Lottery Order for Top 5:
1. NJ Devils
2. NY Rangers
3. Chi Blackhawks
4. Col Avalanche (Via Ottawa)
5. LA Kings

Free Agency: July 1st

Opening Night: Oct 4th

Rangers get Trouba from the Jets for Pionk and this year's 1st (20 overall). No conditional picks if Trouba resigns as he's currently a RFA. Interesting decision by the Rangers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rangers get Trouba from the Jets for Pionk and this year's 1st (20 overall). No conditional picks if Trouba resigns as he's currently a RFA. Interesting decision by the Rangers.

Jets got fleeced but Trouba wanted out of Canada...

The Official 2019 - 2020 NHL and Everything Hockey Thread

Well there was the threat of him not signing so better to get something than have him hold out and get nothing.

CBJ! Can’t wait to see the ****storm that is about to be their off season. By the looks of Instagram, Panarin might just stay in Russia.

I really hope Byram falls to my Kings at #5.

CBJ! Can’t wait to see the ****storm that is about to be their off season. By the looks of Instagram, Panarin might just stay in Russia.
He's more than welcome to stay there if he's not coming back back here.

Well there was the threat of him not signing so better to get something than have him hold out and get nothing.

Unfortunately for peg the main issue was that they’re capped out. If they waited for the trade deadline they definitely would have gotten way more. But they couldn’t and make any changes.

Subban to the Devils. Didn't see that one coming. Didn't think the Devils where in a win now scenario.

Leafs able to get rid of Marleau's contract to Carolina. I'm assuming there's something bigger here as Marleau wants to be on the West Coast and had a no-trade clause. Unless Carolina doesn't plant to spend near the Cap and plans to buy him out.

Leafs able to get rid of Marleau's contract to Carolina. I'm assuming there's something bigger here as Marleau wants to be on the West Coast and had a no-trade clause. Unless Carolina doesn't plant to spend near the Cap and plans to buy him out.

They’ll buy him out and he’ll sign a minimum deal with SJ. With the buyout it’s still a pay raise. Apparently (c/o athe Athletic, which is well worth the subscription fwiw) it was the only deal available that didn’t require Kapanen or Johnsson to be given away. A low First is way better to give away.

Subban to the Devils. Didn't see that one coming. Didn't think the Devils where in a win now scenario.

It's a big contract, but it's a wonderful pickup for NJ. Sounds like they didn't give up much.

The Mitch Marner rumour mill is ridiculous.

The Mitch Marner rumour mill is ridiculous.

I think they should trade 1 of the big 3 to fill a need on D. I don't see how they can improve their D and overall depth if they pay Marner what he's worth in today's market.

I think they should trade 1 of the big 3 to fill a need on D. I don't see how they can improve their D and overall depth if they pay Marner what he's worth in today's market.

His worth is what, 11-12% of the cap. Basically 8.5-9? No way he is worth the 11 mill that he is rumoured to be asking for.

His worth is what, 11-12% of the cap. Basically 8.5-9? No way he is worth the 11 mill that he is rumoured to be asking for.

That seems fair. This has to be the best RFA class ever and they're all going to get paid big bucks.

Even if you want to max him out, he’s arguably worth what Kane signed for after his entry level was up. Which on today’s cap was between 9 and 9.5 for 5 years. Marner apparently doesn’t want 7 or 8 years unless getting Matthews money. I’m betting this ends up at 6x10. Which seems fair. Anything beyond that I say trade him. He’s my favourite player, but have to be smart in a cap world. I say either take the 4 firsts if offer sheeted, or if not signed by training camp, trade him for a top pair RD. Then use the extra money (unless Doughty not gonna cost as much) to upgrade team. Hard if wait for camp, but if do asap, could resign Gardiner, or maybe try and get Ferland or Donskoi.

Last edited:
What teams have a top defenseman to spare for a winger that wants big bucks? I think they will have to lose the trade on paper much like Hall for Larsson.

Bobby Lou announcers his retirement. Really hope to see him stay in the game in some form. Great character.

Bobby Lou announcers his retirement. Really hope to see him stay in the game in some form. Great character.

I,m sure the Panthers will find him a job

What teams have a top defenseman to spare for a winger that wants big bucks? I think they will have to lose the trade on paper much like Hall for Larsson.

I would suspect it to be a team that doesn't necessarily have one to spare, but someone looking to rebuild or go a different way. Marner is still crazy young. I think trading him or his rights if still a RFA would be very complicated.

I would suspect it to be a team that doesn't necessarily have one to spare, but someone looking to rebuild or go a different way. Marner is still crazy young. I think trading him or his rights if still a RFA would be very complicated.

I'm sure the Habs would give Weber for him, I don't know how much better they could get

I'm sure the Habs would give Weber for him, I don't know how much better they could get

You can keep that contract haha.

You can keep that contract haha.

100% agree. If they kept half of it maybe.

Straight up for Doughty? Or maybe to Carolina for Pesce or Hamilton plus plus? Or, and as I’m an Oiler fan I’d love this one... to Edmonton for Larsson, Puljujarvi and 2 firsts?

Back