Odyssey Stroke Lab Putter Thread

Took a while, but just read through. Like everything about the package and the thought behind it. Great pics and recaps guys. Unfortunately, can't justify the purchase without a fitting though. There are so many options, and I really wouldn't want to get this one wrong.

One thing that I thought was really interesting was when we were trying some of the other putters in there, some of which didn't have the Stroke Lab Setup, the non-stroke lab putters just felt "off". Talking with Pete a bit on the bus, he said he felt the same way. Neither of us could put our fingers on what exactly it was, just that the putter didn't feel as good. I'm really excited Odyssey is going all in with the Stroke Lab setup as I think those that try it are going to really enjoy it.

Dead on. Playing around with my new putter and my old I can feel a definite difference. The old version is harder to manage it feels like. Similar head shapes and identical lengths.

Took a while, but just read through. Like everything about the package and the thought behind it. Great pics and recaps guys. Unfortunately, can't justify the purchase without a fitting though. There are so many options, and I really wouldn't want to get this one wrong.

I will say, if there is a shape you’ve gravitated to the past in the Odyssey kind, I wouldn’t hesitate to order the same shape in your usual specs. For me, at least, it was very smooth moving to the similar setup with the stroke lab weighting.

I will say, if there is a shape you’ve gravitated to the past in the Odyssey kind, I wouldn’t hesitate to order the same shape in your usual specs. For me, at least, it was very smooth moving to the similar setup with the stroke lab weighting.

This is solid advice. If you’ve got a head shape you like, go for it.

Cant believe no one went w/ the Tuttle!!??

I think I saw Clayton with one on his video with Kev in the 2018 Grandaddy thread.

Clayton has the Tuttle.

For the record, my love of the Tuttle was pooh-poohed before the event, until everyone saw it and hopped on board. I'm a Tuttle hipster, I guess? Unfortunately it wasn't the best fit for my stroke.

I love my 2018 EXO and can’t imagine replacing it this year, but I can’t wait until these hit the stores to go play around with them. In have not been a big fan of the counter weighted putter grips, but with these removing weight out of the middle, I’ll be interested in seeing how they feel. They did a great job with the available shapes.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I made sure to take a look at the Pros during the tournament today, and I don’t think I saw a single one using one of these shafts. Hmm. I’ll keep looking for them as the season continues. Seems like there’d be Tour adoption....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I made sure to take a look at the Pros during the tournament today, and I don’t think I saw a single one using one of these shafts. Hmm. I’ll keep looking for them as the season continues. Seems like there’d be Tour adoption....

There has been some, I believe Phil is using a stroke lab.

A few pictures from the Odyssey website

StrokeLab shapes

9631a94c11915cca09559c5052afd25a.jpg

EXO with StrokeLab

1db1997267b2747595df4f63dd3a69c5.jpg

That Marxman looks intriguing and not a shape I would normally gravitate towards.

Last edited:
Clayton has the Tuttle.

For the record, my love of the Tuttle was pooh-poohed before the event, until everyone saw it and hopped on board. I'm a Tuttle hipster, I guess? Unfortunately it wasn't the best fit for my stroke.
Tuttle was the first shape i grabbed during my fitting but ended up making everything (not really) with the marxman.

There has been some, I believe Phil is using a stroke lab.

Danny Willet won with a Tuttle Stroke Lab a couple weeks ago and Michele Wei used it late last year as well.

I think I might need to get one of each to test. This thread has my head spinning with everything but I’m looking forward to getting one in hand. #7 shape or the Indy shape.

Adding a video showing the side view of the ERC Soft ball as it begins it’s roll. Very hard to get in slow mo but I think it starts after 2-3 ball widths.

https://youtu.be/Vq0EY0AiX5A

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That double wide though!! Interest piqued!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I hate to admit this but I loved the Tuttle! It was so simple and really easy to line up. I would put one in the bag no problem.

I went with the One because I had such a high score on the testing that it was a no brainer but man I'd love to have a Tuttle and Double Wide.

Odyssey Stroke Lab Putter Thread

There were 23 in play with little testing across the pond a couple of weeks ago. About half of those being not under contract.

There were 23 in play with little testing across the pond a couple of weeks ago. About half of those being not under contract.

That last sentence is pretty cool, and I don’t find that surprising at all.

A few pictures from the Odyssey website

StrokeLab shapes

9631a94c11915cca09559c5052afd25a.jpg

EXO with StrokeLab

1db1997267b2747595df4f63dd3a69c5.jpg

That Marxman looks intriguing and not a shape I would normally gravitate towards.

Give me the marxmen with a bit of toe hang and I could game that

Any Grandaddy guys get an EXO with the stroke lab shaft?

Give me the marxmen with a bit of toe hang and I could game that

Any Grandaddy guys get an EXO with the stroke lab shaft?

I did, but I won’t have it for a while yet. I went EXO instead of Toulon for my 2nd putter.

I did, but I won’t have it for a while yet. I went EXO instead of Toulon for my 2nd putter.

Looking forward to your thoughts, might have to reshaft my Exo (or just get another exo with Stroke lab lol)

This shows what the StrokeLab is about in terms of weight movement

653452136eb2ff45d6abcbdd77e81568.jpg

Back