The Official 2019 - 2020 NHL and Everything Hockey Thread

@Golf Ghost We are only sort of friends on friday.

I'll be cheering for the Leafs to have success this year as well though. Time for Canada to represent.

I need to get my excitement in now before April arrives and it's all sorts of disappointment haha.

What's the talk around CBJ this year? They expected to still be a playoff team or do you think some pieces will be moved throughout the year?

I consider myself a casual fan. I have been a fan of the Bruins for as long as I can remember. From when they won the Cup in 1970 and 72 led by Bobby Orr and Phil Esposito. Currently, I watch the Stanley Cup Playoffs and for the last two years I have attended a game each season in Tampa. In fact, I'll be at the Lightning - Avalanche game in two weeks.

Since the season is opening today, I'm going to start with my prediction for the year. For the Stanley Cup final, I'm picking Vegas and whoever emerges from Boston, Toronto and Tampa Bay. I think it's going to be Tampa. I'll take Vegas to win the Cup.

Man I've missed hockey! Ready to get the season rolling even though it looks like it might be a rough one for Jackets. Stranger things have happened though...

For the CBJ fans here:

Very excited for the season to start today. Hoping that the Knights continue their entertaining hockey of very little defense and Fleury saving the team when it comes to defense. High powered offense is always fun though.

Very excited for the season to start today. Hoping that the Knights continue their entertaining hockey of very little defense and Fleury saving the team when it comes to defense. High powered offense is always fun though.

I hear the fan experience in Vegas is second to none, definitely need to catch a game there someday.

I wonder is Subban can fill the void is Fleury misses time.

I need to get my excitement in now before April arrives and it's all sorts of disappointment haha.

What's the talk around CBJ this year? They expected to still be a playoff team or do you think some pieces will be moved throughout the year?

Still have almost the same solid core. Going to come down to goal tending honestly.

I love that people keep talking about how the jackets "barely" made it into the playoffs, when they also "barely" missed out on 2nd place in the division. cracks me the hell up. The team will still be solid IMO as the younger guys grow into more important roles. Just need Anderson and PLD to step up a bit more than they already have.

Still have almost the same solid core. Going to come down to goal tending honestly.

I love that people keep talking about how the jackets "barely" made it into the playoffs, when they also "barely" missed out on 2nd place in the division. cracks me the hell up. The team will still be solid IMO as the younger guys grow into more important roles. Just need Anderson and PLD to step up a bit more than they already have.
think Andy needs to step it up? I thought he's been WAY ahead of his potential upside for two years now.

I hear the fan experience in Vegas is second to none, definitely need to catch a game there someday.

I wonder is Subban can fill the void is Fleury misses time.
The fan experience is second to none! I grew up a Red Wings fan so in the first season for VGK I went and saw the wings play and the atmosphere is insane!

There were a couple strings of game where Fleury was out and Subban did well. That being said there is no one who can replace Fleury when he has his A game. I think that once Fleury retires that will be when you really see the Knights take a hit. A team cannot allow that many shots a game and that much pressure with a mediocre goaltender and still win games.

Did CBJ keep their goalie? I can't remember hearing anything about him going anywhere....That being said I also can't remember his name soooo....

Did CBJ keep their goalie? I can't remember hearing anything about him going anywhere....That being said I also can't remember his name soooo....
He's gone, but they have some solid prospects.

He's gone, but they have some solid prospects.
Just looked and saw he went to Florida. It will be interesting to see how they do with out him. He was always someone I was impressed by.

The fan experience is second to none! I grew up a Red Wings fan so in the first season for VGK I went and saw the wings play and the atmosphere is insane!

There were a couple strings of game where Fleury was out and Subban did well. That being said there is no one who can replace Fleury when he has his A game. I think that once Fleury retires that will be when you really see the Knights take a hit. A team cannot allow that many shots a game and that much pressure with a mediocre goaltender and still win games.

Fleury is 35 with almost 800 games in bag. Just wondering how many he has left in the tank and if Subban can shoulder more of the load during the season to keep The Flower fresh for the playoffs.

My picks for tonight's games are:

Leafs

Blues

Knights (eff the Sharks)

I guess Oilers - but not sure how it will play out.

Senators are going to get RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEDDDDDDDDDDD

Can only hope so. I mean, it's basically just the Leafs vs. last years Leafs.

Leafs

Blues

Knights (eff the Sharks)

I'll play
leafs
blues
knights
canucks

Leafs

Blues

Knights (eff the Sharks)

Same for me, Unless the Knights get a five minute major....... Still haunts me.

think Andy needs to step it up? I thought he's been WAY ahead of his potential upside for two years now.

Well not that he necessarily needs to, but the team needs him to. We'll see how Nyquist fits in and does in the regular season, but I think Texier might be someone who gets more comfortable and can be a 20+ goals a year player too.

Back