SWAG Putters Thread

curious as to why you think it's a troll job?

the louis vuitton styling on the one cover. stamping swag everywhere. the gaudy color schemes. charging $600 for a putter with no built-in cache that i'm aware of.

i can't tell whether it's a joke, and is intentionally ironic. or if it will be released in conjunction with limited edition ed hardy golf attire.

i don't mean to disparage anyone who is into it, just my observation on the message i get out of the whole presentation.

SWAG Putters Thread

I love some of their headcovers, but the putter isn't doing anything for me. What makes it worth the price? Exclusivity?

Is this the definition of a boutique profile? Build something and charge more than golf galaxy would?

What makes any Circle T worth the price? What makes a Lamb Putter worth the price? At the end of the day a company throws a product out and if someone pays the price it is worth that price. Not all will think the price is for them but then again if we all agreed all the time it would be boring and we would all be playing the same thing.

It’s a small run of putters at a slightly higher price than an otr Scotty, or otr Bettinardi. Around the same price as a stainless piretti etc. the brand nor the name will not be for everyone but then again is any brand? I think there is room in the space and at the end of the day I think the price is right in line with the rest of the market. Even your cheap otr insert putters are not so cheap anymore and keep rising in price.

It is also 100% made in the USA including covers and putters which is more than you can say for many brands. That said the name, the colors and the style is going to be polarizing. Love it or hate it for sure and I can understand why.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

the louis vuitton styling on the one cover. stamping swag everywhere. the gaudy color schemes. charging $600 for a putter with no built-in cache that i'm aware of.

i can't tell whether it's a joke, and is intentionally ironic. or if it will be released in conjunction with limited edition ed hardy golf attire.

i don't mean to disparage anyone who is into it, just my observation on the message i get out of the whole presentation.

that's fair enough. Was just kind of confused by the troll job part.

Understand this for sure it’s never bad to have a different viewpoint.

The LV is actually a trend that has been going around as people have taken Their wives bags and turned them into cash covers, belts etc. I for one love the stuff/style but can see where someone would not as well.

Only 441 would find a putter company with the name SWAG.

I think they look pretty sick, love the bright colors and design of them. Doubt I would ever purchase one, though.

Also, I'll say the customer service department has been very quick to respond to the few questions Ive had up to this point

Also, I'll say the customer service department has been very quick to respond to the few questions Ive had up to this point

Their instagram game is on point too.

What makes any Circle T worth the price? What makes a Lamb Putter worth the price? At the end of the day a company throws a product out and if someone pays the price it is worth that price. Not all will think the price is for them but then again if we all agreed all the time it would be boring and we would all be playing the same thing.

It’s a small run of putters at a slightly higher price than an otr Scotty, or otr Bettinardi. Around the same price as a stainless piretti etc. the brand nor the name will not be for everyone but then again is any brand? I think there is room in the space and at the end of the day I think the price is right in line with the rest of the market. Even your cheap otr insert putters are not so cheap anymore and keep rising in price.

It is also 100% made in the USA including covers and putters which is more than you can say for many brands. That said the name, the colors and the style is going to be polarizing. Love it or hate it for sure and I can understand why.

I'd say a 35% increase in price over an OTR Scotty isn't "slight" for what it's worth..

That said, I see your point, I just look at it similar to the way I do PXG (or Lamb, honestly). They decide their price despite having proven nothing, and the market dictates whether it makes sense.

that's fair enough. Was just kind of confused by the troll job part.

like the paper street soap company.

“Fat,” the mechanic says, "liposuctioned fat sucked out of the richest thighs in America. The richest, fattest thighs in the world.” Our goal is the big red bags of liposuctioned fat we’ll haul back to Paper Street and render and mix with lye and rosemary and sell back to the very people who paid to have it sucked out. At twenty bucks a bar, these are the only folks who can afford it. "The richest, creamiest fat in the world, the fat of the land,” he says.

that's what it made me think of.

Understand this for sure it’s never bad to have a different viewpoint.

The LV is actually a trend that has been going around as people have taken Their wives bags and turned them into cash covers, belts etc. I for one love the stuff/style but can see where someone would not as well.

very well said. i wish them all the best, and appreciate having more options for the market.

“Fat,” the mechanic says, "liposuctioned fat sucked out of the richest thighs in America. The richest, fattest thighs in the world.” Our goal is the big red bags of liposuctioned fat we’ll haul back to Paper Street and render and mix with lye and rosemary and sell back to the very people who paid to have it sucked out. At twenty bucks a bar, these are the only folks who can afford it. "The richest, creamiest fat in the world, the fat of the land,” he says.

Incredible reference.... Maybe not perfect for this sample in my books, but man that movie...

I think your examples are pretty much on point for someone who wants to view it that way.

I can see where the price is a shock to most off the bat, but made in America will always have a higher price tag.

As for the website I really enjoy how easy it is to navigate and while the products are splashy and in your face a bit, the website doesn't clash with the products (IT Nerd stuff sorry)

I like the designs and if I bought a putter I would definitely want to add a cover or two. I need to start following them on Instagram and see what new designs come out because what's left for sale isn't making me want to buy one.

good looking stuff, but way to expensive for me

the King headcover is pretty sweet though

I can see where the price is a shock to most off the bat, but made in America will always have a higher price tag.

Do you think it's about margin here, or just selecting a value? 555.55 to me seems more like "how much should we make this thing worth" over the cost of made in America.

As someone who doesn't have a clue what something like this would cost to make, I'm pretty interested. Just assumed it wouldn't be all that much.

Do you think it's about margin here, or just selecting a value? 555.55 to me seems more like "how much should we make this thing worth" over the cost of made in America.

As someone who doesn't have a clue what something like this would cost to make, I'm pretty interested. Just assumed it wouldn't be all that much.

say its 303 stainless, a 3x3 1 foot long piece (about 30 lbs) will run you anywhere from $400 to $500 so say on the conservative end you are able to get 6 putter heads out of it, you arent looking at that much for the cost of materials. Maybe $150 after adding shaft and grip. Its the milling that can vary from one supplier to the next and even if you invested to have one in house, there is cost built into that. Of course this is talking about working on these without mass producing

My first guess is going to find what the materials cost because that typically is the base for where the cost behind. Then throw in who your “craftsman” is and that cost is where I say made in the US creeps up bc of higher wages.

The arbitrary 555.55 does seem like a “let’s throw it on the wall and see what sticks” kind of price tag.

That being said I love putters and while I’ve not had the extra cash to dive into the boutique end, I like options.

say its 303 stainless, a 3x3 1 foot long piece (about 30 lbs) will run you anywhere from $400 to $500 so say on the conservative end you are able to get 6 putter heads out of it, you arent looking at that much for the cost of materials. Maybe $150 after adding shaft and grip. Its the milling that can vary from one supplier to the next and even if you invested to have one in house, there is cost built into that. Of course this is talking about working on these without mass producing

Yeah, I figured about that price for the material. That's good info right there.

I'm looking forward to seeing what comes of the milling from "SWAG" because I like 'sexy' milling, not just uniformity across the face.

Yeah, I figured about that price for the material. That's good info right there.

I'm looking forward to seeing what comes of the milling from "SWAG" because I like 'sexy' milling, not just uniformity across the face.

steel is kinda my thing haha now you can get the price even lower by going with a carbon steel as opposed to stainless steel. Stainless is about 4 times the cost of carbon steel so you can find a stronger high carbon material, like the 8620 grade Callaway uses in their wedges and cast the material which is cheaper too and now you have something just as strong if not stronger as stainless, just as soft as milled and 25% of the cost

Agreed, if the milling was deeper or a unique pattern, I’d be more interested.

What about the cost of the CNC machines that are in house? These putters are milled in house and the company has invested in multiple machines.

What about the cost of the CNC machines that are in house? These putters are milled in house and the company has invested in multiple machines.

all depends on what they bought. You can get a pretty basic CNC machine for $3-4,000 or you can get something thats top of the line, computer programming, water jet machines for around $90,000. Say they went somewhere in the middle you could make the argument that you tack on another $100 in cost for the CNC machine and hope to sell 500 putters a year and get your money back in two years. 500 putters seems aggressive but im not too familiar with boutique putters and number of units sold. So in theory you could say the putters cost $250 just in material and machining alone

Back