2019-2020 College Football Thread

I think the B1G is doing a lot better with non-conference game strengthen of schedule. I personally don’t like the Middle Tenn State on the Michigan schedule this year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think a lot of that kind of stuff is unavoidable as some of these schools generate their athletic income that way. That said, I think that everyone should play the same amount of conference games also.

I think a lot of that kind of stuff is unavoidable as some of these schools generate their athletic income that way. That said, I think that everyone should play the same amount of conference games also.

Agree it’s all a business, but when the other team rolls out looking like the bad news bears and they lose by 60+ I think that’s where the criticism comes in.

2019-2020 College Football Thread

Actually his point was Big 12 D > SEC D. Not going to get into a pissing contest over it. The stats show otherwise. Just like the record shows Big 12 had a better head-to-head vs a select few teams from SEC, but that is all that it shows. It does not back up the original "point". And stats would also show that Big 12 O is not better than SEC O from top to bottom.

I misread. I thought he said big xii offense > sec defense. That is why I said what I did.

I think the sec offenses are better than most give credit and the big xii defenses are better than most give credit.

I believe that sec d> big xii d and
big xii o > sec o

In a perfect world, all conferences would play the same number of games (9). No FCS school permitted. All would play title games (looking at you ND). Then move to 8 team playoff, with the top 4 seeds getting a home game before christmas.

The unbalance in schedules really is a detriment to college football. It over inflates the perception of the SEC and ACC (taken as a whole) over that of the B1G, PAC, and B12. Because it adds those extra looses to the conference total. That game against an IU, Colorado, or Texas Tech leading up to your main rivalry game matters a lot more than resting against Savanna St. or The Citadel.

Any team that plays big xii offenses every week will have a poorly ranked defense. That was my esteemed colleague from Baylor’s whole point. The big xii offenses put up huge numbers on the vaunted SEC defenses last year.

Hmm... Iowa turned out ok

3pts, <200 yards of offense, QBR in the 20s
94461b9728802ca25352a2d2ed2d61b8.jpg

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Hmm... Iowa turned out ok

3pts, <200 yards of offense, QBR in the 20s
94461b9728802ca25352a2d2ed2d61b8.jpg

Yes, the team that was 7th in the conference offensively.

Was a great W for Iowa.

Yes, the team that was 7th in the conference offensively.

Was a great W for Iowa.
And before they switched to their functional qb, Purdy.
I'm merely speaking(misguidedly)on the point made, no need to insert logical disqualfiers into this argument haha

Last edited:
My season tix came in today with a cool mini version of "the first game" statue which sits outside of the stadium.

We're not good, but college football is college football!
243820b730f04dc1d36f5e58cfaa85c3.jpg

Not a lot of love for Kelly Bryant in the state of South Carolina. I personally think it was a chump job for Dabo to not give him a ring. Chances are, Clemson is not even playing in the championship game if Bryant doesn't do what he does in game 2 against Texas A&M last year.

In a perfect world, all conferences would play the same number of games (9). No FCS school permitted.

Hey! We need money too!

Besides, every so often it doesn't turn out like the FBS school planned :cool:

Alabama leads all Power 5 schools with 17 games over the past three years against teams that finished the season ranked in the final Associated Press Top 25 poll. The Crimson Tide are 14-3 in those games, including a 4-2 record in the College Football Playoff.

This season, of Alabama's four nonconference games, only the neutral-site season opener against Duke is against a Power 5 school. The others are at home against FBS independent New Mexico State, Southern Miss of Conference USA and FCS school Western Carolina.

Over the past decade, Alabama has played primarily neutral-site games against nonconference foes, but Saban said there has been a concerted effort going forward by the Crimson Tide to schedule home-and-home series against marquee opponents. Among those series already scheduled are Texas in 2022-23, Wisconsin in 2024-25, West Virginia in 2026-27, Notre Dame in 2028-29 and Oklahoma in 2032-33.

In addition, Alabama has a 2-for-1 series scheduled with South Florida of the American Athletic Conference. Alabama will play in Tampa in 2023 with USF coming to play at Alabama in 2024 and 2026.

Alabama is also in the process of trying to finalize a neutral-site game with Florida State in Atlanta in 2025. Alabama will open the 2020 season against USC in Arlington, Texas, and face Miami in Atlanta in 2021.

https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/27357431/saban-bama-working-10-power-5-games

Hey! We need money too!

Besides, every so often it doesn't turn out like the FBS school planned :cool:

As a Michigan fan, you don’t need to remind me of “The Horror

AP Preseason Top 10

1. Clemson (15-0)
2. Alabama (14-1)
3. Georgia (11-3)
4. Oklahoma (12-2)
5. Ohio State (13-1)
6. LSU (10-3)
7. Michigan (10-3)
8. Florida (10-3)
9. Notre Dame (12-1)
10. Texas (10-4)

Only 4 days left until the first game kicks off. Miami v. Florida (-7.5) in Orlando. U/O 47. I've got to say I'm pulling for the 'Canes in this one, as I always love a good upset(when it's not my team). Hopefully it's a tight/thrilling game. Who you got?

mtbloco;n8882198 said:
Only 4 days left until the first game kicks off. Miami v. Florida (-7.5) in Orlando. U/O 47. I've got to say I'm pulling for the 'Canes in this one, as I always love a good upset(when it's not my team). Hopefully it's a tight/thrilling game. Who you got?

Week Zero tomorrow!

FU in a cakewalk.

deuce;n8880892 said:
Jalen Hurts named Oklahoma's starting QB.

No surprise there. I think Mordecai REALLY did keep it close. Then there is Rattler finally on campus. QB's galore.

I think people will be shocked when they see Hurts tossing it around this year, not going to be the same QB, IMO.

baylrballa;n8887078 said:
Week Zero tomorrow!

FU in a cakewalk.

I believe you are correct.

Now can we get some love for Hawaii. No Pity for the Kitty!

Jman;n8887095 said:
No surprise there. I think Mordecai REALLY did keep it close. Then there is Rattler finally on campus. QB's galore.

I think people will be shocked when they see Hurts tossing it around this year, not going to be the same QB, IMO.

I'll be rooting for him. He gave it his all and stood by his team when someone better beat him out. Until they limit coaches from jump ship...they should let all players transfer without having to sit out. If they are not going to pay them OVER THE TABLE then at least given them the freedom that any other college student would have.

mtbloco;n8887150 said:
I'll be rooting for him. He gave it his all and stood by his team when someone better beat him out. Until they limit coaches from jump ship...they should let all players transfer without having to sit out. If they are not going to pay them OVER THE TABLE then at least given them the freedom that any other college student would have.

I'll be rooting for him too. How he handled last year with such class and team first mentality was super impressive.

Can't wait for the season to kick off in about an hour with the Florida - Miami game!

Go time for the 2019 season!!!

Miami moving down the field pretty easily on the opening drive

Back