2019/2020 Soccer Thread

As someone who has only followed the EPL from the sidelines the last few seasons, I’m jumping all in this year. I don’t have a good grasp of historical significance with clubs, but I’m rolling with Chelsea. Admittedly a lot has to do with Pulisic now on the team, but I love how Sarri manages and how he wants a possession style of play with quick ball movement to be an attacking minded team.

I’m looking forward to sharing this experience with my oldest during the season.

As someone who has only followed the EPL from the sidelines the last few seasons, I’m jumping all in this year. I don’t have a good grasp of historical significance with clubs, but I’m rolling with Chelsea. Admittedly a lot has to do with Pulisic now on the team, but I love how Sarri manages and how he wants a possession style of play with quick ball movement to be an attacking minded team.

I’m looking forward to sharing this experience with my oldest during the season.
Well at least you didn't pick Tottenham.

Sarri moved onto Juventus. Chelsea legend Frank Lampard is the new Manager.

Well at least you didn't pick Tottenham.

Sarri moved onto Juventus. Chelsea legend Frank Lampard is the new Manager.

I just saw that after I posted it. Damn, I thought they closed the season out strong and looked to be in sync with what he wanted

eaced728f099cdd82d22ba86f6b3c7f3.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've watched games in the past but it's not as interesting watching without having a team. With Pulisic on the team, Chelsea is an easy choice for me.

Savage.

4c3f00c7499daeb6bbc5f2a39c922d93.jpg

Got to see Arsenal when they came to Charlotte. Good 3-0 win. Now they are signing Pepe, have already got Ceballos(spelling?) from Madrid, got Saliba(sent him right back on loan), and looking at Tierney and Rugani from Juventus.

Less than 2 weeks remain in the Summer Transfer Window for the PL, lots of rumors but not much action.

Manchester United now with the strongest defense in EPL? :banana:

Shaw -------- Maguire ----- Lindelof ------- Wan Bissaka

--------------------------De Gea----------------------

Manchester United now with the strongest defense in EPL? :banana:

Shaw -------- Maguire ----- Lindelof ------- Wan Bissaka

--------------------------De Gea----------------------

Still say Liverpool VVD, Robertson, Trent, Clyne, Lovren, and Matip. Also have good CDM. Allison is a solid GK too.

Also I thought Lindelof played CDM/CM?

nah, he is a CB. I should have said back five and not defense, because the CDM (Matic, Mctomany, Fred?) is still a major hole.

Premier League TV schedule

All times Eastern.

Sunday, August 4

Tottenham Hotspur vs. Inter Milan (International Champions Cup), 10am, ESPN+

Manchester City vs. Liverpool (FA Community Shield), 10am, ESPN+

City wins the Community Shield over Liverpool 2-1. Nice end to the pre-season. Didnt watch it though as it was in ESPN+ and we are not ready to purchase for this year.

Season starts this week.

Arsenal has spent over 100million but the defense is still a big weakness.

Plenty of 3-2 games coming this season so bet the over when Arsenal is playing haha.

Wayne Rooney is gone from D.C. United (he will finish the season out). He signed with the English Championship team Derby County? 18 month contract

And according to L'Equipe Arsenal have agreed with Barcelona for a season long loan for Coutinho

And according to L'Equipe Arsenal have agreed with Barcelona for a season long loan for Coutinho

then there is this...

Tottenham Hotspur have made an offer to sign Philippe Coutinho on loan from Barcelona

Manchester United are attempting to sign Christian Eriksen <--- highly unlikely that Totty sells him to ManU unless its for over 100m

I seriously doubt that Levy and Woodward could get anything done in 3 days. Two of the worst when it comes to working on transfers.

then there is this...

Tottenham Hotspur have made an offer to sign Philippe Coutinho on loan from Barcelona

Manchester United are attempting to sign Christian Eriksen <--- highly unlikely that Totty sells him to ManU unless its for over 100m
Just saw a report that Arsenal never considered Coutinho, but Spurs are interested. PSG also considering a move for him.

Dybala to Spurs?

Gives them another playmaker in the mix. Given Poch's playing style it's nice to have another weapon to trot out for any given game.

is it thursday yet? make it stop

Back