski got a 3 year $21m with Dallas. Going to be weird to see him not on SJ.

Ottawa is basically 25% former Leafs players at this point.

Can’t believe they gave Hainsey $3.5 mill.

Yeah I was shocked Hainsey got that much. And I figured Tyler Ennis would have gotten more than 800k from the sens.

Guess I'll be getting dirt cheap tickets this year

Aho gets an offer sheet from the Habs. $8.5 cap hit, but big signing bonuses which could be tough for a team like Carolina who doesn’t generate a lot of revenue. Montreal would give up a 1st, 2nd, and 3rd if Carolina doesn’t match. They have 7 days.

Someone tell me something positive about Tyler Myers. All I'm reading is that we are paying top pairing money for 3rd pairing Dman.

Someone tell me something positive about Tyler Myers. All I'm reading is that we are paying top pairing money for 3rd pairing Dman.

He was 3rd pairing because he played behind Buttfuglien and Trouba.

Top 4 RHD always gets overpaid

Will be very interesting to watch Elvis Merzlikins play this year. I believe they will have him up with the Jackets, while Veini Vehvilainen should be down with the Monsters. If nothing else, the blue jackets goalies should be winning the scrabble name game.

Extremely mobile for size. Seems like a stretch to say he’s a 3rd pair guy when he’s never averaged less than 20 min per game.

Will be very interesting to watch Elvis Merzlikins play this year. I believe they will have him up with the Jackets, while Veini Vehvilainen should be down with the Monsters. If nothing else, the blue jackets goalies should be winning the scrabble name game.

I've liked Korpisalo and think he will be a solid goalie with regular playing time but I'll strongly say that Elvis will be the guy in the end. I think he'll take this league by storm.

If Aho is worth $8.5, then no way Marner is worth more than a penny over $10. Even then that’s arguably too high based on Aho’s number.

I've liked Korpisalo and think he will be a solid goalie with regular playing time but I'll strongly say that Elvis will be the guy in the end. I think he'll take this league by storm.

Elvis and Dub V will both be good. I actually think Dub V can be a perennial vezina contender if he turns out to be what scouts think he can

Elvis and Dub V will both be good. I actually think Dub V can be a perennial vezina contender if he turns out to be what scouts think he can
He certainly has all the makings of a great goalie but he'll still need a couple of years more to develop since he is only 22. I do like finally having some goalie prospect to step up and not have JF Berube as the 3rd guy any longer. CBJ will have strong defense and goaltending. I just don't think we have enough to score goals. I'm not ready to call any forward prospect a savior. The way Texier got pushed around by Boston in the playoffs is a prime example.

I have to be honest that it irritates me to see Duchene gushing over being in Nashville and saying how they've had their eye on being there for a while and blah, blah, blah blah.

It make me wish bad things for the Predators. I didn't like them before and now I don't particularly like Duchene because it is pretty clear he had no intention of staying here as long as Nashville was interested.

Didn’t Duchene end up in Columbus via trade?

Didn’t Duchene end up in Columbus via trade?

He was a rental for 2019 playoffs I think. Can't be surprised hes gone.

Meanwhile the TSN boys are saying Myers ain't worth $6million at all. Great.

He was a rental for 2019 playoffs I think. Can't be surprised hes gone.

Meanwhile the TSN boys are saying Myers ain't worth $6million at all. Great.

Not sure what a rental guy owes a city.

In regards to Myers, unfortunately he was the top UFA D man this year. The market fell into place for him to get paid.

Back