PING Sigma 2 Putters Bring Adjustability

I'm going to have to looking into the grip options as I'm thinking a new Tyne 4 may be in my bag soon.

Does it make it easier? Or does it allow people to tinker with length?

I think many retailers will have the tool available honestly.

I think both really. Tinkering type people are going to tinker, but those that don’t tinker and don’t think much about fit of their clubs will have an opportunity to see how proper fitting helps.

I think both really. Tinkering type people are going to tinker, but those that don’t tinker and don’t think much about fit of their clubs will have an opportunity to see how proper fitting helps.

I suppose that is the case. I guess my view is if one is going to get fit for length a putter, this doesn't change much.
With that said, I thought it was the best application of adjustability I had seen to date in this area. You cannot even tell its adjustable by looking at it at all.

I suppose that is the case. I guess my view is if one is going to get fit for length a putter, this doesn't change much.
With that said, I thought it was the best application of adjustability I had seen to date in this area. You cannot even tell its adjustable by looking at it at all.

I think the fact that’s hidden wont hurt them either.

Don’t get me wrong, I don’t think is going to completely alter the fitting landscape as it sits today. I do think that more than a few people will get the length adjusted, assuming the local big boxes have someone that willing to say “hey, we can adjust the length on that in just few minutes if you want it longer/shorter”.

I think this is a brilliant idea as long as it does not impact the feel. If executed correctly this could be a big win for Ping. I like the color profiles as well!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

I really like what I’m seeing here. I might have to get my hands on one of these to try. I’m sure I am one of the people playing the wrong length so it would be fun to tinker with and could make the bag.

The insert sounds really good too!

The face itself is what is most interesting to me but the adjustability is pretty cool. As someone who recently wanted to try a shorter putter it sucked having to buy something or cut down a current putter and pay for a new grip to tinker. I'm not sure the adjustability will be used by a lot of people but it's pretty awesome that it's available.

How stoked do you think greenskeepers are for the fetch ?
7f2fdadc83dd83c9f10a8f8496af2fd9.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The face itself is what is most interesting to me but the adjustability is pretty cool. As someone who recently wanted to try a shorter putter it sucked having to buy something or cut down a current putter and pay for a new grip to tinker. I'm not sure the adjustability will be used by a lot of people but it's pretty awesome that it's available.

I was actually pretty surprised they went with this tech, since it came out so long ago. I believe they first introduced dual durometer a decade ago. I liked it then though, so no reason I won't now.

Not sure I understand the need for it other than the initial fitting process. :confused2:

Interesting tech for sure. Can't wait to give these a roll.

Can't wait to roll these! Definitely on the top of my list. I'm purchasing another putter soon and this jumps to the top of the list. 2135 Satin is up there too, but the Arna and the Fetch are immediate "must try". Doubt I will tinker with length, I am more curious on the feel of the face and that insert

What's the release date?

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Not sure I understand the need for it other than the initial fitting process. :confused2:
It sure will help selling it if user isn't happy with it.

Sent from my BLA-A09 using Tapatalk

It sure will help selling it if user isn't happy with it.

You know, as a guy who plays a 36" putter, that is an angle I hadn't considered. That length is usually a deal breaker for many.

You know, as a guy who plays a 36" putter, that is an angle I hadn't considered. That length is usually a deal breaker for many.
And I play at 33" but could still buy your 36". Greatly improved selling potential.

I have last year's Sigma so I won't go this year's. The only issue I have is mine gets a little high pitched for longer putts but that isn't enough to make me move to the new one.

And I play at 33" but could still buy your 36". Greatly improved selling potential.

I have last year's Sigma so I won't go this year's. The only issue I have is mine gets a little high pitched for longer putts but that isn't enough to make me move to the new one.

It's been so long since I have rolled a PING putter (I think when I reviewed the original Ketsch), I need to change that.

How stoked do you think greenskeepers are for the fetch ?

Probably happy to be honest. I constantly see people ramming their oversized mallets in the hole to dig out the ball, at least this one fits =)

PING Sigma 2 Putters Bring Adjustability

I have the Sigma G and it’s a solid putter. The adjustability of the Sigma 2 sounds cool, but it’s sort of a one time adjustment... set it and forget it..

Edit: Sigma 2 adjustability is from 32-36” what if you fall outside those limits, is there an option available above or below this range?

Nice looking putters, the adjustments are pretty cool too. I’m not sure I’ve ever seen anything like that.

I thought the same thing. I know there is a design kind of like this in Wilson Staff Driver vs Driver where the length is adjustable but I dont think its as simple as this design. Pretty neat feature if you love the stock grip

Big fan of the adjustable and I trust that their grips are fantastic.

I really like the the look of that putter. I was just trying out the Vault this weekend and was kicking it around as i am not really sold on my current putter. Great review as always

I guess I just don't see the need in adjusting your putter length when you have it figured out.
Sweet idea though that looks to work really well.

I guess I just don't see the need in adjusting your putter length when you have it figured out.
Sweet idea though that looks to work really well.

Seems to benefit Ping more than the consumer, in the sense that they only need to carry one SKU per putter type. Also don't need to factor in different head weights etc..

Seems to benefit Ping more than the consumer, in the sense that they only need to carry one SKU per putter type. Also don't need to factor in different head weights etc..

Yeah that makes a lot of sense!

Back