Wilson Staff Infinite Putters

They're counterbalanced. The factory grip weighs somewhere in the 130g range, IIRC. If you want to shorten your GP it might be just as easy to pull the shaft and cut the length off the tip.

Interesting. I can definitely do that (I've done similar clubmaking before).

Out of interest, does that mean that the weight that makes the counterbalance work is in the grip? Or is it heavier in the shaft area?

I've been on the road in Florida for almost two weeks and it seems my other goal is to go to each of the seven or so PGASS locations.I have been to six so far and I've rolled a bunch of putters. The Wilson putters are great, particualry for the money.
W/S someday will have to market in a louder voice. They have brought to the market lighter weight drivers and irons, balls with softer cores and colors, puttters with sight lines and then Callaway does a ball with lines on them. They dont allow themselves to get the credit they desreve for innovation. In fact because they are so quiet others take the innovation as their own.

I've been on the road in Florida for almost two weeks and it seems my other goal is to go to each of the seven or so PGASS locations.I have been to six so far and I've rolled a bunch of putters. The Wilson putters are great, particualry for the money.
W/S someday will have to market in a louder voice. They have brought to the market lighter weight drivers and irons, balls with softer cores and colors, puttters with sight lines and then Callaway does a ball with lines on them. They dont allow themselves to get the credit they desreve for innovation. In fact because they are so quiet others take the innovation as their own.

I wonder if they don't make a ton more money on other markets/products?

Tennis rackets and such.

They've always been top-notch - going back well before most of the big names in the game today.

Interesting. I can definitely do that (I've done similar clubmaking before).

Out of interest, does that mean that the weight that makes the counterbalance work is in the grip? Or is it heavier in the shaft area?

It's in the grip. Swapping out grips changes the feel quite a bit, especially if you move to something particularly light. There's no core weight like you see with the super strokes, it's all built in, so if you want to change it up you have to swap it out.

Is anyone gaming these? How does the finish hold up?

Also, maybe I am missing something, but it doesn't seem Super Stroke has a weight to match what WS is using. If you replaced the grip down the line, the feel would never be the same?

Is anyone gaming these? How does the finish hold up?

Also, maybe I am missing something, but it doesn't seem Super Stroke has a weight to match what WS is using. If you replaced the grip down the line, the feel would never be the same?

For the finish part, it’s not great. Marks pretty easily and definitely shows wear. Was the major knock on them for me.

For the finish part, it’s not great. Marks pretty easily and definitely shows wear. Was the major knock on them for me.

Yeah, the putters are gorgeous, but if they scratch easy, that is a big NO from me. TOO bad.

The 8802 is on sale though. Hmmm........

Yeah, the putters are gorgeous, but if they scratch easy, that is a big NO from me. TOO bad.

The 8802 is on sale though. Hmmm........

Pretty solid review on the homepage for the 8802 if I do say so myself....haha

This is an old thread, but in my infinite wisdom, I left my putter at home when I left for the round today. It was just far enough away that I couldn't go back. I asked the pro shop if they had a demo and they came back with this one

1684800612236.png

Much to my dismay, it was a mallet. I wouldn't say I hate mallets, but I just never get along with them due to the weighting (or so I thought).

While the putter was significantly larger than I'm used to, I was able to ignore most of the back portion while putting so it didn't feel too big. Weighting was fine, still love the grip Wilson put on these (I had the windy city for a minute).

I'll start with the good news, I didn't have a 3 putt all day. Made a few 10-15 footers and left 2 50+ foot putts to within a couple feet for easy tap ins. This almost has me searching the used market for a cheap one of these out there. However, the alignment lines are BUSY. I don't know if I could constantly use that as my gamer with that alignment activity. It was easy to square up, so maybe I could get past it.

Just wanted to throw out a mini review saying if you like that type of mallet, don't sleep on the Wilson putter...good value for a solid putter. Currently new at $130 on Wilson's site.
1684800771102.png

Back