Odyssey Stroke Lab Putter Thread

sorry if i missed it, but what is the release date on these? i didn't see them on callaway's site.

sorry if i missed it, but what is the release date on these? i didn't see them on callaway's site.

I see a pre-order of 1/25 but I'm not exactly sure when the release date is. I'll dig around a bit.

I see a pre-order of 1/25 but I'm not exactly sure when the release date is. I'll dig around a bit.

can you link to that? i am lazy.

In Stores: 2/8

thanks bud! looks like tuttle flow or 7s for me.

That Tuttle is such a cool head shape. I'm surprised I like it but could easily game one.

hudson swafford gaming one of these at the 2019 sony open?

Showed my dad my entire bag along with the ERC soft balls.

Outside of the ERC ball, the putter was the club he was most excited to hear about. Had him try the 7s first then compare to another mallet I have and afterwards I explained the concept of the weight shift to the head and grip. He was quite intrigued!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’ve always been an odyssey putter fan since the Rossi. They have had some odd years with inserts, IMO. But always seem to bounce back with something new and better. Well they hit it out of the park this year.
StrokeLab tech and the re-balancing of the putter was a great move. From the micro henge to the new shaft, the design works. From blade to mallet, odyssey is solid. I enjoyed every model, even designs that have never suited me. After a couple rolls I felt I couldn’t miss. If I had the line, the putt had a chance of going down.

If I was a smart man the only thing I would spend money on is a professional putter fitting and buy what they recommend.

I leave more strokes on the green than anywhere else, there is a off chance I may do this if the fitting on Monday (for woods and irons) does not show marked improvement from what I have equipment wise...doubtful but possible.

If I was a smart man the only thing I would spend money on is a professional putter fitting and buy what they recommend.

I leave more strokes on the green than anywhere else, there is a off chance I may do this if the fitting on Monday (for woods and irons) does not show marked improvement from what I have equipment wise...doubtful but possible.

It's been one of the things I'm most glad I've done. I've done three, including one at the Grandaddy. They all had me in the same head shape and toe hang. Luke and Sean had me in a slightly longer putter rather than bending a bit upright as my previous fitting has, and the current setup has easily been the most comfortable for me.

I could not be happier with this putter. My thoughts are pretty much the same as Tadashi - I feel like I have a chance to make anything.

I’ve always been an odyssey putter fan since the Rossi. They have had some odd years with inserts, IMO. But always seem to bounce back with something new and better. Well they hit it out of the park this year.
StrokeLab tech and the re-balancing of the putter was a great move. From the micro henge to the new shaft, the design works. From blade to mallet, odyssey is solid. I enjoyed every model, even designs that have never suited me. After a couple rolls I felt I couldn’t miss. If I had the line, the putt had a chance of going down.

The weight distribution just seems to make a difference doesn't it? I keep finding it hard to describe but it feels like the putter is "smoother" to swing.

There is a Putter lab at the David leadbetter Academy, I am pretty sure it is a Callaway / Odyssey setup.

I go through stages where I can make just about anything from 6' in just by taking a quick look and let it go, then I get where I have been since playing with McLovin and Dhartman where nothing is going in and even 3' putts give me pause, not missing by much mind you I am talking burning edges and lip outs but a miss is a miss.

My speed is usually very good at any length putt, but I seem to be missing right lately.

So eliminating the Putter fit as a variable would be nice and a confidence builder.

It's been one of the things I'm most glad I've done. I've done three, including one at the Grandaddy. They all had me in the same head shape and toe hang. Luke and Sean had me in a slightly longer putter rather than bending a bit upright as my previous fitting has, and the current setup has easily been the most comfortable for me.

I could not be happier with this putter. My thoughts are pretty much the same as Tadashi - I feel like I have a chance to make anything.

The weight distribution just seems to make a difference doesn't it? I keep finding it hard to describe but it feels like the putter is "smoother" to swing.

It feels like a natural golf swing. With my old 2-ball I felt like I was trying to hold the putter online. With the stroke lab it’s just an easy simple swing an the putter just wants to follow my arms.

Looking at the website the #9 is a shape I have got along well with and the #7b looks good, once they are out they will get a serious try out.

The tech is very cool and makes sense.

It feels like a natural golf swing. With my old 2-ball I felt like I was trying to hold the putter online. With the stroke lab it’s just an easy simple swing an the putter just wants to follow my arms.

The only other putter I ever got a sense of like that was a highly underrated and neglected Bridgestone True Balance putter. Nowhere near as scientific or sophisticated as The Stroke Lab technology but they also took weight out of the shaft by going all graphite. I say that because the choice of grips was from 10 to 83g without anything else changing (head weight, shaft weight) so the balance would be totally different. It, too, felt effortless to swing, though. The Stroke Lab technology is far better implemented and really works to help with the tempo and consistency of the stroke.

I love my Scotty but also love the #7 shape. I can hardly wait to roll both of the 7 Stroke Lab putters.

So, sold my Scotty last night and I have been going back and forth whether I should order a Tuttle too because I have the Vegas coming and as @KEV pointed out it would be good feedback for the forum so I could compare it against the DoubleWide and give more feedback so on 1/25 I will be ordering a Tuttle. Good news is that I have a PuttOut and matt so I can roll them right after each other for some good feedback right in the comfort of my own home!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

I love my Scotty but also love the #7 shape. I can hardly wait to roll both of the 7 Stroke Lab putters.

Love the #7 too, I just wish Odyssey would offer a single bend shaft over their normal double bend. The single bend looks much cleaner to my eye at address.

Snowed in....

345d78bc14622e4894d8130289caa8f6.jpg

Love the #7 too, I just wish Odyssey would offer a single bend shaft over their normal double bend. The single bend looks much cleaner to my eye at address.

15 thumbs up for you.

But does the SB make the putter face balanced? I thought the DB made it face balanaced.

But does the SB make the putter face balanced? I thought the DB made it face balanaced.

A lot depends on the shaft / hosel location also. That is one way putter makers can manipulate the amount of toe hang.

Back