The Official Tennis Thread (Spoliers)

I know this is week one of the NFL, but people need to get to watching this Serena Williams / Victoria Azarenka final. Just do it.

I'm good thanks

Nadal grunts like a female tennis player.

Nadal is just completely outperforming Djokovic right now. a 6-2 first set. That long Wawrinka match taking its toll on the Djoker?

Nadal is just completely outperforming Djokovic right now. a 6-2 first set. That long Wawrinka match taking its toll on the Djoker?

Yes and Yes. Personally, I think Wawrinka just destroyed Djokes stamina. Kinda like Wimbledon with Del Potro.

Well oh my goodness...looks like Djoker's got some fight in him after all. One set apiece now...love finals like this.

Well oh my goodness...looks like Djoker's got some fight in him after all. One set apiece now...love finals like this.

Looks like he's got some fight after all. Maybe mind games towards the end of the 1st set to make it look like he was tired and catch Nadal off guard?

Looks like he's got some fight after all. Maybe mind games towards the end of the 1st set to make it look like he was tired and catch Nadal off guard?

Gamesmanship is prime in this sport, wouldn't be surprised if that were true...but perhaps the Djoker just woke up and turned it up a gear. Nadal now looks lost.

Nadal's lost because Djok's strategy is working. Nadal can't use his power anymore and he doesn't know how to return Djok's forehand.

Nadal needs to use that topspin forehand (arguably the best in the game now) to push Djokovic out wide and then come in to net. Djoker is too good of a baseline defender to rely on long rallies.

Nadal's lost because Djok's strategy is working. Nadal can't use his power anymore and he doesn't know how to return Djok's forehand.
Yeah that's it! Are you serious......

Momentum can turn at the drop of a pin, and now Nadal is making a comeback...back on serve in this third set. What a battle.

This is an awesome match so far. I was going to go to the course and practise but this is exciting. Might go later.

What I meant was get winners.

What I meant was get winners.

And that, I believe, is because Djokovic is one of the best returners / defenders in the game. He always makes his opponent hit the extra ball..or two, or three.

Nadal fights back from a break down to win the third set. Wow.

Watching these 2 play each other is just so much fun.

Errors are the determining factor in this one. 40+ for Djokovic, 18 for Nadal. BIG stat there.

It's so sad to see Djoker let this deciding set go so carelessly.

Maybe Djokovic should have tried harder.

Nadal looks exhausted, is sweating and his hair is a mess.

Djokovic isn't even breathing hard and his hair is perfect!

Maybe Djokovic should have tried harder.

Nadal looks exhausted, is sweating and his hair is a mess.

Djokovic isn't even breathing hard and his hair is perfect!

Hahaha, true. This fourth set was so disappointing. I mean come on...fight, dangit!

Nadal deserved this win, especially with what he did to come back in that third set after being a break down and facing break points to go 2 breaks down...that set was the dagger for Djokovic. That, and the insane amount of errors that Novak made.

What... #Confused

You said he was lost. My point was it aint over and now we see he wasn't that lost. Sometimes you have to reserve energy son that you can finish the race

You said he was lost. My point was it aint over and now we see he wasn't that lost. Sometimes you have to reserve energy son that you can finish the race

Actually, to be fair, I was the one who said he looked lost. And he certainly did in that second set. Body language, his ground strokes, everything wasn't going his way. The beginning of the third set was the same...until he stepped it up a gear like we have seen Nadal do time and time again in majors and got the job done.

Back