The Official 2019 - 2020 NHL and Everything Hockey Thread

Not sure what a rental guy owes a city.

In regards to Myers, unfortunately he was the top UFA D man this year. The market fell into place for him to get paid.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It’s definitely not an owes thing in the slightest. He’s just an exciting player that we are bummed he left. If it was any other city other than Nashville that wanted him, I think he would have stayed.

Not sure what a rental guy owes a city.

In regards to Myers, unfortunately he was the top UFA D man this year. The market fell into place for him to get paid.

When he got here he said all the PC things about how great the city was and how much fun he was having playing with the team and that he would completely listen and give Columbus a chance in the free agency process. I'm not sure he ever gave Columbus a chance and it was reported Columbus may have offered him a higher contract than Nashville.

When he got here he said all the PC things about how great the city was and how much fun he was having playing with the team and that he would completely listen and give Columbus a chance in the free agency process. I'm not sure he ever gave Columbus a chance and it was reported Columbus may have offered him a higher contract than Nashville.

Honestly though, did you expect him not to say all of the right things?

Holy ballz Toronto just FLEECED the Avalanche. Wow.

91c3671d03c780c76d7573d03d55b529.jpg

Hahahahaha what?

I kinda liked Colorado... Not anymore! F$*# Kadri!!

I understand trading Barrie (can't get him resigned) but Kerfoot?!

Plus Aves retaining half????

I'm ok for Kadri for Barrie even with retaining half of his salary. He's a Leaf for one season and then hitting the market. Avs were desperate for a 2C and this fills that need. Our second line is now much better than last year and Barrie won't be missed as they will have a logjam at the blueline after Cole and Johnson return from surgeries. The drafting of Byram sealed his fate. I'm sure Joe tried to do better but he realized that the offers would only get worse as Barrie's contract expiration date got closer. Toronto took advantage of that and pried Kerfoot away to win this trade. But he is also going to need to be resigned and I don't see him producing as much playing third line minutes for the Leafs. The fourth guy in the trade is just to stock our AHL team while Timmins/Graves/Meloche play up to start the season. Any of those guys are better than crappy Nemeth. End of the day Avs got better. Sure they had to give up more then wanted but sometimes you take bad tasting medicine to get better.

I like the deal for Colorado. Kadri has a great contract and is the perfect #2 center and Rosen is far from a throw in. Barrie is going to test UFA and Makar will replace what he did for a lot less money.

Another year and another depth player being paid too much by Rutherford. Love Tanev but not for that price...

Kadri will be a great 2nd line centre for the Aves. Hey, a change of scenery might just smarten him up some as well. Leafs had the luxury of being deep down the middle and took advantage.

Kadri will be a great 2nd line centre for the Aves. Hey, a change of scenery might just smarten him up some as well. Leafs had the luxury of being deep down the middle and took advantage.

Any of his BS that hurts the team will not be tolerated here. If he wises up he will be a great piece contributing to a very good team.

Hurricanes announce they’re going to match the offer sheet. No surprise there.

Weird that Aho’s agent said he legitimately wanted to go to Montreal. You’d think if he was doing his job he would have been able to get the Habs to go up the next bracket and make it difficult on the Canes.

Someone tell me something positive about Tyler Myers. All I'm reading is that we are paying top pairing money for 3rd pairing Dman.

He won the Calder a few years ago as a Sabre. He's good on the rush and wasn't afraid to take the body due to his size. Is he worth $6mil a year, nope, but he will play top 4 minutes and if he uses his size he's serviceable.

Someone wake me up when camp starts, the Sabres are boring me to death this off season.

I understand trading Barrie (can't get him resigned) but Kerfoot?!

As a Leaf fan I was originally underwhelmed by the trade (I LOVE Kadri)...but this Kerfoot looks like a legit 3C that can perform well. And as he’ll be playing with Kapanen he should be able to improve or at least maintain 40pts and positive corsi stats.

As a Leaf fan I was originally underwhelmed by the trade (I LOVE Kadri)...but this Kerfoot looks like a legit 3C that can perform well. And as he’ll be playing with Kapanen he should be able to improve or at least maintain 40pts and positive corsi stats.
You must love Kadri like Bruins fans love Marchand.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

You must love Kadri like Bruins fans love Marchand.

Unarguably Kadri is a guy you love or hate. And if you want to hate him for his 2 playoff suspensions that undoubtedly cost the Leafs 2 series wins I get that. Totally supportive. But he has had a great Leaf career. Screwed by coach early, then best player on team not named Kessel for a few years, and was amazing at drawing penalties (yes dove a lot too). That became being successful while matched against the top lines around the league and still outperforming them. And then unlucky Toronto actually got Tavares and screwed him bc no longer hard matched. So yes, I get why many hate him. I just think the positives outweigh the negatives.

Unarguably Kadri is a guy you love or hate. And if you want to hate him for his 2 playoff suspensions that undoubtedly cost the Leafs 2 series wins I get that. Totally supportive. But he has had a great Leaf career. Screwed by coach early, then best player on team not named Kessel for a few years, and was amazing at drawing penalties (yes dove a lot too). That became being successful while matched against the top lines around the league and still outperforming them. And then unlucky Toronto actually got Tavares and screwed him bc no longer hard matched. So yes, I get why many hate him. I just think the positives outweigh the negatives.
I like toughness and grit but I don't like dirty or cheap players and Kadri and Marchand are in that class IMO.
Both are really good players though if you can get past that they're scumbags which isn't hard to do if they're on your team.

I like toughness and grit but I don't like dirty or cheap players and Kadri and Marchand are in that class IMO.
Both are really good players though if you can get past that they're scumbags which isn't hard to do if they're on your team.

I get where you’re coming from. And if you only watch his suspensions he comes across as a dirty player. But besides the 2 playoff suspensions he very rarely crosses the line. He doesn’t even take that many penalties. Just something about playoffs shuts off his higher brain functions.

He won the Calder a few years ago as a Sabre. He's good on the rush and wasn't afraid to take the body due to his size. Is he worth $6mil a year, nope, but he will play top 4 minutes and if he uses his size he's serviceable.

Someone wake me up when camp starts, the Sabres are boring me to death this off season.
I like the Vesey and Miller acquisitions.

Alex Nylander for Henri Jokiharju, OK I'm awake now. Adding Johansson didn't hurt either. Now get a 2C and at least were heading in the right direction. I think Mittelstadt can do it, he just needs another year of seasoning before he can run with it. I'll go back into hibernation until NFL training camps start in a couple of weeks.

CBJ been in contact with Marner's agent about an offer sheet.

If i hear or read "Most of all" or "First things first, Marner ultimately wants to be a Leaf"

I get trying to get paid. However, maybe step back and realize what you're worth before asking for something. I don't understand why, if the rumours are true, he thinks he's worth Matthews' money.

Back