Kev,

How do you like the double wide? How does it rank compared to the others you have there?

Sent from my BTV-W09 using Tapatalk

dsw1519;n8887947 said:
Kev,

How do you like the double wide? How does it rank compared to the others you have there?

To be honest I haven't put much time in with it. I've only had it out for 9 holes and I was with my 5 and 8 year olds and wasn't able to concentrate much. I'm going to try getting to a practice green tomorrow though to put that and the two Toulon's up against each other. I may bring my White Hot XG for a comparison to the White Hot Microhinge also.

KEV;n8887958 said:
To be honest I haven't put much time in with it. I've only had it out for 9 holes and I was with my 5 and 8 year olds and wasn't able to concentrate much. I'm going to try getting to a practice green tomorrow though to put that and the two Toulon's up against each other. I may bring my White Hot XG for a comparison to the White Hot Microhinge also.
Nice. I would be interested to hear how the comparo goes. I have my eye on the double wide.

Reactions: KEV
dsw1519;n8887960 said:
Nice. I would be interested to hear how the comparo goes. I have my eye on the double wide.

I'll definitely share my thoughts. If there's one thing I like testing it's putters!

KEV;n8887899 said:
So options are good right?

aa80bb76edcd09dfd2835e5ff11397bf.jpg

I may have a problem.

Options are great. You want to start a support group to work through “our problems”

6b454d8b96c976bb2a7e627c7d64a26e.jpg
c39e06a5881efdeba0db33b2885181fe.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: KEV
You guys are crazy with those collections! How do you pick one to play?!

Each one of the putters I have has meaning to me but only one ever gets gamed. The rest are sit in a staff bag in my office

Molten;n8887985 said:
You guys are crazy with those collections! How do you pick one to play?!

It's definitely a problem. I went through a purge last year and need to do it again once I see the results from this group. My Grandaddy putters will never go anywhere but the rest will be fair game.

Alez367;n8887981 said:
Options are great. You want to start a support group to work through “our problems”

6b454d8b96c976bb2a7e627c7d64a26e.jpg
c39e06a5881efdeba0db33b2885181fe.jpg

Man I regret selling my V Line Fang Milled SX. I've kept an eye open for a blade version to add to the stable.

I love to practice putting and I love product. I struggle with the thought that price equals success in putting. I see some of the price points for Scottie’s and Toulan’s and others and can’t reason with the price tag for a club I use to roll the ball to the hole. Yes, I use a Bettinardi but I bought it cheap and it’s old. I’ve bought fairly expensive putters in The Market here and turned around and sold them. I think it’s the archer not the arrow big time as it relates to putting.

annsguy;n8889051 said:
I love to practice putting and I love product. I struggle with the thought that price equals success in putting. I see some of the price points for Scottie’s and Toulan’s and others and can’t reason with the price tag for a club I use to roll the ball to the hole. Yes, I use a Bettinardi but I bought it cheap and it’s old. I’ve bought fairly expensive putters in The Market here and turned around and sold them. I think it’s the archer not the arrow big time as it relates to putting.

I think there is something to that. I view it a lot like I view other items. A Ford Focus will get you to work and so will a new Cadillac. There is a cost difference obviously. Both have their places, right?

annsguy;n8889051 said:

It's absolutely much more the archer once you find something that fits you. At that point it starts coming down to personal preference. Some people don't care what the name on the club is or what it looks like and for some it's more important. That's one thing that's so great about this sport, there's no right or wrong way and there are a ton of options.

ddec;n8878628 said:
last I heard they were expecting more stuff in August. Thank stinks if they are gone.

Looks like maybe mid September now.

Watching the lpga event, and (compensating for wonky tv perspectives) it looks like several of them put the ball well forward of Center while putting. Is that just a personal thing, or do they move it forward on longer putts?

DucatiGirl;n8889370 said:
Watching the lpga event, and (compensating for wonky tv perspectives) it looks like several of them put the ball well forward of Center while putting. Is that just a personal thing, or do they move it forward on longer putts?

That's a good question. I have the ball pretty far forward in my stance but it's more of a personal preference and helps me feel like I can see down the line a little better.

Any recommendations for a new putter grip? My a Atlanta needs something new and in curious what others are liking. My gut is to go with my recent favorite, the P2 Tour Aware, but I'm open right now.

KEV;n8889541 said:
Any recommendations for a new putter grip? My a Atlanta needs something new and in curious what others are liking. My gut is to go with my recent favorite, the P2 Tour Aware, but I'm open right now.

Lamkin sink skinny blue

2 straight rounds with a face balanced putter (SeeMore ONEcs) and both have been much more solid from a putting perspective than I have experienced in the last month or so. Have previously gamed this putter several times over the past 5 or so years but it never lasted in the bag for a long period of time. Hoping the results keep up and that changes. But if it happens. knowing me, I will sell most of my toe hang putters and replace them with face balanced putters. Lol

Replaced a worn superstroke pistol with a new GP SNSR contour 104cc. Taking it out for its maiden voyage tomorrow

Im going for a putting lesson tonight or tomorrow night. Im so bad right now......

Currently looking for a place in DFW that has the L.A.B. Blad.1 and will do a fitting.

2BFAST;n8899048 said:
Im going for a putting lesson tonight or tomorrow night. Im so bad right now......

So my putting lesson last night was interesting yet really eye opening. A friend of mine which is my normal playing partner that is a + 4 hcp. Some of you may have seen him in some of my review videos previously posted in various threads. Anyway here is a brief of how it went:

My issue: for some reason, I have grown into a tendency for an out to in stroke and releasing the putter left cutting across the ball. Also sometimes my back stroke is long and a deceleration happens (common for us hackers). Mentally I want to baby the ball into the hole with a smooth stroke and try to be too smooth essentially.

The Fix: He started establishing the concept of rolling the ball end over end. Which he knew I could, just establishing the concept and starting from the ground up. Once we rolled a few with no other thing in mind but rolling end over end he moved to seeing the line and squaring up to your intended line. He mentioned mentally one needs to find the intended line they want to roll it on. Once they establish that this is the line for the ball to go into the hole, solidify it, and trust it. After that, essentially you have already made the putt. That line is what you think and trust that the ball will go in. If it doesn't, could of been from lack of speed, divot in the green moving it off its line, or bad stroke, ect. But trusting your line and rolling on it that line is the most important to start off with. After that we moved on to my stroke. Lined up a left to right breaking putt with his Eyeline putting mirror. He said to keep it short and compact with more of a "pop" stroke. Keeping it short and compact lessons the chance of the face turning over or the path of the putter from straying. So keeping the stroke within the length of the mirror (for this particular putt) and releasing the putter straight with a good pop on the ball. Once I got the hang of it, man it rolls so much nicer. But again, it reverts back to the beginning of the lesson of trusting that line cause once you "pop" it its going. There isn't any finesse to it essentially the best I can describe. I was always wanting to have a nice smooth stroke and smooth through the ball but what ended up happening is my stroke got long which ended up decelerating and finishing left from trying to baby the ball in the hole. Rather trust it, be aggressive, and roll it on the line.

As always with putting, a lot of it is mental. So mentally I have to have a new mindset which is good. At least now when I get on the putting green I have something to work on rather than just beating balls with the same results.

DucatiGirl;n8889370 said:

On Tour I believe it is most common for a right handed player to have the ball about 1" to 2" inside of the left heel. If a player has an especially wide putting stance this ball position "appears" more forward.If the player's stance is narrow the ball position appears near the center of the stance.

Back