Which Sport Has the Fittest Athletes?

After doing soccer, track & field, crew, swimming, and water polo, I'd also have to give the nod to water polo as the toughest.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Australian Rulles Football, it's basically just a fitness contest now

Define "fit".

The answer is Hafþór Júlíus Björnsson.

Soccer comes to mind first and hockey was triggered by a post but I think gymnastics is the sport that has the fittest.

Crossfit athletes come to mind

Hockey has been the toughest endurance wide for me and it isn't even close.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is the truth. If you never played it, you won't believe it. But, there is a reason they're only on the ice in 2-minute shifts.

This is the truth. If you never played it, you won't believe it. But, there is a reason they're only on the ice in 2-minute shifts.

Truth and 2 minutes is an extremely long shift for the NHL guys. They don't get any where near that IMO. It is closer to 45 or 50 seconds. If you are too tired to back check you better get off the ice

Biased to hockey but soccer comes to mind also. I wouldn't sleep on basketball also up and down the court and playing offense and defense (well sometimes) isn't easy

I would say Ice Hockey. You just go as hard as you can for 30-60 seconds.

Nobody has said football?

Swimmers?

I'm going to say Hockey also. I played football, hockey and ran track growing up and hockey to me was the hardest on my fitness. In the Marine Corps I played some soccer and rugby. Rugby hurts more than anything else.

Torn between Soccer, Crossfit, Gymnastic, and Decathlon

Cross country skiing!! Incredible stamina!!

I agree with others that are saying hockey. I do think that soccer players are a close second.

Some of them are fat and that's icky.

To be "fit" you need >7% body fat and be able to run a long time. Because the definition of "fit" is directly correlated those things.

When players played "both ways" it might have been true but in current football, the substitutions have taken some of the fitness out of it.

Crossfit is a cult, not a sport.

*ducks and runs for cover*
I agree but they get paid and are on ESPN. Either way they are fit

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

Crossfit is a cult, not a sport.

*ducks and runs for cover*

I know several triathletes and also dozens of people who do CrossFit 5+ days a week. I doubt any of my CrossFit friends could even finish an ironman race, let alone have a decent time.

*I'll run for cover with you*

I know several triathletes and also dozens of people who do CrossFit 5+ days a week. I doubt any of my CrossFit friends could even finish an ironman race, let alone have a decent time.

*I'll run for cover with you*

And I would bet none of those triathletes could snatch their body weight.

Define "fit".

The answer is Hafþór Júlíus Björnsson.
I will agree with the strongman, but he still hasn't won a strongman yet has he?

I vote goes to wrestling/MMA. Also while I don't like crossfit, there are some pretty fit people competing.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Hockey, without fail, every time

I will agree with the strongman, but he still hasn't won a strongman yet has he?

I vote goes to wrestling/MMA. Also while I don't like crossfit, there are some pretty fit people competing.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

No. Hafþór has not won a WSM yet, because that competition is currently being dominated by a 6'8" 410lb American.

I'm in the hockey camp here, such a great sport! However, in terms of total fitness I'd have to go with Track & Field and/or Gymnastics...

Back