The Official 2019 - 2020 NHL and Everything Hockey Thread

The Avs broadcast their games on Altitude sports which is owned by the teams owner Kroenke. Both Dish and Direct TV as well as Comcast have all shut it off due to contract negotiations. This does not look like it will be settled soon and will effect the Nuggets as well. This absolutely reeks of collusion and should be illegal. If those big three networks truly were competitors one would settle and steal customers from the others. Looks like they are working together to reset the costs of coverage. Might have to look into streaming options.

In today’s game 50 goals is quite an achievement. Two players had 50 or more last season and 51 led the league.

Could be more. Gretzky set the record (92) in his fourth season. Lemieux put up 85 his fiffifth season No I'm not saying Matthews is Gretzky or Lemieux but typically fourth or fifth season is when greats start doing big things.
Yeah, it's possible, but we're obviously not seeing it anywhere near as much with the parity of the new NHL... More athletic goalies, etc.

In today’s game 50 goals is quite an achievement. Two players had 50 or more last season and 51 led the league.
that's where I am coming from. scoring 50+ is a huge accomplishment in this league.

I mean; Really? Why bring political crap to the table......This guy reminds me of another confrontational poster....and i am not talking about RangeRat
Damn, that's big scoring.
Yeah, it's possible, but we're obviously not seeing it anywhere near as much with the parity of the new NHL... More athletic goalies, etc.

But scoring is up...iit's trending upward.

that's where I am coming from. scoring 50+ is a huge accomplishment in this league.

Absolutely.

I suspect that so long as he’s healthy, Matthews will get slightly more ice time this year with Kadri no longer around. 45 would be impressive, 50 is potentially leading the league.

The dark horse this year is Spezza. I am curious to see his effect on the power play. Could open up some space for a guy like #34.

Caps beat Chicago in OT last night 4 - 3 on Big Willy's coast to coast game winning goal. Wilson had good legs all night & was skating well. None of the other starters played
much. But there is a 6'5" 18 year old Center named ALiaksei Protas, that stole the show with a goal & assist. He played well & will be someone to watch coming up in the system at Hershey

Man I didn't realize pre-season is underway.

Yes...the Wild start tomorrow I believe. I had no idea.

Wow, I thought it was still camp! Better get my NHL package purchased for the season!

The hell is going on here...wer'e supposed to be NHL fans. :D

Wild played their FIRST GAME OF THE FRICKIN SEASON LAST NIGHT.

Maybe it's just me, but all my sports teams (the Big Four, at least) I kind of try to get into the preseason stuff. Well not for the Wolves, but Twins Vikes and Wild I try to watch the preseason games and see what's going on with the clubs.

@marty
I miss hockey!

I was walking In the Edmonton mall this morning and stumbled on a Oilers practice, it was fun to watch
I got a noticed that you re-upped the league

@marty

I got a noticed that you re-upped the league
I didnt actually, Yahoo did, if anyone wants to manage it, I'll happily pass on the commish role

I'm excited for this season. Hopefully it lasts longer than October this year!

c28dd29f013f96c373db0c274924c6d2.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm looking forward to the season and I'll be attending a game in three weeks in Tampa ( Colorado - Tampa).

Hey Marty. You should accept my trade. Krejci for Wilson. You don’t like Wilson anyway. Let’s make it happen

I can't believe it's almost October already. CBJ leggoooooo Elvis is in the damn building!

I can't believe it's almost October already. CBJ leggoooooo Elvis is in the damn building!
We should all catch a game this year. Lots of CBJ THP nerds in Columbus'ish.

Back