Odyssey Stroke Lab Putter Thread

Bakker? I NEED a putter after selling my Versa to my dad yesterday and the SL is in the running.

I'm actually down in my hometown in Scotland,SD. Definitely give the SL a try, I'm a big believer. It was cool listening to my brother rave about it because he's not great about changing. Somehow he didn't get my putter hoing gene.

I have joined the fray with my DoubleWide. First day out was two days ago. The balance and weighting is undeniable. It requires very little effort on my greens

3f0adff44410ddd4d7ef63d4650c3a04.jpg
4b6be2db7f2c62ae8af1bb85db18570a.jpg
92236acd25a4132394cabf3f0e19b0dd.jpg
c8d4e37c7c0d7f9bce161638ef9a703a.jpg
9354be15579c2e5767053125e76bb4a3.jpg

I'm actually down in my hometown in Scotland,SD. Definitely give the SL a try, I'm a big believer. It was cool listening to my brother rave about it because he's not great about changing. Somehow he didn't get my putter hoing gene.

I've tried the V-line, #7, #3, Doublewide, and Marxman at Austad's. I liked the roll on lag putts but seemed to struggle close in. The putter felt lighter and I had to really focus on a slow take away.

I've tried the V-line, #7, #3, Doublewide, and Marxman at Austad's. I liked the roll on lag putts but seemed to struggle close in. The putter felt lighter and I had to really focus on a slow take away.

I have a tuttle in and also found it to be quite light. Different from what I have been playing but it actually was better for me as when I took a slower backswing I had a much better tempo on putts and started rolling it really well. Close in I feel like I can't miss, the 3 lines and the shape of the tuttle are just great for me, and even thought it is just on the practice green the distance control has been excellent.

Love the white hot insert, sound is very nice to my ears.

The weight feel could be a reason that I enjoy this putter so much. Last year I played a lighter weight putter and seemed to be more successful then with heavier. Whatever it is I'm glad it's working so far.

I have joined the fray with my DoubleWide. First day out was two days ago. The balance and weighting is undeniable. It requires very little effort on my greens

3f0adff44410ddd4d7ef63d4650c3a04.jpg

That looks so good. My stupid brain still wishes that I could game a blade putter. Which model is face-balanced, yours or the flow model?

That looks so good. My stupid brain still wishes that I could game a blade putter. Which model is face-balanced, yours or the flow model?

To be fair, the double wide is fairly big. More of a mid mallet than blade

To be fair, the double wide is fairly big. More of a mid mallet than blade
It does look big. Does it fit into a blade cover? I need to go to a store and try it out regardless.

Coming from a Versa 1W, the Double wide seems like the ideal choice. I do like the #7 though...

Coming from a Versa 1W, the Double wide seems like the ideal choice. I do like the #7 though...
I had a 1W in the past and was relating that size to the Double Wide. I do like the Seven/Rossie/2ball a lot.

I had a 1W in the past and was relating that size to the Double Wide. I do like the Seven/Rossie/2ball a lot.

The 1W is the closest I've owned to a mallet and like the look of similar putters. I borrowed a co-workers Evnroll ER3 for tomorrow's round!

The double bend shaft would be face balanced.

It does look big. Does it fit into a blade cover? I need to go to a store and try it out regardless.

You should definitely give the Double Wide a try. It still gives you added forgiveness but the great look of a blade.

The double bend shaft would be face balanced.

You should definitely give the Double Wide a try. It still gives you added forgiveness but the great look of a blade.

It's sitting in my cart, but I need to review the EXO and my old 2-ball works insanely well.

It's sitting in my cart, but I need to review the EXO and my old 2-ball works insanely well.

Might i suggest a 2 ball with a stroke lab shaft?

Might i suggest a 2 ball with a stroke lab shaft?

My current 2-ball is pretty awesome. I only want to try a blade to convince myself that it's not for me.

Odyssey Stroke Lab Putter Thread

My current 2-ball is pretty awesome. I only want to try a blade to convince myself that it's not for me.

But Stroke Lab!

But Stroke Lab!

My old 2ball is point-and-shoot so I'll put it in the bag for tomorrow and Monday.

Also, your bourbon drinking habits are shameful so how can I trust your judgement? (that's for another thread) :call-me:

My old 2ball is point-and-shoot so I'll put it in the bag for tomorrow and Monday.

Also, your bourbon drinking habits are shameful so how can I trust your judgement? (that's for another thread) :call-me:

You’ve seen me putt. Stroke lab makes me look like I know what I’m doing.

You’ve seen me putt. Stroke lab makes me look like I know what I’m doing.

I don't watch you play golf..you're backwards. :beat-up:

I love the idea and if it fixes you, more power to Odyssey! It just won't be a significant advantage over my currently old 2-ball putter and I'm going to have a heavier grip put on my EXO Rossie this year.

I had a very solid day with my SL Marxman. I didn’t have many birdie chances under 25 feet but I made one birdie putt from 8 feet and made three par putts from 5-7 feet that were breaking putts. I had at least 10 par putts that were inside 18 inches which is where the Stroke Lab is really showing it’s worth - lag putting.

I had a very solid day with my SL Marxman. I didn’t have many birdie chances under 25 feet but I made one birdie putt from 8 feet and made three par putts from 5-7 feet that were breaking putts. I had at least 10 par putts that were inside 18 inches which is where the Stroke Lab is really showing it’s worth - lag putting.

That mid-range putt is the one that's been really great for me early season, but lag putting has also been fantastic. I feel like I've both had a lot more putts I don't really need to think about and just tap in, but I've also been more confident over those 3-5 footers after chips

That mid-range putt is the one that's been really great for me early season, but lag putting has also been fantastic. I feel like I've both had a lot more putts I don't really need to think about and just tap in, but I've also been more confident over those 3-5 footers after chips

I only have 5 rounds in with the Stroke Lab but I’m hitting my lines better than I have in 30 years. I read a couple 6-8 foot birdie putts wrong today but I’m so happy that I’m hitting the putts where I’m aiming them at perfect speed. This putter may knock a stroke or two off my index!

SL 2-Ball helped me out immensely yesterday, the greens were waaaay faster than anything else we've played on since last summer, so a major adjustment. 0 3putts, and the longest 2nd putt I had was 6feet, everything else was <3feet.

Impressive for such an average putter as myself.

I played with a buddy's Evnrolln ER3 today and had the worst putting round that I can remember. I left everything short! I know most of that was me but it seemed like I had to kill everything to get it to the hole. I think it's time for a putter fitting and the SL is on the list.

Back