2019-2020 NBA Season / Draft Thread

Raps can give 5 years and $190 mill, other teams can only offer 4 years and $141, though I’m assuming paying taxes in both countries basically makes that a moot point.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CA doesn't have the best taxes either : )

CA doesn't have the best taxes either : )

My understanding is that we are worse anyways haha.

If he doesn’t return to Toronto it’s completely understandable, I get that he wants to be in LA. I just hope he doesn’t give some lame excuse for leaving. Just say you want to be in LA haha.

Everytime I see all these reports of Kawhi here, Kawhi there, I keep thinking it is all BS.

Dude seems super reclusive, and all of these "sure bet" to Lakers reports just seem like PR yapping.

I feel like the longer we don't here "resign with the Raptors", the more likely it is he signs with Toronto again.

Ah, Portland guy. I get it. I can see why you'd hate Malone/Stock/Eaton if they weren't on your team. But I loved those guys as a kid. Eaton had a great story - working as a 7'4" car mechanic before a J.C. coach convinced him to give basketball a try. Stockton and Malone are obviously two of the all-time greats in the sport.

As for the low-key thing, I agree that the acquisitions aren't exactly minor. Bogdanovic and Conley are going to be huge and Davis is super solid. I was more referring to them being overshadowed by the other blockbuster moves, especially when those moves might not end up making as big of an impact as the Conley and Bogdan moves. Regardless, the Jazz aren't often very aggressive in the off-season (kind of hard to be), so this has been a lot of fun. Can't wait for the season to start.

I remember Eaton blocking every shot in a 10' radius, glad he had such a good story. But yeah, for us, it was more the Stockton and Malone were considered super dirty players, and at a time the rules favored the offensive player and allowed them to commit offensive fouls that somehow ended up called on the defender (O Neal, looking at you, you overrated piece of %^&), it made it real easy to dislike the Jazz. It didn't hurt that they were really, really good and kept in guys like Hornacek and Russell. There were some fantastic battles between the Spurs, Jazz, Suns and Blazers when they all had those fantastic teams. I will say if I never see another Stockton/Malone pick and roll it will be too soon...but I bet if I lived in Utah I would have that on autorepeat. To this day I think they might be the best ever at it. I am sure someone has done research to show who is...but I know they seemed unstoppable.

Has Leonard signed with the Lakers yet?

Sounds like Iguodala is goign to receive a buyout in Memphis and sign with the Lakers

Local sources are saying Leonard 2 more years with the Raps. Really hope that is true

Local sources are saying Leonard 2 more years with the Raps. Really hope that is true

Jalen Rose is saying the same thing.

Jalen Rose is saying the same thing.

They must know insider info . If we could keep him another two years that could be big for the franchise. When he is done after the two years bring in another skilled player to replace him .

They must know insider info . If we could keep him another two years that could be big for the franchise. When he is done after the two years bring in another skilled player to replace him .

Saying if it is 2 years that it’s probably a 1 and 1.

Saying if it is 2 years that it’s probably a 1 and 1.

If any years I’m ok with that. He’s the best Raptor since Vince Carter

Even one more year of Kawhi would be huge for the team.

Just sign somewhere already, anywhere honestly, lets get this show on the road.

Kawai flew back to San Diego for Independence Day and is flying back to the 6ix today. That could only mean one thing right......

2019-2020 NBA Season / Draft Thread

Leonard and Paul George to the Clippers. Guess they want to match the Lakers with two all stars themselves.

Danny Green to the Lakers. Thought Leonard and Green would be a package deal

Leonard and Paul George to the Clippers. Guess they want to match the Lakers with two all stars themselves.

but but but but jalen rose and insiders

I'm just glad it wasn't the Lakers.

I'm just glad it wasn't the Lakers.

Lebron as a bridesmaid at least for now has a great sound to it. Jalen Rose looks like a clown right now.

Lebron as a bridesmaid at least for now has a great sound to it. Jalen Rose looks like a clown right now.

Couldn’t have said it better myself. Poor Lebrun playing second fiddle....lol

I’m actually OK with it. It’s time to blow it up in OKC for a bit, I can’t believe I’m saying it but I’m hoping they move Russ now.

At least they got a haul for PG, SGA is gonna be a good one and Danillo will be a solid shooter, not to mention like 1,342 first round picks hahaha

It is what it is. Oh well!

Also, I kinda like the look of a 2-star per team driven league.

Clippers +500 was $$$$.

Wonder what the Lakers do now with the space they have available.

Back