PING Sigma 2 Putters Bring Adjustability

Looking forward to working with the ZB 2 for the forum review and for me the homepage review as well. Should be a lot of fun, been a while since I’ve rolled a PING putter.

Looking forward to working with the ZB 2 for the forum review and for me the homepage review as well. Should be a lot of fun, been a while since I’ve rolled a PING putter.

That is one pretty putter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That is one pretty putter.

Yes it is, it’s a shape I’ve always enjoyed and with the flow neck I’m excited to work with.

Yes it is, it’s a shape I’ve always enjoyed and with the flow neck I’m excited to work with.

It reminds me of my Byron bombora but with some awesome tech haha. Have fun with it!

What a great idea Ping has incorporated into this line of putters. Was at GG today buying a box of chrome soft balls and went to the putter rack. Saw this new line of putters and thought "Man, why didn't I think of that ". Been using putters at 35" for years but adjusted a Sigma 2 Tyne down to 33", which got my eyes directly over the ball, and knocked down a number of putts. I'm going to choke up 2" tomorrow on my current Cleveland putter and see how it goes. Pondering buying an adjustable Sigma 2 Tyne though.

Have any of you guys hear/see anything about the QC of these clubs? My local shop returned all their demos back to Ping because the grip is set too closed. Which is odd since I know ping uses lasers to put on the grips. I really wanted to test them too, pretty bummed out.

Have any of you guys hear/see anything about the QC of these clubs? My local shop returned all their demos back to Ping because the grip is set too closed. Which is odd since I know ping uses lasers to put on the grips. I really wanted to test them too, pretty bummed out.

Hmm. Interesting. I think I’ll have mine in hand today and I’ll check it out.

I used mine this weekend and didn't notice anything off about it. I really liked the butter a lot. It has great feel to it. I used to leave a lot of putts way short and i didn't notice that over the weekend.

Spent time at PGAtSS and I even asked if Ping had any problems with this line of putters and they said not that they’ve heard about...
If I get back in there this week I’ll specifically ask about the grips.

All of the putters at our GG location are fine.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Mine in for review is aligned perfectly. Pics and early thoughts later tonight!

We will be using this thread for the ongoing forum testing that will be taking place for the Sigma 2 putters and since I got mine in already, I wanted to throw some initial pics up (better will be shot later) of the ZB 2.0 that I will be reviewing!

Its slick, and I'll add, I think the grip is really good and the adjustability is EASY peasy, I took mine immediately to 36" which is what I've been fit to for putters.

DSC_0274-XL.jpg

DSC_0275-XL.jpg

DSC_0276-XL.jpg

DSC_0277-XL.jpg

DSC_0279-XL.jpg

DSC_0280-XL.jpg

DSC_0281-XL.jpg

DSC_0282-XL.jpg

DSC_0283-XL.jpg

DSC_0284-XL.jpg

DSC_0285-XL.jpg

DSC_0287-XL.jpg

DSC_0288-XL.jpg

DSC_0289-XL.jpg

Have to add, the shape sets up soooooo well, just enough width.

And the roll so far is fun.

Great pics! It is a good looking putter. Do you know if there are options for longer lengths in any of the new options? All models are 32-36”, correct?

soooo... that's a good-looking headcover. has it been ruined by velcro?:alien:

Agreed, that shape sets up well.

Just eyeballing the width, it appears to be wider than my ZB Redwood by that outside part of the flange. Just enough extra to bump up golfer's confidence w/o ruining such a classic shape.

As usual, I'm definitely interested in hearing your thoughts.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

I feel like I should get the ZB 2 just cause the name feels right

I feel like I should get the ZB 2 just cause the name feels right

Nope - you need to wait until the ZB4 is released :alien2:

Nope - you need to wait until the ZB4 is released :alien2:

Not sure I can wait another 2 years!

Great pics! It is a good looking putter. Do you know if there are options for longer lengths in any of the new options? All models are 32-36”, correct?

All are 33-36", not sure about custom longer options, I would bet you would lose the adjustability factor.

You magnet-heads are ridiculous.

Haha I can’t stand Velcro. It just sticks to everything. Dirt gets in it and just a pain

I was talking a bit about this line with my course's pro after the round yesterday. He thinks they'll be especially useful in the pro shop for demo purposes, and hopefully to get him out of doing 1-2 shaft extensions a year :D

Haha I can’t stand Velcro. It just sticks to everything. Dirt gets in it and just a pain

Its wild, I have literally never had that problem and I golf a wee bit a year :alien:

Back