Odyssey Stroke Lab Putter Thread

Question to the guys on the team - can you describe what Stroke Lab feels like? Does it even feel differently to you? What are you seeing differently on the course with Stroke Lab vs your prior gamer?

At first pick-up the Stroke Lab feels heavier to me, but it doesn't putt like a heavy putter at all. I loved my previous gamer (Toulon Austin) but I think that the Stroke Lab one offers me an equal feel but with an added stability.

As far as comparing on course results? I'm simply making more putts now. I honestly don't know if it's because the Stroke Lab tech is making my stroke more consistent, or if it's the putting grip changes Joe Toulon and Austie Rollinson helped me make paying dividends, or if it's just dumb luck. But I'm loving it.

Great video, thanks for sharing.

I remember how well the team putted and how odd it was - new courses, new putters, kind of a stressful golf situation, etc. I think Stroke Lab had a big role in that.

Great video, thanks for sharing.

I remember how well the team putted and how odd it was - new courses, new putters, kind of a stressful golf situation, etc. I think Stroke Lab had a big role in that.

If I had warmed up to the driver as quickly as I warmed up to the Stroke Lab, things would have gone very differently lol.

Question to the guys on the team - can you describe what Stroke Lab feels like? Does it even feel differently to you? What are you seeing differently on the course with Stroke Lab vs your prior gamer?

It’s not so much of what I feel, but it’s what I don’t feel. I don’t feel my stroke waver and wobble and I am not fighting the putter head. With Stroke Lab I am just making nice consistent easy strokes. I can’t yet quantify what I have seen on course vs my old gamer but I know I made some pretty awesome putts with the Stroke Lab at the Hideaway. I have only played 45 holes with it but I would say it’s a must purchase if people are on the fence about buying one.

I suck at describing feel, but it feels great to me. I can feel the difference between perfectly centered putts and slightly off center putts (the perfectly or nearly perfect putts feel fantastic).

Overall it feels somewhat different in my hands than my O-Works 1, probably because of the balance.

I don't have data to back it up, but I may be lag putting a little bit better with it, at least for really long lag putts.

@phillyV @rogt @boder @armygolf @phil75070 @shanewu @dazeedmunds @kev @ttucliffhanger @bluehen2006 @mpeterson
I have said this before but it is hard to explain. It feels different. I think the best word for it is fluid. With the stroke lab I am seeing a more consistent role on the ball.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

@phillyV @rogt @boder @armygolf @phil75070 @shanewu @dazeedmunds @kev @ttucliffhanger @bluehen2006 @mpeterson

It feels different in a better way but like I was discussing with Pete on one of the bus rides - I can’t put my finger on what it is exactly.

As for on the course I’m far, far better in that 4-5 foot range while not losing control on longer putts. That’s always Ben my issue when going to a counterbalanced setup to help my short putting - my long putts suffered. This setup is more balanced. So maybe “balance” is the feel?

Not one of the team but in my one round and a little more rolling mpete’s and at a demo day

The feel is best described as balanced it’s one weight and consistently distributed through the entire 35” inches IMO of course

The best way I can describe it is it feels more stable in my hands. I compared it to my gamer from last year (mallet), and that club was actually ~20 grams heavier, but the Stroke Lab 7s actually feels heavier to me.

One main different I noticed on the greens and when practicing is the club head goes through the stroke much smoother too. I consider myself a good putter, but I can sometimes start the backstroke off in the wrong direction and have to stop and refocus and begin the stroke again. I don't think this would happen as often with this putter because the weight is distributed more to the head and grip. Hard to really describe until you actually try it, but the club feels more like 1 fluid piece, vs. other putters that are light at the grip end and heavy at the head.

Not one of the team but in my one round and a little more rolling mpete’s and at a demo day

The feel is best described as balanced it’s one weight and consistently distributed through the entire 35” inches IMO of course

This is pretty much exactly how I feel, balanced and smooth. I had started playing lighter putter heads because they felt more balanced to me and with the redistribution of the weight it seems to give me that similar feel.

The other thing I've struggled with is fighting my own stroke but I don't feel that way with my One.

For me, the feeling is just more controlled. I had been going heavier and heavier in my putters and in my last gamer was playing at 385g. All of that was about feeling controlled through the pendulum so to speak. Somehow, Odyssey produced the same feeling of control and balance without going heavier. It gives you confidence the to believe you can find some consistency in pace and face control through the swing. At home I'm seeing more frequent perfect putts on the PuttOut trainer. A perfect Putt previously required fasting and prayer, but most of that had to do with pace and my inconsistency there. On course, I'm missing very few putts within 4-5ft which is spectacular since these PM wedges are snipers. I'm looking forward to this season.

Really interested to try the 7S out. I'm a bit nervous how you guys are describing them as feeling heavy though. That has been a disaster in the past for me. I like the putter to feel light.

Really interested to try the 7S out. I'm a bit nervous how you guys are describing them as feeling heavy though. That has been a disaster in the past for me. I like the putter to feel light.

I’m not feeling heavy personally. I’m feeling balanced.

Same here, I've never had a thought that it felt heavy. Although I'm playing the blade so that could have something to do with it.

Same here, I've never had a thought that it felt heavy. Although I'm playing the blade so that could have something to do with it.
I used to think "heavy" was the only way to find that feeling of control. Stroke Lab debunked that.

Would you say overall weight feels similar to o works 7s?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Same for me. I wouldn't worry about it, Lions. Don't go into demoing them expecting anything besides maybe a more balanced feel.

I'm not feeling heavy either. Balanced is a great word because that's exactly how it feels.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Heavy isn't the word I'd use. Balanced, like @JB says

Odyssey Stroke Lab Putter Thread

I used to think "heavy" was the only way to find that feeling of control. Stroke Lab debunked that.

This is good to know. I constantly looked for weight kits or lead tape to get that heavier head weight. Hopefully this set up let’s me enjoy it without the need to adjust it

This is good to know. I constantly looked for weight kits or less tape to get that heavier head weight. Hopefully this set up let’s me enjoy it without the need to adjust it
For me it was hard for my brain to process. It wasn't as heavy as the putter I was gaming, but it still felt like I could swing it smoothly. Interestingly enough, this helped me tremendously with pace once I was able to get it home and practice with it.

i'm very, very intrigued by the double-wide. anybody know how much toe hang the flow neck model is supposed to have?

everything i read says i should be playing a face balanced putter with my straight back - straight forward stroke, but i have always preferred the feel and look of blades with a plumbers neck (and therefore some toe hang). hoping the double wide flow neck might be the one to match this feel.

i'm very, very intrigued by the double-wide. anybody know how much toe hang the flow neck model is supposed to have?

everything i read says i should be playing a face balanced putter with my straight back - straight forward stroke, but i have always preferred the feel and look of blades with a plumbers neck (and therefore some toe hang). hoping the double wide flow neck might be the one to match this feel.

I don’t remember exactly, but it had more toe hang than I expected. It was in the 4:30 range.

These are on the try out list, I am going to go and get a putter fitting in the near future most likely Club Champion.

Today was another sad day from the putter standpoint and I am sick of it.

Jim I think you’d like these. I think this might help your putting woes.

Back