Odyssey Stroke Lab Putter Thread

as it should be. not every release will please everyone, but I love how for the most part differing opinions can foster good converstaion.

Like the good ole days pre run to extremes ASAP! Haha!

It can be tough going back to stock grips after being spoiled with some of these other options. After using the Tour SNSR grip for so long everything else takes some getting used to. The stock pistol grip worked decent for me when I was using a traditional grip with my hands but once I went to left hand low it wasn't a great fit and I don't like the oversized grip at all. Luckily there are some good options out there to keep the weight similar.

I like the feel of the Superstroke Traxion Pistol grips and the Flatcat Tak Slim. Anything in the 10-15 gram either way should be ok correct?

The stock grip was hit or miss. I like the feel except for right where my left hand went where it was really smooth.... in my couple rounds with it on it felt slick and I just didn't care for it. I also went a completely different direction really fast so no idea about durability.

I like the feel of the Superstroke Traxion Pistol grips and the Flatcat Tak Slim. Anything in the 10-15 gram either way should be ok correct?
Hard to tell because we don't know Odyssey's idea of a perfect window. That being said, everyone is different, so if you don't subscribe to this setup being the end all, be all with no room for tinkering, then it should be fine. I think a 20% change in grip weight would be substantial though...

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

I would listen to the Sean Toulon episode on golf unfiltered. They discussed it and I think he was in the 5-10g weight camp depending on how sensitive you are to that. I personally went 15g heavier in the grip and am going to play with the weight kit to see if matching that up in the head improves things for me.

I did a grip that was about 5 grams light and added a little plug weight to even it out. Didn’t want to mess with the formula.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would listen to the Sean Toulon episode on golf unfiltered. They discussed it and I think he was in the 5-10g weight camp depending on how sensitive you are to that. I personally went 15g heavier in the grip and am going to play with the weight kit to see if matching that up in the head improves things for me.
This is exactly what I've been getting away! Bravo! Ley us know if it works well, turns into a putter that can't hole out a two footer, or simply spontaneously combusts.

Compound breaking down, finish flaking, marks where hands were placed, all after minimal / removal from bag use. Not just making stuff up. I’m otherwise thrilled with the putter, but I replaced with another grip of the same weight.

I have 61 rounds in with my Stroke Lab Three and the grip shows absolutely no wear at all! Can't tell where I place my hands on the putter, no rough spots or wear of any kind. Maybe you just got a bad grip. Stuff like that happens I guess.

This is one of my questions for Sean. If the design is factoring a specific head weight, why offer weight kits and how does it affect the balance and overall design

This is one of my questions for Sean. If the design is factoring a specific head weight, why offer weight kits and how does it affect the balance and overall design

Hearing it straight from him will be amazing but in that interview they do a pretty great discussion on it.

Hard to tell because we don't know Odyssey's idea of a perfect window. That being said, everyone is different, so if you don't subscribe to this setup being the end all, be all with no room for tinkering, then it should be fine. I think a 20% change in grip weight would be substantial though...

I see the exchange with cbaker feel on deaf ears. Come on man, lets get passed this.

Hearing it straight from him will be amazing but in that interview they do a pretty great discussion on it.

I envy you and the others going to Odyssey Experience this weekend. Can't wait to follow along and see what odyssey questions you guys can get answered.

I see the exchange with cbaker feel on deaf ears. Come on man, lets get passed this.

It must have fallen on deaf ears. I thought I was fairly clear when I said, "I don't have time for shenanigans like that anyway", but I guess I wasn't. For the record, I'm passed everything. For me, there never was a "thing". It just seems that you and one, or maybe two, other(s) try to make "things" where there are no "things". I harbor no ill will towards anyone. Well, no one on here. Outside THP is another conversation.

I was simply answering a question. If you don't like the way I answer questions, then I'm sorry, I'm not sorry. Actually, no, I'm not sorry I'm not sorry. I'm simply just not sorry.

Have a wonderful day. I'll reply to your snarky reply to this later. I've gotta get ready for work soon.

I must have had a bad one - I was surprised. I actually quite liked the feel of the oversized one, but it looked like it had been thru the wringer after like 2 weeks.

Does not take away from the fact that, try as though I might, the exo marxman s is firmly in the bag. I just cannot believe how easy it is to roll, align, and make putts. The SL tech is real, my tempo and pace are absolutely great with this thing.

I wish I had another grip here for you to try to see if the experience held. We will be with the leaders of Odyssey at the THP event this weekend and I’m sure grip will come up.
And this is one of the many reasons I love THP!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

I wish I had another grip here for you to try to see if the experience held. We will be with the leaders of Odyssey at the THP event this weekend and I’m sure grip will come up.

If he wants mine, he's welcome to it. I'll just have to find a clubmaker that can salvage it. I'd love to put a Superstroke on mine anyway.

Last edited:
I quite like the standard oversize grip, I prefer it to the SS 2.0 I have on my Exo.

I quite like the standard oversize grip, I prefer it to the SS 2.0 I have on my Exo.

You want want to take a look at the Lamkin SinkFit options as a replacement - better weight characteristics than the SS for the SL design but with a familiar design

You want want to take a look at the Lamkin SinkFit options as a replacement - better weight characteristics than the SS for the SL design but with a familiar design

My Exo is a normal one rather than an SL. If/when I swap it it’ll be for a Pistol of some description.

Just want to chime in here about my experience with my Stroke Labs One putter. I had a few putters in my arsenal at home that I just couldn't get comfortable with and didn't have any confidence standing over. All that changed when I went for my putter fitting. I was fit on a Quintic machine during this fitting, and I had my choice of putters that I tried. I wanted to get a Scotty Cameron but they didn't give me good results. I then moved on to Taylor Made offerings, and they didn't give me any better results either. Once I got the Stroke Labs One in my hand it was night and day. I was always a good lag putter, but from 10 feet and in I was all over the place. This has changed dramatically with this putter and I couldn't be more happy with it.

if, and it's a big if, I ever tire of the contour pro, the blue SinkFit goes on the putter without hesitation.

if, and it's a big if, I ever tire of the contour pro, the blue SinkFit goes on the putter without hesitation.

Pistol fan over straight?

Pistol fan over straight?

Yeah. Sits better in my left hand and helps with tension relief. Don’t feel like I have to strangle the grip to secure it in my hands

Threw down 25-30 putts again last night, about 5-7 feet away to a target the size of a coaster. Near the tailend of it, everything was going right over the center of the cup, it was fun! As others have already mentioned, it's really hard for me to describe the feel of the SL tech. "Fluid" is a great word, I would also add "sturdy" to it. I don't feel either end of the club having too much way. I'm sure if I looked far enough back I can find that I already said this, but I've had times in the past on a putt when I bring the club head back, I need to stop and start over because it didn't go back on the right plane to me. I don't get that feeling with this, it's weighting is very balanced.

Just want to chime in here about my experience with my Stroke Labs One putter. I had a few putters in my arsenal at home that I just couldn't get comfortable with and didn't have any confidence standing over. All that changed when I went for my putter fitting. I was fit on a Quintic machine during this fitting, and I had my choice of putters that I tried. I wanted to get a Scotty Cameron but they didn't give me good results. I then moved on to Taylor Made offerings, and they didn't give me any better results either. Once I got the Stroke Labs One in my hand it was night and day. I was always a good lag putter, but from 10 feet and in I was all over the place. This has changed dramatically with this putter and I couldn't be more happy with it.

That is awesome and exactly what I believe Odyssey was hoping some golfers would see. The Stroke Enhancing Tech has most likely helped you have a more consistent stroke, which leads to more consistent results on those 10' putts. Hopefully that success continues for you!

Back