Odyssey Stroke Lab Putter Thread

I didn't even think to go there. Silly me.

I saw what I needed to see. Now just hope they have a solid top line version.
c79e96a761e10d69efa9bfe3a9264f85.jpg

These putters are the real deal dude

That double wide looks awesome

Only 2 clubs in my bag that I was 100% happy with were my putter and my PM Grind 58*.... Callaway killed that as I love the look of the Stroke Lab Tuttle and knowing there is a new PM Grind...

Long putts are substantially easier to control for me, it’s an insert face, so you can’t baby it of course, but the consistency I’m seeing is really mind blowing.

Feel is pretty similar to EXO or the original White Hot.

The shaft is more about balance, to make it easier to control the distance.

Thanks. This definitely one I’m going to have to take my time with and make sure it fits me. I love the looks and tech, but if longer putts are still an issue for me, then I’ll have to admire from the sidelines.

Thanks. This definitely one I’m going to have to take my time with and make sure it fits me. I love the looks and tech, but if longer putts are still an issue for me, then I’ll have to admire from the sidelines.

One of the great things about stroke lab is that they’ll have the options in the Toulon line too, so if the insert is a challenge for you, there’s still good options available.

Give this a try though, I think you’ll be surprised.

It has a toe hang and I will have to take a pic of it at address when I get home. Luke and Sean fit me into this bc it had a toe hang with the flow neck and it fixed my missing right.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Thanks!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So seeing that I have two stroke labs, I was able to sacrifice one of the grips to show you all the technology inside, This was the smaller of the two grips that they offer,Joe and Sean gave me a different grip to try and help with steadying my hands so I threw it on one of the stroke labs. The grips are a great grip, I believe they did design these on their own. The graphics are pretty cool and the feel and texture is just right, I plan on getting a replacement grip but the larger one.
ed48f65e096564abaabea85d6ab6d6f6.jpg
0e73aae73d7e95cc0dd09286885202e4.jpg
b505ca7bd2e656b7f6b6e0a3ec00b116.jpg
9ee0341b8dd7ddc4e79f1ffd9f0fe696.jpg

These putters are good looking. I like the lines and the overall design concept.

For distance control on longer putts, how easy or hard was it? The White Hit insert and I haven’t gotten along previously as I couldn’t find that sweet spot on longer putts.

Also what is the feel at impact? Is it similar to the EXO line or because it’s in a steel head offers a different feedback?

Tell me more about the shaft, mainly is its purpose to help stabilize the stroke or has another benefit?

Great questions Mike!

For distance control on longer putts, how easy or hard was it? The White Hit insert and I haven’t gotten along previously as I couldn’t find that sweet spot on longer putts. - distance control with really any insert putter has been a struggle with me the last couple of years and is a big reason I went to a milled model this last year. In California I was seeing much more consistency in long putts than what I normally do. I don't know if it's the White Hot Microhinge or the shaft but I had many longer putts that I left within tap in range which is something I've struggled with. I think the shaft and weight redistribution has helped out with my tempo.

Also what is the feel at impact? Is it similar to the EXO line or because it’s in a steel head offers a different feedback? - It's nice and soft yet firm if that makes any sense. I thought the EXO line was pretty good but there was just something that was a little lacking. This one nails it. The best way I can describe it is that you can feel the solidness of the metal Microhinge yet you get the classic soft feel from the White Hot coating.

I went in to the fitting thinking I only wanted to game a milled putter but I changed my mind pretty quickly after what I felt and saw.

Tell me more about the shaft, mainly is its purpose to help stabilize the stroke or has another benefit - It provides better consistency with your stroke. The weight distribution I believe was meant to help you take the putter head back the same each time and make your stroke more consistent. That should result in better speed control on those longer putts you asked about plus keep you on line.

I mentioned this in my review but it's really hard to describe what I've felt with this shaft but I can tell something is different. It just feels more smooth.

I like a lot of what I am reading, I hope you love your putter, but to my picky eye. that two tone topline is a bit jarring. I will have to see one in person because I really liked the Versa putters after seeing them and using them.

I had similar thoughts when I only saw pictures but I like it much more in person. I've never been a fan of the Versa putters myself but this gray and black looks much better to me.

Only 2 clubs in my bag that I was 100% happy with were my putter and my PM Grind 58*.... Callaway killed that as I love the look of the Stroke Lab Tuttle and knowing there is a new PM Grind...

I couldn't believe how much I liked the Tuttle! It's such a simple design but seemed stupid easy to line up. I totally could have came home with one.

4b02e3de8a1d13c94bc706bdf1af5d8c.jpg

I like a lot of what I am reading, I hope you love your putter, but to my picky eye. that two tone topline is a bit jarring. I will have to see one in person because I really liked the Versa putters after seeing them and using them.
This is why I didn't go with the double wide, my favorite putter shape.

I have been bagging the Stroke Lab 7 and this was the putter captain tequila4kapp gamed in the Grandaddy.
5ff9a6d55230b0e28c775abfcc92b7d7.jpg
Sweet! I was hoping we might get some AssCap review action. I know it winter in Ohio...any chances to roll it?

Sweet! I was hoping we might get some AssCap review action. I know it winter in Ohio...any chances to roll it?

I have. I’ll be putting my thoughts up soon

Odyssey Stroke Lab Putter Initial Thoughts / Review / Feedback

During the presentation about the new Stroke Lab putters, we learned a little bit about the history of putter design, especially in regards to shaft weight, head weight, grip weight, total weight, and swing weight and how these have trended over time. The smart folks at Odyssey noticed that swing weight has gotten really out of whack due to various trends and the fact that putter shafts haven't really changed, and this motivated them to take a step back and take a new approach. As a result, the Stroke Lab concept was born, which includes specific head weights, a multi-material graphite / steel shaft that is lighter than traditional shafts, and specific grip weights -- all of these designed to work together to create a specific swing weight / balance for the putter. What they told us about swing weights and what they decided to do about it makes a ton of sense, and it legitimately seems like it could help golfers putt better by improving their tempo.

The Stroke Lab putters sport a black / yellow / silver / white color combination which actually looks really great in my opinion. They also feature the White Hot Microhinge (WHM) insert, which was first introduced with the EXO line of putters. Everything about these putters screams quality, class and innovation.

During my putter fitting, I started with the Number One, which is a typical looking plumber's neck blade. The results suggested more toe hang would help, so I switched to a Number Three, which is a flow neck blade. This is the putter I ended up with and will be reviewing.

Because we use the putter more than any other club during a round of golf, this might be the most exciting change in my bag. There is no doubt a lot of room for improvement in all areas of my game, but improved accuracy and consistency with putting could be huge. When it comes to putting, I can be pretty streaky, but I average around 32 putts per round. My lowest recorded number of putts in the last few years is 27, and I've already matched that with the Stroke Lab Number Three. Saying this putter has me excited is an understatement.

Coming from an O-Works #1, I was already very familiar with the Microhinge insert. I love the roll that both Microhinge inserts imparts on the ball. There are times where I feel I get a couple more rolls than I expected, which is almost always to my benefit. Most of you probably already know the WHM insert was designed to be a couple decibels louder than the original Microhinge based on feedback Odyssey received from players. In my experience, there is definitely firmer feedback from the WHM insert, and golfers who dislike Microhinge for being too soft should not assume WHM is the same if they have interest in these new putters (or the EXO line).

This line of putters really could be a game changer for many players, from amateurs to pros.

More info: https://blog.odysseygolf.com/strokelab/

a1abda0af4e6ecae929de8674e0353cd.jpg

This thing has my attention. Flow neck blade with the squared-off flange and sight-line on top (as close to the lineup line on the ball as possible) is exactly what I loved about the Metal-X Milled #6. I think I might be in love.

And here I was thinking I would stick with WH-RX for awhile...

Hmm, in all honesty, I've never found an Odyssey putter that I truly liked, though there were many that I never got a chance to try. I just don't think I'm a good enough putter to get along with inserts. Every so often I strike the ball and catch part of the insert and part of the metal. Not to mention the speed control issues I've had with them. Their milled options that I've tried have all felt too light to me.

This new line is a bit polarizing in the looks department. But, I'm not really in the market for them anyhow.

Anyhow, good info and thanks for sharing your thoughts. I'll just mosey on over to the Toulon thread. Keep up the great work guys!

Well just remembered I have a birthday coming up, so I think that means I will be getting a Strokelab Tuttle if I get some bday money to add to my Strokelab Doublewide and Toulon Strokelab Vegas! Would be a good addition. I think I have caught the @KEV bug! lol

I just rolled the #1W (will be in the bag) and the new shaft design really makes these putters easy to roll. Nothing forced and ultra smooth. Not a ton of effort of long puts just a little longer stroke than 5’ putts.
The setup is perfect, for me. I think I’ll be rocking a 34” 1W in the near future.

I just rolled the #1W (will be in the bag) and the new shaft design really makes these putters easy to roll. Nothing forced and ultra smooth. Not a ton of effort of long puts just a little longer stroke than 5’ putts.
The setup is perfect, for me. I think I’ll be rocking a 34” 1W in the near future.

The 1w is the one labeled double wide correct?

I have been bagging the Stroke Lab 7 and this was the putter captain tequila4kapp gamed in the Grandaddy.
5ff9a6d55230b0e28c775abfcc92b7d7.jpg

I love the looks of that one. I've been playing a Sabretooth for a few years but this may get a serious look.

Odyssey Stroke Lab Putter Thread

Going into The Grandaddy I was probably the most confident in my putting. I’ve been working hard on it all year and traditionally it’s been the best part of my game. I was in between a few different styles of putters, but I loved the shape of the 7 putter head, and knew that would be a good starting point for me during my fitting no matter which direction I headed. When we went into the club presentation on our first day, I was curious to hear more about the Stroke Lab putters, but had no clue how blown away I was going to be. The concept behind going away from a completely steel shaft and adding graphite to the majority of the length, PLUS adding the weight into the grip and head was something I was very much intrigued by and couldn’t wait to get my hands on a few of those in the putting room to roll.

After going through the fitting with Joe, Sean, Tony, Aussie, and also Luke, it was determined that I needed a mallet putter and Joe started me with a 35” Stroke Lab 7 double bend. My follow through was bringing the club around my body to the left but missing putts right. He noticed my arms were very close to my body and I needed them out more. After moving to a slant version, and also making an adjustment moving my body back from the ball and going to a shorter putter due to my long arms (34”), I was dropping them left and right. It allowed my arms to feel more free and the club head to follow through more towards the target. Rolled some more balls to see how this felt and was very confident this is the putter for me. I found my match!! It was confirmed when Luke took me over to their putting analyzer and I scored a 96.5, with the #1 putter choice being the one I have right now.

a81770329553388637178e59a8a1cebd.jpg

The weight feels heavy in my hands, due to the added weight in the grip that was taken away from the shaft, but that’s not a bad thing. I compared it to my previous mallet putter and it’s actually 20 grams less, but doesn’t feel that way in the hands since it’s more distributed amongst the head and grip. It actually feels lighter, but when I makes strokes with the Stroke Lab 7s, because of the majority of the weight being in the head and grip, it feels more controllable to me. The White Hot Microhinge insert helps get the ball rolling quickly too, and the sound feels very comfortable to me. I’ve always been one to leave long putts short and it seems like this insert gets the ball rolling a little faster. Could be mental so we’ll see how that translates on the course!

e9cd08b2e98626db32c1b3cf4f25f4bc.jpg

38d728f9d53e5c9a2a4732ce90d10bbb.jpg

a2eaf15953a6ff3c63799b6221a3c1a8.jpg

1c2a87586bcd268ee360a0c9e920df83.jpg

This thing has my attention. Flow neck blade with the squared-off flange and sight-line on top (as close to the lineup line on the ball as possible) is exactly what I loved about the Metal-X Milled #6. I think I might be in love.

And here I was thinking I would stick with WH-RX for awhile...

I’ve mostly play PN style blades and never thought the flow neck was as easy to set up but I’m definitely enjoying it so far.

Regardless of style, the balance feels awesome and the insert puts a great roll on the ball.

I don’t think you’ll be disappointed if you demo it.

pardon my skim, but anybody coming to these after gaming an o-works putter with microhinge? i love my red 7s, but didn’t love the exo 7s.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Back