Odyssey Stroke Lab Putter Thread

Fun comparing these two. The microhinge ⭐ Is definitely a firmer sounding insert, and ALMOST has a milled putter type sound, but comes out soft like an insert. Pretty crazy. Also shows just got soft that microhinge really did sound, while I originally thought it was giving decent sound compared to my o-works insert.

View attachment 8931293
I was thinking something similar about the insert being that much closer to a milled putter, especially Toulon, and I was wondering if it was just me (y)

Played my second round with my SL Three and it was a mixed bag. After a really hot start a few days ago, this time I played on a course that has some really fast greens and I found myself missing a couple short as well as missing a few to the left. I guess a few others have also had the same issue and I'm hoping this is just a matter of getting used to the feel of this putter. I am transitioning from a SS Pistol GT 2.0 grip so there's a little bit of that going on as well.

Some pros on the SL Three:
- great look at address
- very easy to line up the putter face
- probably the best lag putter I've used
- superb finish and build quality

And some cons:
- grip could do without the huge Odyssey script
- seems to pull left a little for me
- also left a few putts short

@shanewu Just wondering if you are still gaming the SL Three?
Do you know why the insert is offset to right (see below) as against being across the entire face?

d85fc2b1024e7e4799da8ea974f9ee2b.jpg

That kind of bugs me too. Most aren't necessarily centered from toe to heel, bit more so than this one. At least yours is centered over the alignment line.

Stroke Lab vs Stability shaft comparison by Matt & Ian at TXG

I think I have this right but can someone clarify for me. If I putt with an arc then the Stroke Lab Ten S is built with that in mind? Whereas the regular Ten would be for more of a straight back and through motion?

If I putt with an arc then the Stroke Lab Ten S is built with that in mind?

Yep. The slant neck adds toe hang which helps when you putt with an arc.

I think I have this right but can someone clarify for me. If I putt with an arc then the Stroke Lab Ten S is built with that in mind? Whereas the regular Ten would be for more of a straight back and through motion?
This is how I understand it also. I accidentally ordered a 7s last season and struggled like crazy and couldn't figure out why. Did a mini putter fitting and realized I had the wrong neck.

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

The Callaway Pre-owned 40% off sale has me tempted to get a like new Marxman for $100 but I really want the new BOP or Ten black.

Picked up a Stroke Lab 7 from Callaway Pre owned. I had a regular 7 already. I recently started using the Stroke Lab version and am amazed how much better it feels. I also seem to be putting better with it. DF00CFB7-126D-41D9-836E-E79D9ED8F597.jpeg5211F7C0-FDCA-401C-A143-044AE9034860.jpeg

I've gone back and forth between my Ping Tyne H and the Double Wide. Going to stick with the DW with a left hand low (change from conventional this year) and see where it takes me. So far, speed has been better and most importantly direction has been better with the Double Wide. Here's hoping for a much better putting year!

Earlier this week I picked up a Stroke Lab Double Wide (Black) with flow neck at my local golf store. Last season I played O-works #1 Wide putter.
Th Stroke Lab feels more balanced and the insert feels little softer, which I like. Because its ust black with a white line for aim, I feel that I
aiming better with this than the O-works #1 Wide.

IMG_1391.JPG
IMG_1389.JPG
IMG_1387.JPG
IMG_1381.JPG

Sad to say this but my putting was the worst part of my game yesterday. Had some good lag putts early on but we all really just played gimmes inside 3 feet since the cup things they used didn’t allow for a ball to really stop in the hole unless it barely made it in. Never got into the groove of making some putts but part of it I think was the greens looked fast and I failed to adjust, leaving almost everything short but on line. I think if I used my EXO, I would have done better since it’s a firmer face but having not really practiced putting in a long time I wasn’t too disappointed.

Back