Odyssey Stroke Lab Putter Thread

That's a good point. I think Curtis and I have similar preferences in putter feel and I also like a milled putter and absolutely love the feel of this insert.
Make that 3 of us. I had zero problem gaming this insert, and I haven't played an insert in years.

I copied these direct from one of my order sheets:

STROKE LAB 19

RH VLINE CS OS
RH VLINE CS PSTL

EXO W/STROKE LAB

RH SEVEN CS OS
RH SEVEN CS PSTL

TOULON 19 W/STROKE LAB

NO CS SHOWN

PM me if you have any other inquiries. I'll try to help as best I can.

I hope Callaway doesn't ignore the center shaft players. I want the EXO 7 CS... the European site has some pics

cs7.jpg
https://presscentereurope.callawaymedia.com/portfolio-item/odyssey-exo-stroke-lab-putters/

note: link should be http but it changes after I post... so delete the 's' in https after page load failure
odyssey-exo-stroke-lab-putters

Last edited:
but i don't really love milled putters, and i think you do. i have come to love the softness of the o-works microhinge.

I hate milled putters. With a passion. Insert all day every day and 5 times on Sunday.

I love this insert.

I hate milled putters. With a passion. Insert all day every day and 5 times on Sunday.

I love this insert.

did you ever putt with the o-works microhinge? and don't get me wrong, i'm not saying this would deter me from gaming a stroke lab putter. just really curious, is all.

I love this insert.
This info may have been useful to have before the MVP vote :alien:

I love this insert.

I'm just the opposite though not quite as passionately against inserts as you are milled. I've played putter s with inserts, the latest prior to the stroke Lab being the O-Works #7 tank. I went back to an old Ping Karsten B60 that I was gaming at the time we went to Callaway. Now, of any insert putter I have put in play the Stroke Lab is definitely my favorite but I think it is due more to the stroke Lab tech and not the insert. That's why I can't wait to get my Toulon Portland with Stroke Lab tech. I just prefer more feedback when I putt that a milled face gives me.

did you ever putt with the o-works microhinge? and don't get me wrong, i'm not saying this would deter me from gaming a stroke lab putter. just really curious, is all.

I'm at my home office and just picked up my O Works R Line CS and took a few putts against the Stroke Lab. One is a mid mallet and one is a blade so there is also that difference but to me the O Works is softer with kind of a dead, hollow feel IMO. The Stroke Lab insert is indeed a little more firm and provides more feedback. I can totally see why people would like that softer feel of the O Works though but it provided some distance control issues for me.

I also compared the SL to my Rossie White Hot XG and I really like the comparison between these two. To me the SL insert does just what it's intended to, it provides that White Hot feel with the more firm support of the Microhinge. For me it's perfect because I LOVE the feel of the White Hot insert but always desired a better roll which the Microhinge indeed provides.

That's a good point. I think Curtis and I have similar preferences in putter feel and I also like a milled putter and absolutely love the feel of this insert.
Include me in this as well!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Watching the web.com tour, Puertorican Rafa Campos has a putt to win and is gaming a Stroke Lab (not sponsored by Callaway).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Welp guess that does it. Going to have to order one.

Kidding. Sort of.

This is a very good description / explanation. Re the bolder part...I have been someone that liked heavier heads. Stroke Lab #7 just felt natural and right, zero adjustment period. It's a weird thing because it's different but the difference is so subtle that the adjustment is seamless.

“Natural and right” is along the lines that I was thinking too. Really telling that a golfer who looked for heavier heads in the past thinks that.

so the insert is like the exo, but a little firmer? i don't love that. the exo line was a miss in feel for me; i much prefer the o-works microhinge.

Yes white hot microhinge like EXO but a little firmer (which I’m assuming means 1-3 decibels louder maybe?). To me, they seem pretty similar.

Welp guess that does it. Going to have to order one.

Kidding. Sort of.

Only buy one if you want a damn good putter.

Got to check them out in person yesterday, very impressed, the overall weight and feel of both was excellent, need to try them in a CS or a head shape I'm more comfortable with, but they rolled and felt great. For sure like the larger grip.
nOs9P3H.jpg

I was playing with a few randoms yesterday, one of whom was playing older gear (c2000) I told him if he was going to buy one single club this year that one of these would be the club I’d buy. These are legitimately helpful and easier to use for me. I know they won’t be for everyone, but I think between the Odyssey, EXO, and Toulon lines there is an option for almost everyone.

If you’re in the market this year, you really should take a look at these.

Got to check them out in person yesterday, very impressed, the overall weight and feel of both was excellent, need to try them in a CS or a head shape I'm more comfortable with, but they rolled and felt great. For sure like the larger grip.
nOs9P3H.jpg
[/QUOTE

I didn't think they would be in the store until 2/8. I may have to run up to Pro Golf to see if they have them for Demo....

When I get back from my trip this week I am going on a search for these to try, I have given up that Toulon will ever release the Palm Beach and that was about the only one I really wanted to try against the Atlanta.

Are all the grips those huge SS things? From what I read it is a part of the system for counter weighting but I am a pistol grip kind of person, but at this point I will try anything and if it improves my Putting will accept change if needed.

When I get back from my trip this week I am going on a search for these to try, I have given up that Toulon will ever release the Palm Beach and that was about the only one I really wanted to try against the Atlanta.

Are all the grips those huge SS things? From what I read it is a part of the system for counter weighting but I am a pistol grip kind of person, but at this point I will try anything and if it improves my Putting will accept change if needed.

yeah i want to try these badly. but if that grip is the only option because of the overall system, i might be out. slim pistol is the only thing these dainty little hands can do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I don’t find the grips to be that big. I was playing the GP 104 pistol on my last putter, and this doesn’t feel much bigger. I failed to take a comparison photo before trading my old one in, so I can’t show that, but it does feel similar.

I just have never had a SS grip I liked, but if it works it might get a shot.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Here's a couple of comparisons of the smaller Odyssey grip to the 2 Tour SNSR 104 grips. I don't have a SuperStroke around to compare it to unfortunately.

18c0c1388353daf4e726eda5151ddf75.jpg
1799cdbfb1c39aba311d9fd8be634f68.jpg
2ca91b4ae38402dc0a198af96fbfb060.jpg
5e6c25819209ea2242df1e9a17fb8b71.jpg

I just have never had a SS grip I liked, but if it works it might get a shot.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I wouldn’t call these exactly similar to the Super stroke grips. Definitely more pistol grip shaped, and the outer layer feels better to me than the SS grips.

The only real similarity is in the firmness of the grip, these have a little give, but are more firm in hand than the Tour SNSR.

Back