Leagues & Draft Order - 2019-20 THP Fantasy Football

oumagic;n8879164 said:
I will still be at work when the draft starts but have decided to quit my job to draft my team in league 1. I am sure the wife will understand ;)

I might just leave early instead, but the draft is definitely prioritized over work.

I’m doing the same thing. Ain’t no party like a draft party!

I absolutely need to run through a few mock drafts this week. Heading to Chicago, then to St Augustine then to Sarasota this week, so need to find the time.

mikeg_74;n8879138 said:
Looks like I am drafting from my phone. I have soccer practice starting on Thursdays right in the middle of this one. Ugh....

ill be doing the same thing from football practice lol

I haven't done any research or anything yet. I just realized the draft is next week, I should probably start doing this soon.

GolferGal;n8880463 said:
I haven't done any research or anything yet. I just realized the draft is next week, I should probably start doing this soon.

I don't think research is that big of a deal, just go by ESPN's suggestions. This advice also applies to anyone else in league 1.

I got a draft tonight for another league so hopefully that prepares me for this league draft a bit. I have never done a 16 team league, so I’m excited to be drafting 5th string wide receivers in the 6th round for the first time.

BigDill;n8880488 said:
I got a draft tonight for another league so hopefully that prepares me for this league draft a bit. I have never done a 16 team league, so I’m excited to be drafting 5th string wide receivers in the 6th round for the first time.

i briefly had the thought "I wonder if i can play a kicker in the flex position?"

BigDill;n8880488 said:

16 teams is a whole different animal. You really get to know those unknown players.

I’ve never played in a 16 team league! Starting in depth prep research...Hope it pays off!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

j_sizzle9;n8881483 said:
I’ve never played in a 16 team league! Starting in depth prep research...Hope it pays off!

one piece of advice is make sure you draft a good starting lineup, the waiver wire is usually pretty thin and you want to make sure you at least have a good starting set, bench depth is good, but not a necessity.

IceyShanks;n8881903 said:
one piece of advice is make sure you draft a good starting lineup, the waiver wire is usually pretty thin and you want to make sure you at least have a good starting set, bench depth is good, but not a necessity.

Thanks for the tip.

The way running backs get hurt, I advise people not to take any in the first two rounds. Just trying to help you all out. You know, people helping people.

oumagic;n8882178 said:
The way running backs get hurt, I advise people not to take any in the first two rounds. Just trying to help you all out. You know, people helping people.

LOL!!!

I need to kick my research and planning in to gear. Draft starts while I"m still at work, so I won't be able to get in till I get home. Hopefully that isn't too far into the draft. Going to have to try and prerank as much as I can.

Argh, my FIL's birthday dinner was rescheduled during the draft. Time to start setting up autodraft. I've had luck in the past, so we'll see how this goes.

I finally started doing my research today. I have absolutely NO idea who I am taking with the 14th and 19th pick, I mean none whatsoever. I have looked at a lot of top 200 PPR charts and there is no consistency, and with so many people with questionable injuries and contract issues, I am lost.

Although, I read today that Elliott is getting his deal. Not that it would matter to me at 14, I have no shot at him, but it pushes the rest of the board down.

GolferGal;n8885532 said:
I finally started doing my research today. I have absolutely NO idea who I am taking with the 14th and 19th pick, I mean none whatsoever. I have looked at a lot of top 200 PPR charts and there is no consistency, and with so many people with questionable injuries and contract issues, I am lost.

Although, I read today that Elliott is getting his deal. Not that it would matter to me at 14, I have no shot at him, but it pushes the rest of the board down.

I've done a couple mock drafts and I've hated each team I drafted in the 6 slot. going to be interesting to see how it all plays out on draft night, I felt a lot more comfortable with my player knowledge last year than I do this year.

If Zeke gets his deal done, I feel like the top 5 picks are easy. Then it comes to me at 6... And I have no clue.

Well next week just got really interesting. I have a flight next Thursday so hoping that the internet works and allows me to participate in a live draft. Otherwise I may need to pay someone.

BuckNasty;n8885580 said:
I've done a couple mock drafts and I've hated each team I drafted in the 6 slot. going to be interesting to see how it all plays out on draft night, I felt a lot more comfortable with my player knowledge last year than I do this year.

I’ve had picks at the top and middle before and felt good about it (of course I royally effed up the #4 pick in back to back years). I am not loving the 11 slot.

BuckNasty;n8885580 said:

I feel the same way. I feel like I knew the players a lot better last year.

GolferGal;n8885687 said:
I feel the same way. I feel like I knew the players a lot better last year.

I also got a bit lucky last year with my gut feelings on Mahomes and McCaffrey paying off. I don't have any of those similar gut feelings this year, and I have a feeling I'm going to be relying on ESPN ranks far more than I want to.

My only preparation so far has been watching The League. How have I never watched this before..

mmaynard11;n8885595 said:
Well next week just got really interesting. I have a flight next Thursday so hoping that the internet works and allows me to participate in a live draft. Otherwise I may need to pay someone.

Sometime tells me Zeke is going take the deal they offered him.

93civiccpe;n8886423 said:
My only preparation so far has been watching The League. How have I never watched this before..

That show is awesome!!

As far as general preparedness... I've got a draft this weekend that I haven't done any prep for as yet so that will be my prep for this league. I used to follow everything and was able to quote stats for a ton of players but my teams didn't do all that well. Now... It's a crap shoot who I'll pick where. The rankings figure in but now and then a gut feeling can't be ignored, but probably should be.

Back