The Official Tennis Thread (Spoliers)

JTnumbers

College Golfer
Reaction score
Handicap
GHIN 0.2
This thread will be used to discuss most if not all major Tennis events.

Right now, I'm watching some recorded stuff from last night's Aussie Open action. I'm currently watching my favorite Laura Robson play Sloane Stephens. I <3 Laura Robson so I'm hoping she pulls this one out. Can't wait to watch Federer against Tomic later.

So far, this Aussie Open has had some brilliant tennis.

And Laura lost :(

Hopefully, this Federer match is good.

The entire second set was awesome to watch, and the start of the third just has been vintage Federer. Tomic has been a trooper, but Fed's too good.

Do any of you watch the Davis cup

I love me some tennis. I haven't been able to catch much of the Aussie Open, unfortunately.

Anyone else watching this match right now? Djoker in a nail-biter.

Do all the women still scream when they hit the ball?

Anyone else watching this match right now? Djoker in a nail-biter.

I didn't bother tuning in because the top seeds always make it boring to watch in the early rounds. But now I see he's playing Wawrinka and I hope he does Roger a favor by winning.
I have nothing against Novak but I need Roger to win a couple more majors.

Man after almost 5 hours they still move better than I do in the first set.

Looking at a possible end to this one here!

Holy crap what a finish. Wow. I hope there are more matches like that.

That was one incredible match. I would be lying if I said I wasn't rooting for Wawrinka. Still, incredible Tennis.

That was one incredible match. I would be lying if I said I wasn't rooting for Wawrinka. Still, incredible Tennis.

I wanted Djok to win so he can meet Fed in the final hopefully.

I wanted Djok to win so he can meet Fed in the final hopefully.

Nah man. I want Andy Murray there to face someone other then Djok in the final.

Nah man. I want Andy Murray there to face someone other then Djok in the final.

Eh, I feel like Djok-Fed would be the most exciting. Otherwise I don't really care.

Eh, I feel like Djok-Fed would be the most exciting. Otherwise I don't really care.

Fed is getting old though. If Murray plays like he did at the Olympics, it'll be a great match.

Fed is getting old though. If Murray plays like he did at the Olympics, it'll be a great match.

True. I've never really been a Murray fan though for whatever reason.

We have the Tennis channel in our Digital Sports package. Jacqui loves watching the Grand Slam events. I will watch people I know of, and most finals.

I just love his grinding style of play, he runs for every ball. Not a fan of how he can act when he's frustrated, though, but I hope he wins more majors. Fed is still my favorite to watch, though. Just fluid, effortless.

My mom loves him because he's a Brit and she takes pride in how good he is. I love Laura Robson because she's a Brit and she's attractive. Hahaha

But all kidding aside, I just hope we see some great Tennis.

Last edited:
Sharapova looking really really tough right now. As well as Azarenka. Would love to see that final.

Also anyone see David Ferrer last night? That was an amazing comeback from 2 sets down.

Back