Odyssey Stroke Lab Putter Thread

The 2-Ball Fang worked wonders for me today on some really big, undulating - and recently aerated - greens. Love everything about this putter, and a playing partner who hadn't seen mine before had a go, and immediately joined the "Wow - it feels really nice in the hand" "Why?" ".....Don't know, but it does" club :good:

Rolled on some turf at the range today with the marxman, and although it feels lighter than I’m used to, it is crazy stable. It’s truly incredible how quickly the ball starts rolling off of the micro hinges, and I found I was super consistent on face strikes thanks to the stability. Looking forward to getting it on real grass soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Today was my first round since coming back from The Grandaddy and while the greens were pretty crappy winter shape to me the SL One was still the star of the show. I continue to be so impressed with how balanced the putter feels. The putter seems to work perfectly as a system which makes it easy to swing. The White Hot Microhinge in my eyes is the best feeling insert released and puts a heck of a roll on the ball.

This is such a small sample size but I'm super excited to have this in the bag. I thought I'd be really anxious to get my Toulon in hand but I'm in no hurry thanks to this guy.

Quick question on grip weight. Anyone know if you order from Callaway and choose a super stroke version of grip do they adjust the weight in the shaft to make sure it's correct for the tech? The oversize stroke lab grip didn't bother me but if I can order with a SS I would be more comfortable with that grip for sure.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Quick question on grip weight. Anyone know if you order from Callaway and choose a super stroke version of grip do they adjust the weight in the shaft to make sure it's correct for the tech? The oversize stroke lab grip didn't bother me but if I can order with a SS I would be more comfortable with that grip for sure.

They will adjust the weight to fit the tech if you order a SS grip

I called and verified

They will adjust the weight to fit the tech if you order a SS grip

I called and verified
Sweet. Thanks for the quick reply.

StrokeLab 7S was the star of the show today during my round and saved me a lot of strokes that my irons and wedges were costing (user arrow for sure!).

My brother in law saw my new putter and quickly asked about the shaft, I explained the concept behind the graphite being incorporated and how they redistributed the weight His response was "oh, so basically just another marketing gimmic?", with a smirk on his face I just laughed and carried on with practicing. On the 2nd hole, I buried a 10 footer for par, then on the 3rd I hit a 15 footer for par, and he quickly took back his comment! :micdrop:

Outside of making those 2 putts, my lag putting was excellent today, with I think only one 3putt today. Distance control was great and most putts were going by the hole with 2-3 feet left on the way back, and a lot of gimmies. I couldn't get the 3-5 footers to fall a lot today for some reason which was annoying but everything was missing to the right so I think I was just rushing or not closing the face. On the longer putts I made a point to focus on moving my body further away from the ball as I was given that tip from Joe Toulon at ECPC in December and started burying putts on their very fast putting green. Pretty sure I didn't put that focus on the shorter putts and tried to just rush it and move on to the next hole. That's on me and I need to work on that part of my game more next time.

To punish myself, I am working only on 5 footers or less this week downstairs with a long session tomorrow! I owe that much to myself. But overall I was very pleased with my putting and never left a putt really short or really long. The club felt very balanced and not once did I make a stroke and felt it was awful as soon as the ball started rolling, and that usually happens once or twice a round. The technology is no joke!

I ordered mine an inch short at 34” and with a super stroke grip that is 53g and the total weight is 550g. Just above their target weight. Putter feels great.

729c9717fa72b95355241be602748692.jpg

in the Toulon thread someone mentioned there have been posts regarding changing grips regarding the stroke lab and weight in the butt end of the grip. I dont have time to look through 59 pages but im curious to change my grip on the Toulon Portland stroke lab.... Personally I find the grip to be very slick and not the best

Is it possible to change the grip and not mess up the weight and counter balance behind the whole design of the stroke lab??

I ordered mine an inch short at 34” and with a super stroke grip that is 53g and the total weight is 550g. Just above their target weight. Putter feels great.

729c9717fa72b95355241be602748692.jpg

What do the 65-40 and 75-30 numbers on the right of that slide? Different grip weights and the associated counterweights used with then to get to the prescribed 105g of butt weight?

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

in the Toulon thread someone mentioned there have been posts regarding changing grips regarding the stroke lab and weight in the butt end of the grip. I dont have time to look through 59 pages but im curious to change my grip on the Toulon Portland stroke lab.... Personally I find the grip to be very slick and not the best

Is it possible to change the grip and not mess up the weight and counter balance behind the whole design of the stroke lab??

You can change the grip but in order to benefit from the intended effect of Stroke Lab would need to get the total grip weight right around the same as the stock weight.

What do the 65-40 and 75-30 numbers on the right of that slide? Different grip weights and the associated counterweights used with then to get to the prescribed 105g of butt weight?

Correct

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You can change the grip but in order to benefit from the intended effect of Stroke Lab would need to get the total grip weight right around the same as the stock weight.
Unless you change the counter/butt/supplemental weight at the same time to get the 105g target weight.

Unless you change the counter/butt/supplemental weight at the same time to get the 105g target weight.

Personally I dont like the stock grip and want to change it now, but what about when it wears over time? Im trying to understand how to do it but sounds like it might be a problem in the future to change the grip unless you really know what you're doing

While in the past I have always upgraded/changed putter grips, I'm gonna give my SL 7s original grip all the chances I can as really don't want to mess with this set up whatsoever.

Personally I dont like the stock grip and want to change it now, but what about when it wears over time? Im trying to understand how to do it but sounds like it might be a problem in the future to change the grip unless you really know what you're doing
Nah, it shouldn't be that big if a deal. Have you ever regripped anything before?

Nah, it shouldn't be that big if a deal. Have you ever regripped anything before?

yea all the time. Im confused as in I dont know if the stock toulon grip itself has extra weight built in to the rubber or if there's an added weight towards the butt end. I use the Arccos sensors and it will not screw into the end of the grip.

yea all the time. Im confused as in I dont know if the stock toulon grip itself has extra weight built in to the rubber or if there's an added weight towards the butt end. I use the Arccos sensors and it will not screw into the end of the grip.
There is an extra weight in the butt of the club that is NOT part of the grip itself.

There are other methods to secure the Arccos sensor. I'll link one later if no one else does.

I've posted my struggles with short putts with my stroke lab seven. I've had this putter for about a month and a half now. A couple of weeks ago, after a disappointing putting weekend in San Diego, I decided to change up my grip. I went to a pencil putting grip. Last week the results were so so, but this weekend WOW! The putter and my stroke were just in line. I'm guessing that I was around 80% from inside 10 ft and still was able to make a couple of long putts as well. My playing partners all commented on the difference. I'm still not sure if it was just mental (confidence) or really due to the grip, but I will continue with it. Confidence in the Stroke Lab is HIGH.

There is an extra weight in the butt of the club that is NOT part of the grip itself.

There are other methods to secure the Arccos sensor. I'll link one later if no one else does.

When you get time to post it id really appreciate it. .Thanks for your help so far!

Last edited:
What was that? Looks like it was removed by user.

Don't know what happened to the original link, got it updated from the odyssey youtube account!

Yesterday I ordered the Stroke Lab V-Line Center Shaft only to find out a couple of hours after the order that Callaway finally put the Stroke Lab EXO 7 Center Shaft for pre order. I contacted customer service to see if order could be stopped/changed but it had already gone to shipping (but I can return the putter no issue)

My questions - Has anyone tested EXO Stroke Lab putter vs an original Stroke Lab putter? Did you think the EXO benefit (MOI, mutlimaterial...) is worth the extra $100?

Thank you in advance for the input.

Back