Odyssey Stroke Lab Putter Thread

So has anyone putted with these AND with the stability shaft? I know stroke lab is lighter and stability is heavier, but is the goal the same? Can anyone compare?
Doesn’t the stability shaft help stabilize the head / face on mishits? If so, Stroke Lab is different in that it is intended to improve the putting stroke, not just correct for mishits. That’s about all I’ve got, maybe the other guys can help out.

I already have about 10 Odyssey putters but I know I’ll be adding at least one of these this spring. Nearly all my putters have 10+ grams of extra head weight and many are also counter balanced so I’m really looking forward to trying out the Stroke Lab tech. I really need to putt with these outdoors before choosing one and that is at least a couple months away around here.

I’ll likely wait for the Exo models to be released on March 29th. I’ve got a birthday late in March so the timing is perfect!

Last edited:
The #7 Stroke Lab is Numero Uno on my ponder list. I keep reading the reviews from the GD participants and the anticipation is killing me.

So does anyone know exactly how many different models of Stroke Lab putters are going to be available this year? I can't seem to find a list.

So does anyone know exactly how many different models of Stroke Lab putters are going to be available this year? I can't seem to find a list.
I don't remember a specific count, but expect to see the Stroke Lab tech in every putter going forward.

Did some more putting with this last night and starting to notice my ball is finishing closer and even past the hole more frequently on longer putts. Stopping short is usually my miss but I think the face is getting the ball to come off quicker.

Did some more putting with this last night and starting to notice my ball is finishing closer and even past the hole more frequently on longer putts. Stopping short is usually my miss but I think the face is getting the ball to come off quicker.
I love the insert! You get the best of microhinge with the feel of the white hot face and it's a winner to me. I haven't out but putting at home on the PuttOut trainer has been much more positive. Even had a few perfect putts from 5-6ft.

This is the best picture I’ve found, not sure if all will be offered initially, but we should see these shapes at some point

ce196798e1cc9811e9630bfec421c7c1.jpg

So did some more at home putting practice tonight on the Puttout and Puttout matt and man oh man! This strokelab technology is absolute gold! I did 5 warmup putts just to get a feel for my putting stroke and then went 20/20 at the 6' range. I will be absolutely honest that the 5-6' range is the range I dread the most on a golf course because I am super uncomfortable in that range but after the past couple nights I'm starting to have more confidence in this range. I feel like this putter controls my swing more and I'm not all over the place. My putting has absolutely been my weakest part of my game, but I have a feeling this season that will be no more. After my 20/20 I did some comparing of balls, the CS, the ERC, and the SuperHot Bold. All feel different off the putter. Just wanted to see if the feel of the ball affected my stroke that much and honestly it didn't, which was really surprising to me. Usually if I change balls it throws me off as far as the feel and even though the feel was different I wasnt missing putts. My stroke still felt consistent.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Sorry if this has already been discussed, I saw a CS head in the initial set and now it doesn't seem to be there, can anyone elaborate?

Sorry if this has already been discussed, I saw a CS head in the initial set and now it doesn't seem to be there, can anyone elaborate?
I don’t remember hearing anything about CS options while we were there.

I don’t remember hearing anything about CS options while we were there.

I saw one on the website. Even had it bookmarked but the page is no longer valid.

I was comparing the in-hand feel of the weight of my old Versa 1 to the Stroke Lab Three a couple days ago, and I could definitely feel a heavier head feel from the Versa despite it being a standard Versa with standard grip and no extra weight in the head (no lead tape, etc). The balance definitely feels different in the Stroke Lab, and it's a good different. This may turn off players who like to feel a heavier head, but I'd suggest being open-minded and giving them a try if the tech and a shape or two intrigues you.

So has anyone putted with these AND with the stability shaft? I know stroke lab is lighter and stability is heavier, but is the goal the same? Can anyone compare?
I haven't tried the stability shaft, but the goal is not the same. The purpose of Stroke Lab was to re-balance the putter and bring swing weight back down to something more reasonable...resulting in enhancing a player's putting tempo, which helps with consistency.

I was comparing the in-hand feel of the weight of my old Versa 1 to the Stroke Lab Three a couple days ago, and I could definitely feel a heavier head feel from the Versa despite it being a standard Versa with standard grip and no extra weight in the head (no lead tape, etc). The balance definitely feels different in the Stroke Lab, and it's a good different. This may turn off players who like to feel a heavier head, but I'd suggest being open-minded and giving them a try if the tech and a shape or two intrigues you.

I haven't tried the stability shaft, but the goal is not the same. The purpose of Stroke Lab was to re-balance the putter and bring swing weight back down to something more reasonable...resulting in enhancing a player's putting tempo, which helps with consistency.
This is a very good description / explanation. Re the bolder part...I have been someone that liked heavier heads. Stroke Lab #7 just felt natural and right, zero adjustment period. It's a weird thing because it's different but the difference is so subtle that the adjustment is seamless.

I copied these direct from one of my order sheets:

STROKE LAB 19

RH VLINE CS OS
RH VLINE CS PSTL

EXO W/STROKE LAB

RH SEVEN CS OS
RH SEVEN CS PSTL

TOULON 19 W/STROKE LAB

NO CS SHOWN

PM me if you have any other inquiries. I'll try to help as best I can.

I copied these direct from one of my order sheets:

STROKE LAB 19

RH VLINE CS OS
RH VLINE CS PSTL

EXO W/STROKE LAB

RH SEVEN CS OS
RH SEVEN CS PSTL

TOULON 19 W/STROKE LAB

NO CS SHOWN

PM me if you have any other inquiries. I'll try to help as best I can.
Thanks, can't wait to try both OS models!

I’m like 99% positive I am buying an Odyssey Stroke Lab when they go on pre-sale. There’s a 1% chance I buy a Toulon instead. I need more Stroke Lab.

i thought the new toulon putters were going to have stroke lab? the 2019 pga show thread has a pic of putters in the callaway booth, and i think i spied some toulons in there that look like they have the stroke lab shaft. different grip, though.

It’s a similar feel to a superstroke grip I think. Not squishy but firm. Nothing like the GP grips, slightly similar to some of the Winn grips I’ve used in the past.

the grip is the biggest point of concern for me. i don't like a big putter grip, and i really don't like a squishy putter grip.

The insert is a White Hot Microhinge like on the EXO red and black putters from last year, but the insert is actually a little firmer according to Tony Toulon (I've used both and before I got that confirmation, I honestly thought they were the exact same inserts).

so the insert is like the exo, but a little firmer? i don't love that. the exo line was a miss in feel for me; i much prefer the o-works microhinge.

so the insert is like the exo, but a little firmer? i don't love that. the exo line was a miss in feel for me; i much prefer the o-works microhinge.

You be crazzzzzzzy lol.

2019 EXO insert is the only insert I've ever used that makes me lean towards gaming an insert putter all year.

You be crazzzzzzzy lol.

2019 EXO insert is the only insert I've ever used that makes me lean towards gaming an insert putter all year.

but i don't really love milled putters, and i think you do. i have come to love the softness of the o-works microhinge.

i thought the new toulon putters were going to have stroke lab? the 2019 pga show thread has a pic of putters in the callaway booth, and i think i spied some toulons in there that look like they have the stroke lab shaft. different grip, though.
Toulon will have Stroke Lab also. Definitely.

I think I noticed the different grip as well. Not sure if it’s just the color that is different or what. Can’t wait to find out.

but i don't really love milled putters, and i think you do. i have come to love the softness of the o-works microhinge.

That's a good point. I think Curtis and I have similar preferences in putter feel and I also like a milled putter and absolutely love the feel of this insert.

Back