2019/2020 Soccer Thread

usaf_giles;n8882012 said:
United are going to struggle breaking down teams that park the bus like wolves did. They don't have the creativity in midfield. Martial and Rashford are top tier talents, but they rely on at least some sort of service from the midfield. I honestly think they will perform better against the top 6 then those mid-table teams.

That first goal by United was a thing of beauty, but those will be rare compared to the goals they will score on the break this year.
Liverpool, twice. ManCity, twice, Tottenham, twice. Arsenal, twice. I mean, it's not like the Premier League is short of uptempo teams.

blugold;n8881947 said:
Since the arm cannot play the ball, the arm can be in an offisides position. As long as no part of the player that can play the ball is onside, it's fine.
Except a City players armpit was offside in the west ham game.

Premier League TV schedule
All times Eastern.

Friday, August 23
Aston Villa vs. Everton, 3pm, NBCSN, fuboTV, Hulu Live, Sling Blue and AT&T TV Now (free trial)

Smallville;n8887218 said:
Except a City players armpit was offside in the west ham game.

The shoulder can play the ball, not the arm. And, if I remember, City fared alright in that game.

BOOM!!!! #UTV

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

[h=2]So I am definitely an Arsenal fan for this one.

Premier League TV schedule[/h] All times Eastern.

Saturday, August 24

Smallville;n8888078 said:
So I am definitely an Arsenal fan for this one.[/SIZE]
Over 30 minutes left and this isn't going to happen for me.

City wins 3-1 and moves into second place behind Liverpool.

Shocker of the day was Newcastle beating Tottenham 1-0. Newcastle is so good that even with the win they stayed in next to last place.

Does seem that I am going to be the only Liverpool fan on here. That's alright though I guess...Might enjoy a little bit of friendly banter with some of the THPers.

Hopefully it stays that way.

Man City doesn't bother me as much. The noisy neighbors, who bought a few trophies. The hate for the scousers on the other hand runs deep. :act-up:

Good news for you....Sanchez is gone. That’s gotta feel somewhat relieving.

OverPar247365;n8894051 said:
Does seem that I am going to be the only Liverpool fan on here. That's alright though I guess...Might enjoy a little bit of friendly banter with some of the THPers.

I'm not really a fan of any team but Liverpool is my favorite team to watch. Don't know much about their history (having only started watching Premier League these past 2-3 years) but they sure do play exciting football right now.

Et Tu Brute?;n8894346 said:
I'm not really a fan of any team but Liverpool is my favorite team to watch. Don't know much about their history (having only started watching Premier League these past 2-3 years) but they sure do play exciting football right now.

They do play football that people turn the tube on for. When they’re on, it’s clean, crisp and exciting.

I’d recommend finding a team to support. It’s fun to learn their history and how they got to the point their at now. Even if it’s a tier 2 or 3 team, find someone to support. (As long as it’s not United. )

OverPar247365;n8894305 said:
Good news for you....Sanchez is gone. That’s gotta feel somewhat relieving.

Yea. Sad thing is I liked him and was so excited when he signed. He just never fit the system and drifted to much inside and cost us width. I wish him well in Italy.

Et Tu Brute?;n8894346 said:
Liverpool is my favorite team to watch

It’s times like these I wish there was a dislike button. Hahaha

OverPar247365;n8894366 said:
As long as it’s not United.

I feel personally attacked.

If you want to learn about a clubs premiere league history don’t look to Liverpool to provide anything but participation trophies.

OverPar247365;n8894051 said:
Not the only Liverpool fan there are a few of us on here.....YNWA

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

The Milk Man;n8894473 said:
Not the only Liverpool fan there are a few of us on here.....YNWA

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

There we go! YNWA!

usaf_giles;n8894461 said:
I feel personally attacked.

Think of it more as a little elbow to the ribs. Nothing violent. Nothing malicious. Just a friendly little...Hello!”

Wait...did United fans in here make the claim that City bought trophies?

Sure, United in the 90s and early 2000s were mostly homegrown, but since then...especially recent transfer activity...would suggest that United have failed to replicate City's transfer success.

United and City's transfer strategy has been totally different. I'll be the first to say that under the Glazer's ownership United have had no strategy and just bought people who sold shirts.

Look at the amount of money City's owners (UAE government) have put into the club compared to what the Glazer's have taken out. City has a two deep of $50-60 million players. Other than Foden I don't know of one academy product that will see any PT. United has Rashford, Lingard, Greenwood, Gomes, Mctominay, Tuanzebe, Pereira, and possibly Garner who will all be significant players this season. Even though is buy back was significant, let's not forget that Pogba was from the United youth setup.

Mansour has spent over a billion on players since acquiring the club. Those trophies are covered in oil, and last time I checked United wasn't in trouble for breaching FFP rules.

Back