2018 Odyssey Experience

But we all will be putting better, Right.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
They’re going to have sommuch fun. Especially the guys who haven’t been to an event before.

Yup, specially for those that havnt been to a THP event. They are fun to say the least......

Well my deposit is in. This is my first event like this of any kind so excited and nervous. Also my first THP event so hopefully I can keep up with everyone. I love my #7 Odyssey putter. I am always open to anything that feels good as well or someone with more experience than me recommends.

This whole thing caught be by surprise yesterday. I’m teaching snowboarding currently and was slammed all day from 0745-1615 with no breaks all day. When I was finally done my day I happened to check my phone and saw the THP message. Could not believe it. Again so stoked to be a part of this event and hope I can contribute to the THP group as well.

Pretty good review of the course here: https://www.graylynloomis.com/haig-point-club-review/

Looks like accuracy will be the name of the game there, which isn't good for my game!

Thanks for that link. I've enjoyed his northeast course reviews and we'll have to see if we can help out with a Powershower rating.

Do you know that sickening feeling when you see the sign up email sitting in your drafts - unsent? I never even gave myself the opportunity. Heart hurts right now.

This happens all the time to me when I undock and redock my laptop at work. This is going to be a great event, but every event this year is going to be great so there are a lot more to shoot for. We'll do our best to make you and the rest of the forum feel like you're there with us.

Well my deposit is in. This is my first event like this of any kind so excited and nervous. Also my first THP event so hopefully I can keep up with everyone. I love my #7 Odyssey putter. I am always open to anything that feels good as well or someone with more experience than me recommends.

This whole thing caught be by surprise yesterday. I’m teaching snowboarding currently and was slammed all day from 0745-1615 with no breaks all day. When I was finally done my day I happened to check my phone and saw the THP message. Could not believe it. Again so stoked to be a part of this event and hope I can contribute to the THP group as well.

Tod, you're going to have a great time. I was super nervous at my first one, but then I remembered that we were all there because we love golf and this great community. I'm one of the bigger introverts around and I love going to events with people who I don't know.

the worst thing is that it’s right down the road! Haha. Couldn’t ask for a better event to get into. I am happy for the people who did get in on this. They’re going to have sommuch fun. Especially the guys who haven’t been to an event before.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We'll sneak you on the ferry. :wavey:

Thanks for that link. I've enjoyed his northeast course reviews and we'll have to see if we can help out with a Powershower rating.

This happens all the time to me when I undock and redock my laptop at work. This is going to be a great event, but every event this year is going to be great so there are a lot more to shoot for. We'll do our best to make you and the rest of the forum feel like you're there with us.

Tod, you're going to have a great time. I was super nervous at my first one, but then I remembered that we were all there because we love golf and this great community. I'm one of the bigger introverts around and I love going to events with people who I don't know.

We'll sneak you on the ferry. :wavey:

Haha I’d for sure come down just to watch y’all do your thing if it was allowed.

Haha I’d for sure come down just to watch y’all do your thing if it was allowed.

Sorry you were unable to make it. Unfortunately this is a private club and facility.

Also, this arrived today and feels really good on the carpet

63d86925d89e24df41842dc56705c87a.jpg
0a5e05a67d8e3a8c154386981739d7fd.jpg
db68e4ba994fa1e0a8c20006b29085b8.jpg

Sorry you were unable to make it. Unfortunately this is a private club and facility.

I know haha. I wasn’t trying to weasel in. Replied more tongue in cheek than anything as my reason for not being able to make it wouldn’t allow me to even travel down there at the moment.

Four days later and this still doesn’t seem like a real event that I will be attending in 10 weeks.

Four days later and this still doesn’t seem like a real event that I will be attending in 10 weeks.

Oh it’s real and it’s happening! You’re going to have a blast!!!!

Just finished booking all of my travel arrangements!!!! Can’t wait to meet some new friends and have a blast learning about the Odyssey and Toulon offerings! Thank you THP!

Just finished booking all of my travel arrangements!!!! Can’t wait to meet some new friends and have a blast learning about the Odyssey and Toulon offerings! Thank you THP!

Looking forward to meeting you.

Ditto!!! Working on the old game this AM!!!!

add47cfa495f6dba87a1c2893b59aea4.jpg

Loving those wedges d! Where’d you get that done?

Loving those wedges d! Where’d you get that done?

So i bought the wedge shafts from True temper through a limited release they do....they are Spider man themed. So i figured i’d have some fun with it and do them up completely that way. I did the head paint fill etc. myself.

Here is the shaft...

5878eee6945503b97317039e0efd5c32.jpg

That’s awesome man!

Big shout-out to gmiller598 and JB for working with Haig Point to get us set up with housing. The 8 of us are going to be split between 2 houses that are on the same block, so it'll be easy to walk back and forth between the houses. The houses look amazing from the pictures.

Big shout-out to gmiller598 and JB for working with Haig Point to get us set up with housing. The 8 of us are going to be split between 2 houses that are on the same block, so it'll be easy to walk back and forth between the houses. The houses look amazing from the pictures.

My pleasure. The community looks great and I'm looking forward to the event. I'm really excited for the putters and getting to play on a great looking course. Now the weather around here needs to get better so I can get on a course a few times before we get there so I don't embarrass myself.

Yaaaas!!! Thank you guys!

This will be an awesome setup for us...thanks Greg and JB.

Lots of excitement on the forum this week, quiet in here though.

What heads are you guys thinking you might be fit into?

Well me personally I have switched between a #1 and now using a #7. I enjoy the mallet but still fun to use a blade. Honestly I’m up for anything as long as it feels good and works well. Really excited to see what an expert suggests.

Back