Odyssey Stroke Lab Putter Thread

dacatalyst41;n8905342 said:
SL Ten has my attention. Tuttle going back in the bag for fun this week.
At first glance I was like mmmmm...no, but after looking at more pictures this really has my interest! Although Marxman SL S is on my Christmas list this year! Lol. I will say, the DoubleWide continues to not let me down. It is the one club I can pull and know it won't let me down, which is absolutely crazy to me because I have struggled with putting for a long long time!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Had a Nine and Three come in earlier this week.

The Three is in fantastic shape, the Nine was a bit beat up.

I've made more mid range putts in the last three days, than I have all year with either of them. The putters shine. Still missing a couple of short range, but that is more me being lazy.

Working through distance control still on long distance putts. I think the best thing about these putters is that they truly take the dreaded 3 putt out of play.

I'm going to keep the three and return the nine. Odyssey did a fantastic job with these putters.

shanewu;n8905099 said:
Couldn't we get a Sabertooth and/or a Jailbird instead of a Spider copycat and a Bird of Prey thingy?!?! :banghead:

Louder for the people in the back haha. Stroke lab jailbird mini please

cbaker2882;n8905653 said:
Louder for the people in the back haha. Stroke lab jailbird mini please

Haha, at least the Jailbird Mini is available to tour players, which means you can find them on eBay but it still should be in retail IMO.

Picked up a stroke lab one over the weekend. Not really sure why. There was a three next to it but I grabbed the one instead.

Will have to get it out on the course. Definitely has a much different feel than the SWAG putter I've been using lately.

The shaft is unique. Feels like it flexes less than the steel shaft. The grip feels off. Like its slick and not grippy.

I also wish the shaft was all black instead of the two tone.

shanewu;n8906101 said:
Haha, at least the Jailbird Mini is available to tour players, which means you can find them on eBay but it still should be in retail IMO.
On eBay...for a kidney. Important details here.

dacatalyst41;n8906196 said:
On eBay...for a kidney. Important details here.

you don't need BOTH kidneys. that's just science.

McLovin;n8906198 said:
you don't need BOTH kidneys. that's just science.
What if you need a slant neck and a double bend?

The Ten... eh, not for me. The Bird of Prey I actually kind of like. Not more than the 7 mini/jailbird or the marxman, but it is an interesting design.

Ok...finally had a chance to put my new SL 7s in play. Have to say, love the looks of it at address and through impact - just a great looking putter. And I putt relatively well with it today but I just find myself fighting it and lacking a lot of confidence on the take away. I think the main issue I have is that it feels really light. I have the bigger oversize grip and either the putter just feels overly-balanced but on takeaway, I'm easily overactive and the perceived lightness in the head results in shakiness. I didn't have that sensation with the smaller grip when I had it and it's definitely not there on my regular gamer. Anyone else with the larger grip notice this?

Ok...finally had a chance to put my new SL 7s in play. Have to say, love the looks of it at address and through impact - just a great looking putter. And I putt relatively well with it today but I just find myself fighting it and lacking a lot of confidence on the take away. I think the main issue I have is that it feels really light. I have the bigger oversize grip and either the putter just feels overly-balanced but on takeaway, I'm easily overactive and the perceived lightness in the head results in shakiness. I didn't have that sensation with the smaller grip when I had it and it's definitely not there on my regular gamer. Anyone else with the larger grip notice this?
When I tried your putter today I noticed the same thing. It's crazy because I've been saying from the beginning that my Stroke Lab ONE feels heavy to me, but your SL 7s felt light in hand and especially through impact. Really weird stuff...but it must be the grip difference.

I think i'm there with you. I bought a flow DW just for the hell of it and am not in love with it...it's probably going back since I haven't taken the plastic off yet.
I'm so in love with this putter! 15 putts in 9 holes today. I am picking up a Marksman S this Christmas though to give her a go. Rolled it last time I was in Edwin Watts and really liked the feel and was draining putts with it.

A guy in my group didn't bring his putter to the green on #8 today so I gave him my Double Wide and he loved the feel. He was using some version of the Spider today, but I could totally see this working for him. I should have tried to sell it to him after the round, except that I love it too. :cool:

I can't make a short putt to save my life...

I have been putting well with several Odyssey/Toulon putters recently and I've come to the conclusion that Stroke Lab tech fixed my putting stroke. Once I started draining putts with the Tuttle and then the Double Wide, other putters became much more consistent and frustrating to my playing partners. Even on a terrible round this past week, the putter shined. Three putts are becoming a rarity and lag putting is dramatically improved. Thanks SL!

What's your miss been? That sounds exactly like a comment I would have made last year.

Stroke gets quick and I kill it left or right but usually left. It's only been with the SL...

Stroke gets quick and I kill it left or right but usually left. It's only been with the SL...

Oh wow, that would definitely be frustrating especially if it only happens with that model. It's funny that I saw such an opposite result but goes to show how different everyone's stroke is.

Oh wow, that would definitely be frustrating especially if it only happens with that model. It's funny that I saw such an opposite result but goes to show how different everyone's stroke is.

I had the same issue when I was fit but lag putted so well that I bought it. I don't know if it's a SL thing or a mallet thing. I seem to do it with mallets when trying them at Austad's

I have a fairly SBST stroke and I've just been shoving ~4-6 foot putts to the right with the DW. I need to work on something there.

I had the same issue when I was fit but lag putted so well that I bought it. I don't know if it's a SL thing or a mallet thing. I seem to do it with mallets when trying them at Austad's
I have a fairly SBST stroke and I've just been shoving ~4-6 foot putts to the right with the DW. I need to work on something there.
The first question I'd ask is what neck you're in and why? Were you fitted into it? A fitting changed my perspective on how significant those subtle changes are and there is a setup that makes putting easier for a specific stroke and setup style.

That was my specialty last year.

The first question is ask is what neck you're in and why? Were you fitted into it? A fitting changed my perspective on how significant those subtle changes are and there is a setup that makes putting easier for a specific stroke and setup style.

Seven S because I have a little arc in my stroke.

The first question I'd ask is what neck you're in and why? Were you fitted into it? A fitting changed my perspective on how significant those subtle changes are and there is a setup that makes putting easier for a specific stroke and setup style.

Finding the proper neck is like...magic. Knowing which putter works best for your stroke is a (and I can not stress this enough) HUGE deal!

I have been putting well with several Odyssey/Toulon putters recently and I've come to the conclusion that Stroke Lab tech fixed my putting stroke. Once I started draining putts with the Tuttle and then the Double Wide, other putters became much more consistent and frustrating to my playing partners. Even on a terrible round this past week, the putter shined. Three putts are becoming a rarity and lag putting is dramatically improved. Thanks SL!
I haven't thought about it a lot but now that I am reading your post and thinking about it, 3 putts have become less and less for me as well!

Back