Odyssey Stroke Lab Putter Thread

i'm very, very intrigued by the double-wide. anybody know how much toe hang the flow neck model is supposed to have?

everything i read says i should be playing a face balanced putter with my straight back - straight forward stroke, but i have always preferred the feel and look of blades with a plumbers neck (and therefore some toe hang). hoping the double wide flow neck might be the one to match this feel.
Here is a pic I took just a second ago for you to see the toe hang of the DoubleWide with the flow neck. Hope this helps.
44153f85d26e95fb39eb478563101f9f.jpg

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

I’m like 99% positive I am buying an Odyssey Stroke Lab when they go on pre-sale. There’s a 1% chance I buy a Toulon instead. I need more Stroke Lab.

These are on the try out list, I am going to go and get a putter fitting in the near future most likely Club Champion.

Today was another sad day from the putter standpoint and I am sick of it.

I think either way if you go Odyssey or Toulon the Stroke Lab shaft may give you a little extra help. There's just something different about the feel.

Here is a pic I took just a second ago for you to see the toe hang of the DoubleWide with the flow neck. Hope this helps.

Ugghhh I love that shape. Stupid me.

Ugghhh I love that shape. Stupid me.
I know! This putter is so amazing. I hate blade putters but this is big enough that it's not a true blade and not a true mallet and I love it. Gonna go back to my left hand low though and steady my stroke back out a little more. Dangit I need to get my back room done so I can get my Puttout and Puttout matt up.

This is exactly what I was looking for, and looks similar to what I'm working with with my current Scotty. Thanks!

Question to the guys on the team - can you describe what Stroke Lab feels like? Does it even feel differently to you? What are you seeing differently on the course with Stroke Lab vs your prior gamer?

@phillyV @rogt @boder @armygolf @phil75070 @shanewu @dazeedmunds @kev @ttucliffhanger @bluehen2006 @mpeterson

It feels smooth, balanced differently than any other putter I’ve used. Effortless is perhaps a good word - it’s almost like once you start the forward stroke it just wants to swing itself. No manipulation required. With this insert, the ball seems to start rolling quicker off the clubface and distance control has been phenomenal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It feels smooth, balanced differently than any other putter I’ve used. Effortless is perhaps a good word - it’s almost like once you start the forward stroke it just wants to swing itself. No manipulation required. With this insert, the ball seems to start rolling quicker off the clubface and distance control has been phenomenal.

That’s a great way to describe the feel of the putter on the forward stroke and how the ball rolls off the face. I’ve noticed it start faster for me too, and since I’m always one that leave the putt short more often than long, this hopefully will benefit me greatly this season!

That’s perfect for me as this model is a hard ponder. Can anyone confirm that the insert is the same or different than the EXO. That just felt a bit to firm for my liking. All I’ve read says “improved”
Is the shaft tech getting that smoother feeling or is there actually a different insert?

That’s perfect for me as this model is a hard ponder. Can anyone confirm that the insert is the same or different than the EXO. That just felt a bit to firm for my liking. All I’ve read says “improved”
Is the shaft tech getting that smoother feeling or is there actually a different insert?

It's the white hot microhinge insert.

It seems that the Odyssey grip is a integral part of the Stroke Lab Putters. How do they feel compared to your previous gamer? I love the Winn Jumbo Lite that I have now but I assume it would not work well with Stroke Lab.

It seems that the Odyssey grip is a integral part of the Stroke Lab Putters. How do they feel compared to your previous gamer? I love the Winn Jumbo Lite that I have now but I assume it would not work well with Stroke Lab.

It’s a similar feel to a superstroke grip I think. Not squishy but firm. Nothing like the GP grips, slightly similar to some of the Winn grips I’ve used in the past.

I would make the assumption that as long as weight is the same any aftermarket grip of same weight would not alter feel.

I think Daze's comparison to SuperStroke is pretty fair. I've used the Tour SNSR quite a bit and this has more "squish" to it but it's not soft.

I’ve played SS Flatso, RoseMark and IMO the Odyssey Stroke Lab grip is just as good feel wise and I have both the small pistol size and there oversize. On Sean/Joe Toulon recommendation they told me to throw the Fat Cat Solution on my Stroke Lab Double Wide, seeing that I received 2 I cut the Stroke Lab pistol off my custom, and it’s definitely a change little heavier 119FC vs 105SL in the limited putting I’ve done it feels fine I think the main thing here is getting the weight right to keep the balance proper in the putter and sitting at dinner with Sean he said the key number grip weight loss s 105. So if you can get close that would be good. I will probably get a spare Stroke Lab oversized when available cause they do feel great, and I did sink some putts with that grip at #TheGrandaddy. Try what you like I say.
89003d8494e20c189f14714cef429b7b.jpg

This putter just keeps looking better and better.

I would say they are most similar to Winn grips.

I would say they are most similar to Winn grips.

I have a Winn grip on my Scotty. I can't wait until they hit the stores so I can roll them. When I bought the SC I was torn between the O Works #7 and the SC. The Stroke Lab tech may just put it over the top.

Rolled the Stroke Lab One really solid today.
Once again it was absolutely perfect inside 6 ft, making my short game look much more brilliant than it actually is.
e5b9cb4c643506a1874451af054fbca1.jpg

Played today with a threesome, I got a lot of compliments on my putting stroke which was nice, but the most telling thing for me was this:

31 putts. I had a lot of long putts, and it seemed like every one of my 2nd putts was just a tap in.

Only a single 3 putt today, cuz I putted like a jackass on that hole.

The insert is a White Hot Microhinge like on the EXO red and black putters from last year, but the insert is actually a little firmer according to Tony Toulon (I've used both and before I got that confirmation, I honestly thought they were the exact same inserts).

I think smoother feel comes from the balance of the putter being much different than what most of us are used to. The design is meant to enhance your tempo so better tempo = smoother feel.

Played today with a threesome, I got a lot of compliments on my putting stroke which was nice, but the most telling thing for me was this:

31 putts. I had a lot of long putts, and it seemed like every one of my 2nd putts was just a tap in.

Only a single 3 putt today, cuz I putted like a jackass on that hole.

Nicely done, man!

I have a Winn grip on my Scotty. I can't wait until they hit the stores so I can roll them. When I bought the SC I was torn between the O Works #7 and the SC. The Stroke Lab tech may just put it over the top.

The Stroke Lab grip reminds me of the grip that is on my Versa 1 but the smallest Stroke Lab grip we got to choose from (and the one I have) is mid-size.

Got some practice in at home tonight and lord have mercy! This putter is so smooth and everything just fills so fluid! I did switch back to left hand low and it was like I couldnt miss with this putter. I was making putts without left hand low and I really think that is due to this putter improving mu stroke but once I went to left hand low and added that little bit more of stability, it was like !
763b02ceb01422adc538ae68136e041a.jpg

So has anyone putted with these AND with the stability shaft? I know stroke lab is lighter and stability is heavier, but is the goal the same? Can anyone compare?

Back