Odyssey Stroke Lab Putter Thread

How many actually get good putter fittings though? I had my 1st recently and it was a joke. 20 minutes of a guy standing watching me putt to see how the ball rolls and my stroke. I had 5 kids running around on the putting green including 1 who took my ball mid stroke.

There was no data other than him saying I need some to hang and he likes me in a 33" putter. No mention of weight, lie, loft, grip. I brought up lie and he said yea maybe 1-2* flat.

I agree that it can be tough but for one of the most important clubs in the bag it’s worth it to find a place you’re comfortable with and trust. Living in SoCal I know I’m lucky to have lots of places whereas most places in the middle of US don’t have locations readily available.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I agree that it can be tough but for one of the most important clubs in the bag it’s worth it to find a place you’re comfortable with and trust. Living in SoCal I know I’m lucky to have lots of places whereas most places in the middle of US don’t have locations readily available.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yea we don't really have much in Sioux Falls....I miss California.

Does anyone have a recommendation for a good putter fitting in the West Palm Beach area? Thanks

Does anyone have a recommendation for a good putter fitting in the West Palm Beach area? Thanks
There's a Club Champion in Delray Beach. I'd think they'd be able to handle a putter fitting.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

personal opinion is to find a place with SAMM machine if possible. One of the best lessons i've ever received was using one of those machines.

I spent another hour putting at Austad's and the SL had the best distance control. Maybe they just take some getting used to? I tried a ton of putters again and narrowed the list slightly lol. I shouldn't have rolled the SL Toulan Vegas again...

I spent another hour putting at Austad's and the SL had the best distance control. Maybe they just take some getting used to? I tried a ton of putters again and narrowed the list slightly lol. I shouldn't have rolled the SL Toulan Vegas again...
Definitely takes some getting used to. I've got 27 holes tomorrow and 18 on Sunday to help me adjust.

Did they have Toulon putters there? I haven't seen them at the store yet.

I spent some time on the practice green at lunch today and am positive I've never had better distance control than I do with this. I can't help but think back to how skeptical I was about gaming an insert putter but I was wrong.

I do think that once my Toulon comes in I may try to find a new grip for my Stroke Lab. With my recent grip change with my hands I think a larger grip would work a little better.

I spent some time on the practice green at lunch today and am positive I've never had better distance control than I do with this. I can't help but think back to how skeptical I was about gaming an insert putter but I was wrong.

I do think that once my Toulon comes in I may try to find a new grip for my Stroke Lab. With my recent grip change with my hands I think a larger grip would work a little better.
I saw the SL Toulons here at the Golf Galaxy in OKC.

Yes they have a couple Las Vegas H7 and a couple Toulon blades. I just can't make up my mind on a putter but I'm leaning more and more towards a SL.

I’m sure this has happened, so could anyone with experience with removing the stock stroke lab grip and replacing it with a different grip?

I’m very curious what it does to the weighting and the overall concept. I enjoy the current set up but would really love to be using a different grip. I’m afraid to lose that nice balance.

I’m sure this has happened, so could anyone with experience with removing the stock stroke lab grip and replacing it with a different grip?

I’m very curious what it does to the weighting and the overall concept. I enjoy the current set up but would really love to be using a different grip. I’m afraid to lose that nice balance.

From my understanding, the total weight of the plug and grip are 105 grams. My plan is to replace the stock grip with something in the 65-75 gram range to keep the same balance.

From my understanding, the total weight of the plug and grip are 105 grams. My plan is to replace the stock grip with something in the 65-75 gram range to keep the same balance.

Thanks! I misremembered the location of the weight (I thought it was in the grip). I’ll make the change today.

This was my post earlier to Pete

“if you replace the grip and the new grip is around 75gms it should maintain the balance point as designed. If you manage to remove the weight seated at the end of the shaft, then you’ll want a grip around the 105 gm weight to not mess with the design.”

This was my post earlier to Pete

“if you replace the grip and the new grip is around 75gms it should maintain the balance point as designed. If you manage to remove the weight seated at the end of the shaft, then you’ll want a grip around the 105 gm weight to not mess with the design.”

Thanks! I’m not sure why this was my first thought when I got out of bed today but it was. I’m sure I need a mental health check at this point.

Thanks! I’m not sure why this was my first thought when I got out of bed today but it was. I’m sure I need a mental health check at this point.

Hey I’ve been there myself. I ordered my Stroke Lab Marxman with a Pistol GT Tour grip so I’m excited to get that set up in hand

Thinking there’s a chance the triple track Tuttle could see bag time tomorrow. Putting on course practice green has been pretty interesting with it.

I posted on this a bunch earlier, but the plug is in the shaft. I ended up putting a lighter grip on it, and immediately started rolling it better. So I'm playing it head heavier than you're "supposed" to. And it's the best putter I've ever rolled. I think the grip is about 15g lighter than the one it replaced and it made it feel perfect for me. But I like feeling the head very heavy in my putting.

Hit some more putters at Austads today and couldn't putt well with anything. Probably just tired and frustrated at the kids running around on the green and stealing my ball lol. Anyway, the guy who did my putter fitting was there. I asked him to watch me hit some putts with a 1/2" over the 33" he suggested. He liked the 33.5" and it felt more natural for me. I ordered a Seven S!

Any idea what these swing weight at? A guy on Golfwrx said his came to C3!

Man, I’m having the hardest time finding a way to describe the feel here with the SL setup.

It’s just not a radically different feel, which I guess is what I expected to experience. Instead its the performance that is standing out, and standing out in a big way. I know the balance of the DW is a real thing here as I’ve been playing a standard blade otherwise, but there is something more to the consistency through the putting stroke.

I’d love to try one at 35” though because I think that’d be a big deal for me. But, even then, the insert is just the right firm, and the roll is true.

I’ll add, I think this is the first Odyssey in a minute, other than Exo, that I’ve seen in hand where the finish quality is impressive. It’s a damn good looking and performing putter.

I’ll have more here tomorrow, another round with it in the bag on some gnarly fast and tiered greens, and if you have questions, please ask away.

I’m going to think on this SL ‘feel’ some more and try to find the words.

I'm loving my SL, too. I finished my 2md round with mine today and had 29 putts with two 3 putts from "downtown".

It’s just not a radically different feel...

Careful throwing out quotes like that. When I suggested similar, I was lambasted.

Can't wait to hear more from you on this... and I can't wait to get more rounds in with mine.

Man, I’m having the hardest time finding a way to describe the feel here with the SL setup.

It’s just not a radically different feel, which I guess is what I expected to experience. Instead its the performance that is standing out, and standing out in a big way. I know the balance of the DW is a real thing here as I’ve been playing a standard blade otherwise, but there is something more to the consistency through the putting stroke.

I’d love to try one at 35” though because I think that’d be a big deal for me. But, even then, the insert is just the right firm, and the roll is true.

I’ll add, I think this is the first Odyssey in a minute, other than Exo, that I’ve seen in hand where the finish quality is impressive. It’s a damn good looking and performing putter.

I’ll have more here tomorrow, another round with it in the bag on some gnarly fast and tiered greens, and if you have questions, please ask away.

I’m going to think on this SL ‘feel’ some more and try to find the words.

I'm also struggling to truly describe what exactly feels different with Stroke Lab. I think I might go back to an old non-SL gamer for a round to see if that helps me in this regard.

Ok now I'm back to feeling like I made a good decision. The more I tried them the more they just felt natural and lag putts were close. Also, I prefer a firmer feel off the face and these are great for an insert.

I'm loving my SL, too. I finished my 2md round with mine today and had 29 putts with two 3 putts from "downtown".

Careful throwing out quotes like that. When I suggested similar, I was lambasted.

Can't wait to hear more from you on this... and I can't wait to get more rounds in with mine.

I don’t think it was the thought, so much as the way the thought was approached, fwiw. But past is past, ya know? I love a good conversation.

It’s been a battle for me to describe, and I don’t at all mean that as a negative, it’s addicting, and it clearly seems to me that it works.

But it’s just not what I was expecting.

Back