Leagues & Draft Order - 2019-20 THP Fantasy Football

Damn, there goes my Andrew luck pick.

So, which league actually drafts luck on Thursday because someone didn’t hear.

Just crazy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just four days till the fantasy football season truly starts.

I have a ton of drafts this week, but the THP draft is the first of my more important leagues. With my home league drafting on Friday and finishing when my high stake FFPC leagues draft on Saturday of the NFL opening weekend, it’s time to get excited.

Had my first draft tonight. Really like my team, but so do most people in a 10-team league. I'm so torn on pick at no. 6... Four more days to research, I supposed.

I am really struggling at this 14th pick. I am trying to do my top 200 overall and right now the names falling around 14 are Antonio Brown, Odel Beckham, Le'Veon Bell and I don't like any of those guys.

Fellow 14th pick people, what are you coming up with in that spot?

GolferGal;n8890308 said:
I am really struggling at this 14th pick. I am trying to do my top 200 overall and right now the names falling around 14 are Antonio Brown, Odel Beckham, Le'Veon Bell and I don't like any of those guys.

I have the 13th pick and I've decided to completely fly by the seat of my pants this year. Strategies rarely work out in leagues this big. By the end of the season I only have a few players I drafted still on the team anyways haha

GolferGal;n8890308 said:

Since I'm at pick 16, I'll just take whoever you and mpeterson at 15 don't pick. LOL.

Going to be very interesting to see where Zeke and Gordon fall in the drafts tomorrow with both of them still holding out for a new deal. I think Zeke signs before Gordon, but I have a gut feeling it won't be until after the season starts.

jdtox;n8890312 said:
I have the 13th pick and I've decided to completely fly by the seat of my pants this year. Strategies rarely work out in leagues this big. By the end of the season I only have a few players I drafted still on the team anyways haha

I just did a mock draft and didn't hate it, but it was against a computer so I have a feeling there is no chance those guys are actually available to me when it's my turn.

Kenomikes;n8890328 said:
Since I'm at pick 16, I'll just take whoever you and mpeterson at 15 don't pick. LOL.

Haha, I will try to leave you something good, but not so good I have nothing good coming back at me at 19.

BuckNasty;n8890335 said:
Going to be very interesting to see where Zeke and Gordon fall in the drafts tomorrow with both of them still holding out for a new deal. I think Zeke signs before Gordon, but I have a gut feeling it won't be until after the season starts.

I am not sure Gordon plays this year. I think Zeke will play, and within the first two weeks.

GolferGal;n8890308 said:

Bell is in the running for me at #6, I think he comes out this year with a chip on his shoulder and wants to prove he is still a top 3 back.

BuckNasty;n8890339 said:
Bell is in the running for me at #6, I think he comes out this year with a chip on his shoulder and wants to prove he is still a top 3 back.

He is someone I am so unsure of. He has something to prove, but he's on a terrible team and he hasn't played in a year. His projection is all over the board from 6th overall to 20th.

GolferGal;n8890337 said:
I am not sure Gordon plays this year. I think Zeke will play, and within the first two weeks.

I think Gordon is out the full year as well. The Zeke holdout is interesting as the Cowboys pretty much have control over him for the next 5 years (current contract and franchise tag). Cowboys probably don't need him to play to win until week 4 (Saints).

GolferGal;n8890308 said:

That's about what I've seen as well, I'm hoping someone a bit higher holds out for me, but in those options I'm leaning towards Odel, honestly I'm just praying someone above me takes a couple fliers and leaves someone I'm not thinking will be there available!

GolferGal;n8890337 said:

Gordon is definitely missing games. At least with Zeke they already sent out a sizable offer so there is light at the end of the tunnel but I believe he too will miss some games but will be back before Gordon

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

IceyShanks;n8890354 said:
That's about what I've seen as well, I'm hoping someone a bit higher holds out for me, but in those options I'm leaning towards Odel, honestly I'm just praying someone above me takes a couple fliers and leaves someone I'm not thinking will be there available!

Same here, if these guys are there come draft day I may have the longest wait time before making my first pick...sorry league 1.

GolferGal;n8890343 said:
He is someone I am so unsure of. He has something to prove, but he's on a terrible team and he hasn't played in a year. His projection is all over the board from 6th overall to 20th.

I think the Jets will be a little better than people expect, but even if they are down in games he should still touch the ball a ton in the passing game. I think a lot of folks forget how good of a route-runner/receiver he is out of the backfield, with CMC/Barkley being his only other contenders for top pass-catching back in the league.

I think as we speak my contenders for pick 6 are Bell/Gurley/Adams/Hopkins. Hill might even sneak into the convo for me too because that offense is going to put up some crazy numbers.

BuckNasty;n8890390 said:
I think the Jets will be a little better than people expect, but even if they are down in games he should still touch the ball a ton in the passing game. I think a lot of folks forget how good of a route-runner/receiver he is out of the backfield, with CMC/Barkley being his only other contenders for top pass-catching back in the league.

I think as we speak my contenders for pick 6 are Bell/Gurley/Adams/Hopkins. Hill might even sneak into the convo for me too because that offense is going to put up some crazy numbers.

Don't forget David Johnson when mentioning pass catchers. Gurley is another interesting one, some have him going super early and others having him falling to the second round at like 18, which I can't imagine will happen.

My first mock draft just now was great, my second was a hot piece of garbage.

I am kind of shocked, I am about to do an ESPN mock draft and the draft room is over half full, that normally never happens for 16 team mock drafts.

GolferGal ;n8890393 said:
Don't forget David Johnson when mentioning pass catchers. Gurley is another interesting one, some have him going super early and others having him falling to the second round at like 18, which I can't imagine will happen.

My first mock draft just now was great, my second was a hot piece of garbage.

In all honesty I think David Johnson is the most over-rated RB in the rankings this year haha. He hasn't been a stud in fantasy for quite a few years and his team is awful, especially his o-line. The only reason he is a top 5 RB in rankings this year is due to a new coach with a supposed high-octane offensive mindset, but I'm not sold that will help him be top RB with the other hurdles he has to jump (Bad o-line/rookie QB/etc.)

I'm still trying to gather info on Gurley's health, he claims to be ready to go and if that's the case it's hard for me to pass on the #1 scoring RB from a year ago at the 6 pick.

BuckNasty;n8890403 said:
In all honesty I think David Johnson is the most over-rated RB in the rankings this year haha. He hasn't been a stud in fantasy for quite a few years and his team is awful, especially his o-line. The only reason he is a top 5 RB in rankings this year is due to a new coach with a supposed high-octane offensive mindset, but I'm not sold that will help him be top RB with the other hurdles he has to jump (Bad o-line/rookie QB/etc.)

I'm still trying to gather info on Gurley's health, he claims to be ready to go and if that's the case it's hard for me to pass on the #1 scoring RB from a year ago at the 6 pick.
Johnson is a bust and Gurley can claim to be healthy all he wants but you better draft is handcuff if you're drafting him as well. Arthritic knee issues are never predictable.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

BuckNasty;n8890403 said:

Bell just went 6th in this mock draft I am in with real people. David Johnson went 2 picks before him. Conner went 9th and Gurley went 10th.

MichiganGripRip;n8890408 said:
Johnson is a bust and Gurley can claim to be healthy all he wants but you better draft is handcuff if you're drafting him as well. Arthritic knee issues are never predictable.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

If I go Gurley I would have to take Henderson fairly early to make sure I've got that handcuff (which is why I'm leaning Bell if I go RB so I don't have to waste a higher than expected pick on a handcuff)

Oh man yall are in some serious trouble in league 1. Ive moved up 5 spots in the draft order this year from last, done 1/4 of the research from last year, and plan on going on a tear. Lookout yall!

chefkritter;n8890411 said:
Oh man yall are in some serious trouble in league 1. Ive moved up 5 spots in the draft order this year from last, done 1/4 of the research from last year, and plan on going on a tear. Lookout yall!

I started to do my top 200 picks and then said screw it, just do some mock drafts and see what happens. I just don't know what to think anymore. I hate the draft so much! I love FF, I just hate the pressure of the draft.

Back