WTF?!?!?!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
He dropped Ruiz in the 3rd, but Ruiz then dropped Joshua twice in that same round...and then stopped him in the 7th.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

He dropped Ruiz in the 3rd, but Ruiz then dropped Joshua twice in that same round...and then stopped him in the 7th.

Unfortunately, I saw.

It’s crazy seeing Ruiz willing the fight out of taller, fitter, stronger fighters but that’s kind of his thing. Nothing against Joshua, but I liked seeing Ruiz setting the division on its head.

I think the rematch will tell a different story as Joshua will be better prepared, but hope this leads to some huge paydays for Andy.

Man I totally forgot about this fight. I was watching the Stanley Cup Finals and then just forgot about it and went to bed.

I honestly never was high on Joshua but I would like to see how he lost.

Man I totally forgot about this fight. I was watching the Stanley Cup Finals and then just forgot about it and went to bed.

I honestly never was high on Joshua but I would like to see how he lost.
The size difference between Ruiz and Joshua was staggering... Obviously can't judge a book by its cover, but Ruiz looked waaaay overmatched.

I think the stoppage was a little early and it could/should have continued. Outcome probably would have been the same, but you never know.

It wasn't stopped too early. That's modern boxing. They do more to protect fighters now. Joshua was done. You could see it in his eyes.

It wasn't stopped too early. That's modern boxing. They do more to protect fighters now. Joshua was done. You could see it in his eyes.
I don't know if he was done... He was dazed, but he didn't struggle to get to his feet and the ref never asked him to walk forward to show he was ok to continue.

I've seen worse stoppages, I just think this was a bit premature. I still think Ruiz wins and may even KO Joshua if it continues, but we'll never know.

In a rematch, I'll take Joshua.

I don't know if he was done... He was dazed, but he didn't struggle to get to his feet and the ref never asked him to walk forward to show he was ok to continue.

I've seen worse stoppages, I just think this was a bit premature. I still think Ruiz wins and may even KO Joshua if it continues, but we'll never know.

In a rematch, I'll take Joshua.

That's fair. I'd take Joshua in a rematch as well. I don't think he took Ruiz seriously since he was a replacement fighter.

That's fair. I'd take Joshua in a rematch as well. I don't think he took Ruiz seriously since he was a replacement fighter.
Agree with you on Ruiz being a replacement fighter and Joshua not taking him seriously. Cost him a major payday (and leverage if/when a match with Wilder does get put together), and his perfect record too.

I watched the highlights finally and I was surprised about the stoppage.

I still kind of think Joshua is a bit of a scrub...but we'll see. Maybe he'll use it as motivation to never take anyone lightly again.

Ruiz kind of reminded me of Butterbean...lol

I watched the highlights finally and I was surprised about the stoppage.

I still kind of think Joshua is a bit of a scrub...but we'll see. Maybe he'll use it as motivation to never take anyone lightly again.

Ruiz kind of reminded me of Butterbean...lol
As I commented over the weekend, the stoppage seemed a little weird. Joshua looked more exhausted than hurt...that's not to suggest he wasn't hurt, because he was.

The other weird part was the ref. When Joshua was in the corner, hands on the top ropes, the ref asked him if he wanted to continue and Joshua clearly says "yes" and then takes a look at his cornermen. The ref then starts looking around, almost like he wasn't sure what to do...and then he steps in and waves it off.

In that situation you'd think he'd be solely focused on the fighter and whether he was fit to continue or not.

Joshua didn't really complain about the stoppage, which seems to suggest he was exhausted and probably wouldn't have made it 5 more rounds anyway.

Tyson Fury fight tonight. I expect him to win and not get "Joshua'd"....sorry boys across the pond, couldn't help myself...

I’ve never really rated fury, always thought he was more of a pantomime. However, watching the second round highlights he looked pretty darn hot last night. The way he avoided Schwarz’s punches was fantastic, especially for such a big bloke. That division has certainly come alive!

I’ve never really rated fury, always thought he was more of a pantomime. However, watching the second round highlights he looked pretty darn hot last night. The way he avoided Schwarz’s punches was fantastic, especially for such a big bloke. That division has certainly come alive!

Yes......but...... Who was Schwartz? Credit more goes to Fury's promotional team (and Joshua losing too....) to make Fury look even better as Wilder's next opponent and DEFINITELY worth the rematch.

Pernell Whitaker was hit by a car and died yesterday. Really sad to hear, he was one of the greats. RIP Sweet Pea.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Sweet Pea was one of my favorite fighters. Truly sad to see him go and he was vastly underrated in terms of skill and ability.

He beat ODH and was screwed by the judges.

Rip Pernell.

He also got screwed in the JJC fight. He had one of the best jabs I've ever seen. Completely fooled even the best fighters.

Pernell Whitaker was hit by a car and died yesterday. Really sad to hear, he was one of the greats. RIP Sweet Pea.

That really is sad. I used to love to watch him fight. It wasn’t my favorite division of fighters, but I always would tune in to him. I read that his brother got hit by a car last year as well. Kinda strange.

Anyone watch Pacquiao last weekend?

And this is some sad news. Russian boxer died after an 11th rd TKO. https://www.aol.com/article/news/20...es-from-injuries-sustained-in-fight/23776398/
Really sad to see Maxim pass. Buddy Mcgirt was pleading with him to stop the fight but it didn't come quickly enough. I was hoping to see him come out of it OK. This sport is no joke.

Pacman looked fantastic on Saturday. I cant believe he's fighting that type of fight at his age with guys in the prime of their careers. Too bad the announcers were awful and didnt register how exciting and close the bout was. Manny definitely won, but they were talking it up like it was complete dominance. Thurman did fine, he was just beaten by a legend.

Pascal knocked Browne down.

Kownacki. Vs Arreola after

Pascal won. lol.

Kind of a wild fight, but entertaining. lol

Pascal better retire before he has brain damage - his chin is too good for his own good.

That Kownacki vs Arreola fight was very entertaining.

It set the record for punches thrown and landed.

Canelo-Kovalev?

Kovalev Is Likely There Just To Get One Last Big Payday And Take The defear.

Back