PING Sigma 2 Putters Bring Adjustability

So I just looked into the Sigma 2 grips more closely, and it looks like the Pistol shape grip I used today is just one of three options available for the entire line.

The PP60 grip is a lightweight midsize grip with some contouring.

The PP61 grip is the pistol grip that I tried today which I would compare to the traditional, tried and true Ping pistol grips we have all come to know.

The PP62 is their large, round grip.

Of the three, I would be more initially inclined to go with the PP60, but would not be opposed to giving the PP61 a try.

When I picked mine up yesterday, I went with the 62. About the same size as my salty grip. Feels great.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

When I picked mine up yesterday, I went with the 62. About the same size as my salty grip. Feels great.

The cork grip?

The cork grip?

Haha yes. My Byron has a salty cork grip. I love it (although JB has his own thoughts about them ). The 62 is very close to its size. Easy switch.

Haha yes. My Byron has a salty cork grip. I love it (although JB has his own thoughts about them ). The 62 is very close to its size. Easy switch.

It sounds super functional, and after the round, you can pin your scorecard to it! Haha.

I can see that lightweight round grip being similar to the PP62 and this a natural transition. My guess would be that the PP61 would be the most popular option.

Excited to test this out. The adjustability intrigues the heck out of me.

Looks like my Sigma 2 Kushin C will be in my hands this Friday! Hopefully I can get in a weekend round and get it on the course.

Looks like my Sigma 2 Kushin C will be in my hands this Friday! Hopefully I can get in a weekend round and get it on the course.

Tick toc.... I’m really liking this putter... stopped by PGASS again tonight to roll a few with Kuchin C. Love the look at setup but I’m really set on having a longer putter as 36” or so is a bit too short and is uncomfortable for my current posture setup

Tick toc.... I’m really liking this putter... stopped by PGASS again tonight to roll a few with Kuchin C. Love the look at setup but I’m really set on having a longer putter as 36” or so is a bit too short and is uncomfortable for my current posture setup

First thing I’ll do Friday night is take some true measurements and post them. I will also compare to my current double hinge 35” putter to see if the center shaft location changes the length preference in relation to my stance.

I’m very much looking forward to hearing more about the adjustable length from people. Still unsure how it helps golfers, other than saving a grip, but I like the ingenuity in how its done.

Its pretty ingenious. Its unobtrusive and simple as can be.

I'm still a believer most will set it and forget it (or lose the key because its a bit of a small/awkward shape/size), but having the OPTION to tinker there is a win.

Its pretty ingenious. Its unobtrusive and simple as can be.

I'm still a believer most will set it and forget it (or lose the key because its a bit of a small/awkward shape/size), but having the OPTION to tinker there is a win.

They key should have been the same as the driver wrench, or had a place in putter cover to store it.

They key should have been the same as the driver wrench, or had a place in putter cover to store it.

Oh yes, its the same screw type, which is why I honestly think maybe just going with a driver wrench (which they have a ton of already) rather than producing a unique tool.

As for the storage, I can only speak on the ZB 2 cover, but there is no place for it on that cover.

Oh yes, its the same screw type, which is why I honestly think maybe just going with a driver wrench (which they have a ton of already) rather than producing a unique tool.

As for the storage, I can only speak on the ZB 2 cover, but there is no place for it on that cover.

That is good to know that it is the same screw type! I am still adjusting mine around trying it out to find that sweet spot.

Played a round with the fetch yesterday. Greens were a tad slow as it was raining/wet from rain the night before.

I can say I haven’t had that much confidence putting from 10-15 feet in a long time. I’m usually pretty consistent inside 6 feet, but I truly don’t feel I make enough from 10-15 feet. Yesterday I made 3 and scared the hole 4 other times. Also made one from about 25-30 feet for birdie. Is it honeymoon? I don’t know, but it’s a nice freaking putter.

Still struggling a bit on distance control every now and then. I think that’s from a few reasons. One: I’m not used to putting with an insert so my feel is adjusting to it. Two: the green speeds were slower yesterday and I wasn’t adapting very well haha.

Played a round with the fetch yesterday. Greens were a tad slow as it was raining/wet from rain the night before.

I can say I haven’t had that much confidence putting from 10-15 feet in a long time. I’m usually pretty consistent inside 6 feet, but I truly don’t feel I make enough from 10-15 feet. Yesterday I made 3 and scared the hole 4 other times. Also made one from about 25-30 feet for birdie. Is it honeymoon? I don’t know, but it’s a nice freaking putter.

Still struggling a bit on distance control every now and then. I think that’s from a few reasons. One: I’m not used to putting with an insert so my feel is adjusting to it. Two: the green speeds were slower yesterday and I wasn’t adapting very well haha.

Something I'm going to get into here in a little while with my thoughts from getting a full 9 with the ZB2 yesterday, but, what do you think about the roll/pace? I'm pretty amazed that even a slight and compact stroke is yielding a super forward and tight roll.

Update Time!

Hello world. :alien:

As seen in here, I've got the Sigma 2 ZB-2 putter in for both this forum review and a homepage article. As such I've been putting this one through its paces the past few days indoors mostly but finally got to take it out onto the course yesterday for 9 holes and, as always, I've got some thoughts.

1) The shape is pretty great, clean lines, great address setup, the ZB 2 is 1/2 shaft offset which for me is a big deal fit wise, and the finish is really good quality. I'll add here that I enjoy how PING integrated the insert into the design, you can really see what I'm talking about when you look at the sole, it just flows into a really slick overall package. Also, THANK YOU to PING for not going overly busy in the cavity, they have made that mistake in the past IMO with badges and such which as far as I'm concerned all they ever need there is the classic PING text, its so clean.

2) The adjustability is cool. 32-36, all at the twist of a key/wrench. Though I stand by my earlier thoughts that it would have been easier to just include a wrench rather than the smaller key that, at least in the case of the ZB 2 there is no place in the HC to store it which may make it easier to misplace, but, its a cool marketing feature. Also, I still doubt the adjustability gets a TON of use by most consumers, IMO it will very much be set and forget, but, because of how it is integrated and completely out of sight and out of mind I think that is a-ok. No matter what, its a cool concept AND application.

3) The grip is good. I actually like it a lot, as mentioned the model I have is reminiscent of the SS Flatso, but, I would really like to try the other shapes/sizes at some point.

4) The roll and subsequent paceh as surprised me. Our greens are rolling on the quick side right now, but even then I am finding I'm missing LONG much more than I have been because the pace and tightness of the roll I'm getting even on very compact strokes is pretty wild. Accuracy has been really consistent, but the pace is just, for me, much quicker than I expected out of an insert. That leads me to the fact that the insert feels pretty good, not overly soft with a dead marshmallow sound/feel but also not clicky or harsh. I'd label it slightly on the firm side, but I like that because of the feedback it gives me.

Out again today and will have more soon. If you have comments or Q's, jump in. PARTICIPATION makes a forum review way more fun and educational/releavatory.

Something I'm going to get into here in a little while with my thoughts from getting a full 9 with the ZB2 yesterday, but, what do you think about the roll/pace? I'm pretty amazed that even a slight and compact stroke is yielding a super forward and tight roll.

I’m very impressed with the roll this insert is putting on the ball. It looks very consistent as well. I did have a few weird launch/skids yesterday but they were anomalies due to the stroke I put on those two putts.
The great thing is faster roll, but I’m not getting the weird hot/inconsistent rollout that I have experienced with roll inducing inserts from different putter makers. Such as the method putters (original) and the first iteration of the microhinge from odyssey.

Box just showed up and will be playing around with it a bit inside later today. Forgot I had and old ping cradle and app I may also try to dig up and see if that can add any interesting data to the review.

Mine showed up at the office today. First impression is I love the look and the feel. Headcover is magnetic, ehich i much prefer over velcro. Mine came with the pp60 pistol grip which is a new style for me, I'm usually a mid slim 2.0.

Will roll it indoors tonight and then get to the course tomorrow.

Finally got back to my office and had the chance to unbox the Kushin C.
29a7dca3cf589508f32e689208a66302.jpg
609a64faf02b4f066448c59a0b4afa7f.jpg
4d36391cf3e1dde9a0919fad020e5f85.jpg
52fd50796083aee438f75e7b56f08565.jpg
52898a63a86dba8e41128b32ff522739.jpg
e66d6054387a7f6509f8c5c59a8a25b5.jpg

OK, so I got my putter in today. No pics yet, I was in a hurry packing for my trip to Branson, MO tomorrow and my round with Daddio (and maybe other THPers on Monday).

First impressions:

Looks: it's beautiful. This might be the first new OEM puter that I've ever gotten. I've fondled them in stores, but I know I've never put up the money for one.

Feel: I didn't mess around with the length just yet, but at 35", it feels pretty good. It's obviously lighter than my putter, but I think every other putter on the planet is lighter than my putter since it weighs almost 2lbs. I picked this one (the Wolverine) because the 370g head is the heaviest in the line and I think I might get along with it alright.

Adjustabilitiy: I didn't actually adjust it yet, but I'm pleasantly surprised that the took is removable. All the pics I've ever seen had it installed and I just assumed it was a permanent fixture. From the looks of it, I think an Arccos sensor might fit on it. I'll try it to verify later.

The putter will be making the trip with me to Branson so I'll be able to get it into the hands of at least one other THPer.

Feel free to direct any specific questions about the Wolverine to me.

I’ll tag the beginning of each of my posts with the putter version since we are all testing different models.

Arna:
Got a quick bit of practice inside after dinner. I only had a couple of chrome soft lying around, which isn’t in my normal gamer rotation (Bridgestone/Srixon/Snell), but I am seeing similar initial results to other video reviews I have seen on this putter/ball combo. This insert with a chrome soft ball is really really soft. I won’t say it’s nerf soft, but it’s hard to explain. It’s definitely not mushy or clicky like some other putters. It does feel firmer than the odyssey hinge line of putters. I’ve never really gotten along with odyssey inserts. I’ll be interested to try this putter with some Bridgestone BX /Srixon XV which are much harder off the putter.

Sound on this putter is nice, muted, but not dead at all, has a solid knock/pop to it.

The Arna came with the PP60 which is the smallest of the 3 options and luckily it was the one i was hoping to try out.

As for the headcover, definitely high quality feel and look, magnetic closure which is always a bonus.

Finally got home and took a moment to determine some of the technical specs of the Kushin C. When adjusted to its maximum length, the measurements are as follows:

Tip of grip to longest point (toe): 36.25”

Tip of grip to center point: 36”

Tip of grip to shortest point: 35.25”

So the maximum playable length is true to states specs at 36”.

With the minimum length, center of the head to the tip of the grip is 32” true, even though the grip states above the 32” mark by about 1/8”.

For my club, the intermediate measurements seem to be about 1/8” short of each mark, meaning that the 35” mark has a true to center measurement of 34 7/8. Not a big deal at all, but just something to note.

I have it set up at 35 1/8 to play 18 tomorrow. I should have more feedback after taking it in the course in the morning.

But, I have answered the most important question I had, which was whether those awesome THP head covers it on the Kushin C even though it has a center shaft:

dfce3b2097310ba6157322e020fe4a11.jpg
db557ed5e1e00a20aa940093c013b13d.jpg

PING Sigma 2 Putters Bring Adjustability

Finally got back to my office and had the chance to unbox the Kushin C.
29a7dca3cf589508f32e689208a66302.jpg
609a64faf02b4f066448c59a0b4afa7f.jpg
4d36391cf3e1dde9a0919fad020e5f85.jpg
52fd50796083aee438f75e7b56f08565.jpg
52898a63a86dba8e41128b32ff522739.jpg
e66d6054387a7f6509f8c5c59a8a25b5.jpg

Have you taken any measurements? Is a damn good looking putter

Edit: after posting your previous full post showed up.... hate Tapatalk

Edit 2: interested in your thoughts on sound and feel off the face.... soft, intermediate or firm feel from your perspective.... I have a buddy who has a completely different opinion on feel than I do.

I rolled about 15 balls today on the cheap office putting track I have in my office. I was using a chromesoft which is not my typical gamer, but the face felt soft to soft-intermediate. My plan is to try it out tomorrow on a bunch of different distances which should help me get a better feel for the face, especially with the Snell MTB reds I have been playing lately.

I’m a fan of what I’m hearing so far. Keep it coming!

Back