Odyssey Stroke Lab Putter Thread

Oh my, the feel of the Stroke Lab One will ruin you forever. Use it for about 30 minutes making putts from 6, 15, and 30 feet and then went back to my Scotty Cameron Newport 2 and the SC just felt uncontrollable. I may have found a new putter in my bag.
And we have another conversion!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Yep :good:

Love the results, hate not being able to quantify or articulate why.
Odyssey’s rebalancing of the weight has definitely achieved a feel that seems natural (like it should have always been like this) to so many of us.

Oh my, the feel of the Stroke Lab One will ruin you forever. Use it for about 30 minutes making putts from 6, 15, and 30 feet and then went back to my Scotty Cameron Newport 2 and the SC just felt uncontrollable. I may have found a new putter in my bag.
Haha that’s a great way to put it.

Yes,exactly! This is what I felt coming home and playing with the OG two-ball. It just felt awkward to putt with, compared to my SL that just felt better.

This is the same for me, my Newport 2.5 just feels awkward now. My only decision now is which Stroke Lab putter to buy, 7, 7s or Double Wide Flow.

This is the same for me, my Newport 2.5 just feels awkward now. My only decision now is which Stroke Lab putter to buy, 7, 7s or Double Wide Flow.

Double Wide!

Just got a chance to check these out. V line model is now on the ponder list....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Continuing to compare the Stroke Lab One with the Scotty Cameron Newport 2 and the SLO is definitely sinking more putts. Still need to get used to the face insert which does not provide as much feedback as the milled face. Mostly affect distance control.

A little bit of validation for the stroke lab tech. I’m following Rafael Campos for a couple holes. Remember that he won on Web.com a month ago with a tour only stroke lab jailbird mini. He struggled on the greens round 1 and felt he needed a change.

I got to see him today and in person it’s easily noticeable that he’s got a Versa jailbird mini (the previous white and black one) with the old insert but the stroke lab shaft. It’s cool what Odyssey can do even for non-staffers on tour, but makes me think at least in Campos’ mind the stroke lab is making a difference.

28fc5577f81c37c3f101bcbf36dc40db.jpg

I don't need a #1 in 34"....definitely dont need it.......

Rolled a few of these this morning and I was pretty impressed. Made about 8 putts in a row from 10 feet with a DoubleWide flowneck, and then a bunch of good drops with a Three as well. Sweet.

I’m sorry, you seem to be taking crazy pills or you’re having keyboard troubles. You definitely need 34” #1.

Everyone knows that it's way more fulfilling to purchase a want than a need. May as well do it!

@dazeedmonds @KEV killing me here. And my bank account.

@dazeedmonds @KEV killing me here. And my bank account.

Just think of how much it will help your golf game. You’ll win it all back on the course.

(Justification needs no reality, gambling isn’t actually required for this justification).

Just think of how much it will help your golf game. You’ll win it all back on the course.

(Justification needs no reality, gambling isn’t actually required for this justification).

Let's try another approach.

You can't put a price on fun.
Golf is supposed to be fun.
Golf is more fun when you make putts.
This will help make putts which in turn will be more fun.
Therefore, purchasing this putter is priceless and will also be more fun.

Let's try another approach.

You can't put a price on fun.
Golf is supposed to be fun.
Golf is more fun when you make putts.
This will help make putts which in turn will be more fun.
Therefore, purchasing this putter is priceless and will also be more fun.

You’re a smart dude @kev! Making putts is fun!

I’m thinking my tuttle days are numbered. My non SL tuttle was blowing putts past the yesterday and I’m thinking my path and takeaway is off a bit but I was hitting my lines yesterday so I can’t really pin point the issue

I rolled some putts yesterday with the stroke lab double wide... uhmm, yeah. I might have to pick one up.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

A little bit of validation for the stroke lab tech. I’m following Rafael Campos for a couple holes. Remember that he won on Web.com a month ago with a tour only stroke lab jailbird mini. He struggled on the greens round 1 and felt he needed a change.

I got to see him today and in person it’s easily noticeable that he’s got a Versa jailbird mini (the previous white and black one) with the old insert but the stroke lab shaft. It’s cool what Odyssey can do even for non-staffers on tour, but makes me think at least in Campos’ mind the stroke lab is making a difference.

I wonder if he got grief from anyone for breaking up their combo.

No. Genuinely curious.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

The Odyssey tour department built it for him to test along with his previous gamer with the newer stroke lab insert. And he’s a non staffer.

They’re the best tour putter staff for a reason.

The Odyssey tour department built it for him to test along with his previous gamer with the newer stroke lab insert. And he’s a non staffer.

They’re the best tour putter staff for a reason.

I thought you said he used the old insert.

I thought you said he used the old insert.

He has both. Won with the new insert a month ago and switched mid tournament for the previous white black versa head and insert with the stroke lab shaft this week. Not sure if it had to be to adjusting to slower greens here and wanting a different feel to help.

Both putters have the stroke lab shaft

Back