Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Also, I'll say the customer service department has been very quick to respond to the few questions Ive had up to this point
    THE ULTIMATE UNOFFICIAL GATHERING IS BACK FOR 2019!!!

Check out the Official ULTIMATE GATHERING Thread located in the Golf Courses, Course Reviews, THP Events & Local Outings Section!!!

WITB:

Driver:
    G400 MAX 11.5*
    Woods: Rogue Heavenwood
    Hybrids: N/A

Irons:
    585 Irons 5-AW with Recoil 780 ES SmacWrap shafts
    Wedges: RTX4 54/58
    Putter: Custom
    Ball:
    Q-Star Tour

Comment

Originally posted by mikedean441 View Post
      Also, I'll say the customer service department has been very quick to respond to the few questions Ive had up to this point
      Their instagram game is on point too.

Comment

Originally posted by War Eagle View Post
        Their instagram game is on point too.
        and made in #Merica
        THE ULTIMATE UNOFFICIAL GATHERING IS BACK FOR 2019!!!

Check out the Official ULTIMATE GATHERING Thread located in the Golf Courses, Course Reviews, THP Events & Local Outings Section!!!

WITB:

Driver:
        G400 MAX 11.5*
        Woods: Rogue Heavenwood
        Hybrids: N/A

Irons:
        585 Irons 5-AW with Recoil 780 ES SmacWrap shafts
        Wedges: RTX4 54/58
        Putter: Custom
        Ball:
        Q-Star Tour

Comment

Originally posted by lightningbolt44 View Post
          What makes any Circle T worth the price? What makes a Lamb Putter worth the price? At the end of the day a company throws a product out and if someone pays the price it is worth that price. Not all will think the price is for them but then again if we all agreed all the time it would be boring and we would all be playing the same thing.

It’s a small run of putters at a slightly higher price than an otr Scotty, or otr Bettinardi. Around the same price as a stainless piretti etc. the brand nor the name will not be for everyone but then again is any brand? I think there is room in the space and at the end of the day I think the price is right in line with the rest of the market. Even your cheap otr insert putters are not so cheap anymore and keep rising in price.

It is also 100% made in the USA including covers and putters which is more than you can say for many brands. That said the name, the colors and the style is going to be polarizing. Love it or hate it for sure and I can understand why.
          I'd say a 35% increase in price over an OTR Scotty isn't "slight" for what it's worth..

That said, I see your point, I just look at it similar to the way I do PXG (or Lamb, honestly). They decide their price despite having proven nothing, and the market dictates whether it makes sense.
          In my Team Hackers Vessel/Cobra Arnold Palmer Stand Bag

KING F9 Speedback 9* Driver
          KING F9 Speedback 13.5* Tour Fairway
          Z U85 18* Utility Iron
          KING F9 Speedback 4/5 Irons
          KING Forged TEC Black 6-G Irons
          RTX4 Black 50/54/58 Wedges
          Super Rat

Comment

Originally posted by ddec View Post
            that's fair enough. Was just kind of confused by the troll job part.
            like the paper street soap company.

“Fat,” the mechanic says, "liposuctioned fat sucked out of the richest thighs in America. The richest, fattest thighs in the world.” Our goal is the big red bags of liposuctioned fat we’ll haul back to Paper Street and render and mix with lye and rosemary and sell back to the very people who paid to have it sucked out. At twenty bucks a bar, these are the only folks who can afford it. "The richest, creamiest fat in the world, the fat of the land,” he says.

that's what it made me think of.
            awesomeness
            perfection
            innovation
            excellence
            brilliance
            pioneering
            leading
            redefining

Humbled, honored, and beaming with excitement to be the Captain (what, CAPTAIN???) of Team THP in the 2019 Grandaddy with

Comment

Originally posted by lightningbolt44 View Post
              Understand this for sure it’s never bad to have a different viewpoint.

The LV is actually a trend that has been going around as people have taken Their wives bags and turned them into cash covers, belts etc. I for one love the stuff/style but can see where someone would not as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
              very well said. i wish them all the best, and appreciate having more options for the market.
              awesomeness
              perfection
              innovation
              excellence
              brilliance
              pioneering
              leading
              redefining

Humbled, honored, and beaming with excitement to be the Captain (what, CAPTAIN???) of Team THP in the 2019 Grandaddy with

Comment

Originally posted by c.a.eleric View Post

“Fat,” the mechanic says, "liposuctioned fat sucked out of the richest thighs in America. The richest, fattest thighs in the world.” Our goal is the big red bags of liposuctioned fat we’ll haul back to Paper Street and render and mix with lye and rosemary and sell back to the very people who paid to have it sucked out. At twenty bucks a bar, these are the only folks who can afford it. "The richest, creamiest fat in the world, the fat of the land,” he says.

Incredible reference.... Maybe not perfect for this sample in my books, but man that movie...

Z U85 18* Utility Iron
                Super Rat

Comment

Originally posted by c.a.eleric View Post

I think your examples are pretty much on point for someone who wants to view it that way.
                  Want to know what's in my FlexTech Bag Here ya go!

Cortex w/Aldila Rogue Silver 125 Stiff
                  G410 5 wood
                  Steelhead XR Heavenwood
                  Apex 4 & 5 hybrid
                  Apex '19 Combo 6-AW w/Catalyst 100 6.0
                  New Level M-Type 56 & 60
                  Spider X

Comment

Originally posted by golfinnut View Post
                    Odd price .. $555.55 For a putter ... I think I'll pass.
                    man thats a steep price
                    Honored to have been the 2018 Assistant Captain in #TheGrandaddy of them all!

In My 2018 Team THP Grandaddy Bag

Epic Flash Sub Zero w/ HZRDUS Smoke 6.5
                    Rogue 3 Wood Even Flow Blue 6.5
                    XR 3H LZ Pro 6.5
                    Apex Pro 19 5-AW Catalyst 100 6.0
                    MD3 56* S, 60* W
                    Garage San Diego

Comment

I can see where the price is a shock to most off the bat, but made in America will always have a higher price tag.

As for the website I really enjoy how easy it is to navigate and while the products are splashy and in your face a bit, the website doesn't clash with the products (IT Nerd stuff sorry)

I like the designs and if I bought a putter I would definitely want to add a cover or two. I need to start following them on Instagram and see what new designs come out because what's left for sale isn't making me want to buy one.
                      In My #TheGrandaddy 2.0 Team Redemption Bag

Callaway Epic Flash 10.5° | UST Elements Chrome F4
                      Callaway Epic Flash 3+ 15.5° | Project X Even Flow Green 6.0
                      Callaway Epic Flash Heavenwood 20° | Project X Even Flow Green 6.0
                      Callaway CF-19 Apex Smoke Combo 5-AW | TT Elevate Tour Black S
                      Callaway PM Grind 19 Tour Grey 54°/14 | 58°/12 | TT Elevate Tour Black S
                      Toulon Stroke Lab Las Vegas | Chrome Soft **

Comment

good looking stuff, but way to expensive for me
                        Launcher HB 10.5 AD DI 6S
                        Launcher HB 3W AD DI 6S
                        Launcher HB 3H oban Devotion 9
                        Launcher CBX 4-P Recoil 780 ES
                        CBX 48*Recoil 780 ES
                        RTX 54* high bounce KBS Custom White
                        RTX 60* low bounce KBS Custom White
                        m2
                        Z-star

Comment

the King headcover is pretty sweet though

XR 3H LZ Pro 6.5
                          MD3 56* S, 60* W
                          Garage San Diego

Comment

Originally posted by mikeg_74 View Post
                            I can see where the price is a shock to most off the bat, but made in America will always have a higher price tag.
                            Do you think it's about margin here, or just selecting a value? 555.55 to me seems more like "how much should we make this thing worth" over the cost of made in America.

As someone who doesn't have a clue what something like this would cost to make, I'm pretty interested. Just assumed it wouldn't be all that much.

Z U85 18* Utility Iron
                            Super Rat

Comment

Originally posted by Canadan View Post
                              Do you think it's about margin here, or just selecting a value? 555.55 to me seems more like "how much should we make this thing worth" over the cost of made in America.

As someone who doesn't have a clue what something like this would cost to make, I'm pretty interested. Just assumed it wouldn't be all that much.
                              say its 303 stainless, a 3x3 1 foot long piece (about 30 lbs) will run you anywhere from $400 to $500 so say on the conservative end you are able to get 6 putter heads out of it, you arent looking at that much for the cost of materials. Maybe $150 after adding shaft and grip. Its the milling that can vary from one supplier to the next and even if you invested to have one in house, there is cost built into that. Of course this is talking about working on these without mass producing

XR 3H LZ Pro 6.5
                              MD3 56* S, 60* W
                              Garage San Diego

Comment

Originally posted by Canadan View Post

My first guess is going to find what the materials cost because that typically is the base for where the cost behind. Then throw in who your “craftsman” is and that cost is where I say made in the US creeps up bc of higher wages.

The arbitrary 555.55 does seem like a “let’s throw it on the wall and see what sticks” kind of price tag.

That being said I love putters and while I’ve not had the extra cash to dive into the boutique end, I like options.
                                In My #TheGrandaddy 2.0 Team Redemption Bag

Callaway Epic Flash 10.5° | UST Elements Chrome F4
                                Callaway Epic Flash 3+ 15.5° | Project X Even Flow Green 6.0
                                Callaway Epic Flash Heavenwood 20° | Project X Even Flow Green 6.0
                                Callaway CF-19 Apex Smoke Combo 5-AW | TT Elevate Tour Black S
                                Callaway PM Grind 19 Tour Grey 54°/14 | 58°/12 | TT Elevate Tour Black S
                                Toulon Stroke Lab Las Vegas | Chrome Soft **

Comment

Above Footer Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X