PING Sigma 2 Putters Bring Adjustability

I know that @HuddieJ bought one of these in the Anser style, it might be coming my way, bc the insert might be too soft for him...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've got to say this is better than the Bobby Grace HSM insert -- it's about the only one that gave me issues because while a great roll, it had no sound and felt too soft -- but the Sigma 2 is fine - not too soft and rolls well.

I tried the Fetch in the local store. It felt great and the results were great too - great roll indeed. A putter junkie should not go to the putter area in a golf store :banghead: I did not end up buying it but I was very close.

I've got to say this is better than the Bobby Grace HSM insert -- it's about the only one that gave me issues because while a great roll, it had no sound and felt too soft -- but the Sigma 2 is fine - not too soft and rolls well.

The HSM is a damn marshmallow with no feedback for sure, always a great roll, but its annoyingly soft at impact. This, this is on a different plane than that (meaning: better).

I the article I just turned in I compare it to a deep milled carbon steel putter, and I stand by that.

The HSM is a damn marshmallow with no feedback for sure, always a great roll, but its annoyingly soft at impact. This, this is on a different plane than that (meaning: better).

I the article I just turned in I compare it to a deep milled carbon steel putter, and I stand by that.

Agree - I still have that Bobby Grace HSM and roll it occasionally, hoping it will firm up - lol - but it never does. He has a new one out that is supposedly firmer, but I'm done with BG.

The Sigma 2 is more, as you stated, like a well millled carbon steel feel off the face and gives you sound feedback - always a good thing. Some don't like it; I found it pleasing. I like the Tyne 4.

Last edited:
Don’t know if it’s been mentioned but I saw something posted online about black shafts on the sigma2 range! I asked Ping on Twitter and the responded that a stealth shaft can be fitted on any sigma2 putter but not adjustable! I’m sold stealth shaft in a stealth Tyne head!!! Yes please

My son has been taking the putter to his HS practices. Says he gets many good comments from those he lets try it out. I think he's gonna end up with it in his bag. He seems to be putting very well with it. It's too light for my taste (even at 370g), but he hasn't been putting with a heavy putter nearly as long as I have so he'll adjust fairly easily.

If anyone has any questions specific to the Wolverine, post them up.

I decided to adjust my Kushin C putter length down to 34-1/4" from the 35-1/8" I had it set at and played all the rounds with so far. I was messing around with it yesterday, dreaming of playing golf, and took a few carpet swings. I noticed that my arms were a bit bent out at the elbows, like this: <>, and I think I may have a more consistent strike if I relaxed that bend and complication by having straighter arms, like this: \ /. I will report back with the results, as I am trying to get a round in tomorrow.

I have mine set at 34 I think. During my last round I had some great putting but the whole time I felt slightly awkward over the ball. Thinking I need to raise it about 1/4 inch or so to keep my arms from feeling like they’re reaching too much.

Loving this fetch though.

Fetch: Review.

I don’t want to post too much with the Granddaddy live this week, but I was able to get out on the practice and real greens this weekend and today.

I will download the videos and post after the Granddaddy is complete.

I did some tests on heel and toe strikes and my curiosity of how the Fetch worked on taking the ball directly out of the hole.

16de197393605582e8c1823809003cb3.jpg

Fetch: Review.

I don’t want to post too much with the Granddaddy live this week, but I was able to get out on the practice and real greens this weekend and today.

I will download the videos and post after the Granddaddy is complete.

I did some tests on heel and toe strikes and my curiosity of how the Fetch worked on taking the ball directly out of the hole.

16de197393605582e8c1823809003cb3.jpg

Oh, mercy! I think I'd rather hear nails on a chalkboard than see someone stick their putter in the hole like that.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Shorter length is doing wonders for my aim through three. I just sunk a 53’ after a good bit not great PW to the green.

I love this putter. Small adjustments make a big difference, and the insert is the real deal with respect to having a tight roll.

Contemplating picking up the Kushin C, I enjoyed the insert that much.

I believe my full article will be going up sometime soon, btu I have some more thoughts for in here as well. Will circle back today!

PING Sigma 2 Putters Bring Adjustability

Oh, mercy! I think I'd rather hear nails on a chalkboard than see someone stick their putter in the hole like that.

My worry was the possible damage to the hole or cup when putting the Fetch into the hole to grab the ball, which is one of the main reasons behind the shape.

I am a bit less concerned as the Fetch fits very easily into the hole, however I did have to apply more pressure then doing the same “grabbing” of the ball from the green.

I have a few videos, but wanted to wait with the Granddaddy this week.

My worry was the possible damage to the hole or cup when putting the Fetch into the hole to grab the ball, which is one of the main reasons behind the shape.

I am a bit less concerned as the Fetch fits very easily into the hole, however I did have to apply more pressure then doing the same “grabbing” of the ball from the green.

I have a few videos, but wanted to wait with the Granddaddy this week.

Doesn't the putter get scratched on the edges from putting it in the hole, too? I understand it is described to go in the hole, but I'm sure users will get lazy and still do damage top the edge of the hole. I think this just encourages a behavior that should be penalized.

Doesn't the putter get scratched on the edges from putting it in the hole, too? I understand it is described to go in the hole, but I'm sure users will get lazy and still do damage top the edge of the hole. I think this just encourages a behavior that should be penalized.

Eh, I don't think it would be as prevalent or easy to do damage as you are thinking.

Its s fun "feature"/aspect to the putter that most will never utilize anyway.

I have had no issue damaging the cup or the fetch when grabbing the ball from the hole.

as the two above has said, you would have to be very careless to damage the hole. I also wonder if the average golfer who would be the one to damage the hole possibly even knows that its made for that? I haven't seen it advertised super heavy for that usage.

I am not sure about this. I will definitely have to take note and check the Fetch.

I agree with PapaJohick that I have not noticed many advertisements showing the feature of putting the club in the hole to retrieve the ball. However, that is a large reason for this design.

Eh, I don't think it would be as prevalent or easy to do damage as you are thinking.

Its s fun "feature"/aspect to the putter that most will never utilize anyway.

If someone's stupid enough to stick an "Anser style" putter in a hole and yank out a ball, then they're stupid enough to do damage even with this putter designed to go in the hole.

I have had no issue damaging the cup or the fetch when grabbing the ball from the hole.

as the two above has said, you would have to be very careless to damage the hole. I also wonder if the average golfer who would be the one to damage the hole possibly even knows that its made for that? I haven't seen it advertised super heavy for that usage.

Some people are very careless. See above.

I am not sure about this. I will definitely have to take note and check the Fetch.

I agree with PapaJohick that I have not noticed many advertisements showing the feature of putting the club in the hole to retrieve the ball. However, that is a large reason for this design.

Of course it is. I mean, the simple fact that they named it "Fetch" is all the advertisement you'd need to figure out what they intend for people to do with it.

Don't get me wrong, I'm impressed with the putters. I just think it's irresponsible for Ping to create a putter that's intended to go in the hole.

If someone's stupid enough to stick an "Anser style" putter in a hole and yank out a ball, then they're stupid enough to do damage even with this putter designed to go in the hole.

Some people are very careless. See above.

Of course it is. I mean, the simple fact that they named it "Fetch" is all the advertisement you'd need to figure out what they intend for people to do with it.

Don't get me wrong, I'm impressed with the putters. I just think it's irresponsible for Ping to create a putter that's intended to go in the hole.

Meh, much ado about nothing imo. But, different strokes.

Meh, much ado about nothing imo. But, different strokes.
I'm sorry your feel I'm making a great fuss about it, but it's hardly insignificant.

Doesn't it irk you when the course, the green and hole in particular, isn't cared for the way it should be?

I'm sorry your feel I'm making a great fuss about it, but it's hardly insignificant.

Doesn't it irk you when the course, the green and hole in particular, isn't cared for the way it should be?

I’ve honestly never (almost) run into that problem. If there’s an issue with the hole, it’s usually from either a ball almost slam dunking or from the hole not being cut correctly. Green wise it’s typically just people dragging their feet. Overall though, almost never seem to see people being that careless of the course and I don’t play at Richie/well manicured places haha. Mostly public that gets large amount of traffic in a touristy town.

I’ve honestly never (almost) run into that problem. If there’s an issue with the hole, it’s usually from either a ball almost slam dunking or from the hole not being cut correctly. Green wise it’s typically just people dragging their feet. Overall though, almost never seem to see people being that careless of the course and I don’t play at Richie/well manicured places haha. Mostly public that gets large amount of traffic in a touristy town.

That's surprising. Maybe it's because I play early mornings often since I work evenings and play with the senior group routinely, but I see guys sticking their putters in the hole to drag a ball out often.

That's surprising. Maybe it's because I play early mornings often since I work evenings and play with the senior group routinely, but I see guys sticking their putters in the hole to drag a ball out often.

Hmm maybe. Plus I know my experiences are small sample of the general golf population haha.

This has so much awesomeness to it. What a great design to bring fitting/adjustability to putters. Excited to see them and read over reviews

Love the design. About the slick adjustable length, I’m sure the engineers at other putter companies are thinking “why didn’t I think of that”! I will be getting one of these to add to the 6 or 7 other putters from Ping that are in my collection.

I see it on occasion but not nearly as often as I see guys not fixing ball marks, not replacing divots, and draggin their feet on the greens. I'm amazed that so many can't walk on the greens with enough care to not damage them for all the golfers after them.

Back