Odyssey Stroke Lab Putter Thread

birdie mode engaged!!!!!!!!!

level up!

seriously, i've really been struggling with whether the face-balanced was good for me. it's been the worst on left-to-right putts. everything, and i mean EVERYTHING, has been missing low. the image i thought of in my mind was a laser stuck to the face, pointing at the target. keep the laser pointing at the target during the stroke. the triple track confirmed i was getting an excellent roll, and on the intended line. it's such a good feeling!

I need to try a face balanced mallet. I think there's something about my putting where I tend to gate the stroke when using a blade, but don't when using a mallet. The Vegas just hasn't clicked for me the same way the Three has, and I'm itching to try something in a mallet shape.

The Tuttle intrigues me the most as I played an old Ram Zebra for years.

DoubleWide with the double bend neck is the best of both worlds. It is face balanced where the flow neck version has toe hang. If I could get somebody to bet against me I could then describe the putter as "money"! LOL Seriously, I have NEVER. NEVER. PUTTED. BETTER than I have with the SL DoubleWide.

The Marxman S just came in, after some carpet rolling I think I'm in love, it's the smaller grip, which was a gamble on my part, but I actually like the feel. May change to oversize. But I love the overall feel of the putter throughout the stroke, the face is a bit softer than what I'm used to, but with time and practice I'm sure that'll be fine, and holy cow is that single line easy to line up, can't wait to see how it sets up with the triple track on my golf ball!

I need to try a face balanced mallet. I think there's something about my putting where I tend to gate the stroke when using a blade, but don't when using a mallet. The Vegas just hasn't clicked for me the same way the Three has, and I'm itching to try something in a mallet shape.

The Tuttle intrigues me the most as I played an old Ram Zebra for years.

I think i'm there with you. I bought a flow DW just for the hell of it and am not in love with it...it's probably going back since I haven't taken the plastic off yet.

DoubleWide with the double bend neck is the best of both worlds. It is face balanced where the flow neck version has toe hang. If I could get somebody to bet against me I could then describe the putter as "money"! LOL Seriously, I have NEVER. NEVER. PUTTED. BETTER than I have with the SL DoubleWide.

I have the same exact putter. I absolutely love it, and I usually hate putting.

My SL Marxman is on the bench for now while I test out the EXO SL Marxman. The EXO is a double bend, which is face balance and better for my swing type. Also the EXO feels a little hotter off the face, not sure why as it’s the same insert.

Oh hai! My #1 showed up this week and I'll put it through the paces for the first time today. I'm a little nervous about others struggling with distance control at first and I can already tell that the oversize grip will be replaced. I'll give it a whirl but something tells me it will be short lived. Wish me luck!
22c873cde231b51619c3a91ceaa674f5.jpg

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

My SL Marxman is on the bench for now while I test out the EXO SL Marxman. The EXO is a double bend, which is face balance and better for my swing type. Also the EXO feels a little hotter off the face, not sure why as it’s the same insert.

I said that before and one of the grandaddy guys I believe said it’s the higher MOI design of the exo line up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That would make sense. The EXO is their most forgiving highest MOI and premium line

Tried the Stroke Lab for a while today and ended up super impressed again. I can’t explain the craving to keep coming back to it, but I do.

Still using my green #7 O-Works but not sure how much longer.

Tried the Stroke Lab for a while today and ended up super impressed again. I can’t explain the craving to keep coming back to it, but I do.

Still using my green #7 O-Works but not sure how much longer.

It’s the unicorn feathers.

Another win for stroke lab. Shane Lowry using the stroke lab for a win in the Open.

tuttle + erc soft with triple track = 28 putts today. felt like i could make everything. and honestly there were 2-3 putts i thought were in that didn’t fall. i don’t know what wizardry is in this putter, but i love it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I need to get out again with the stroke labs. The Double Wide and Tuttle have been so good in practice, but I've struggled in play with leaving putts short. I played a round a clue of weeks ago on the fastest greens I've ever played and I think they've made an imprint on a putting psyche. I'm trying to shake the timidity and get a feel for distance again. That said, my lines have been super solid as of late with both of these putters. I just need to dial in the distances. The DW still feels easier to roll consistently, but it's closer than it was previously. Lag putts are better with the Tuttle but inside 6-8ft, it's all DW. What an awesome problem to have. Add the Toulon Las Vegas to the mix and I'm in putter heaven.

Sent from my GM1915 using Tapatalk

33 putts with the tuttle today, but honestly the greens weren’t the best and i hit a lot of good putts that just lost a little speed or looked good for a really long time. i do love this putter and have no desire to try anything else.

After my first few full rounds with the stroke lab I am truly in love, there were a few things I didn't know about, the grip size, the stock is smaller than what I've been used to playing, but now I'm thinking I should have been playing a smaller one for a while, really feel the face and angle. Second was the length, I've normally played a 36"+, for this it's 35" and I think it's getting me close enough to the ball to get lined up great. The thing I love the most are the overall weight, the balance of the club just feel fantastic, and the alignment of the Marxman, is amazing!!! I don't think I'll ever go away from that straight line, it is so easy to line it up and make the stroke at the intended line!

Got a chance to roll a few different styles of this putter today. The R-ball style is wild. Totally different sound and feel, but it sure was straight.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

This putter is straight f***in' money! I've only gotten to play 2 rounds with my new Stroke Lab ONE and I was certain that I would be replacing the oversize grip when I first fondled it. Stop the presses on that. I'm kind of digging it. I previously played (and have always played) a pistol grip in my putters. After my first practice session with the new putter and grip style, I wasn't impressed with either. That was until I learned how to use the club.

I've always been able to putt (exceptionally well for a 24 handicap). I'll take on anyone in a putting game with no fear. That doesn't mean, I'll win every time but I won't be intimidated and I'm confident I'll hold my own. When I first started rolling this putter, that confidence was shaken a bit, to be honest. I had no idea how to use it, if that makes any sense. Then the light bulb moment happened. You HAVE to let this club do it's job for you. Trying to manipulate the stroke with this club is a no-no.

For me, once I gave control to the putter head, everything just started to click and the putts started to roll good.......like.......really good. I've read several times in this thread that people have a hard time describing the feel of this putter. For me it's simple: The putter feels light and plays heavy. I've never liked heavy putter heads. It's one of the reasons I've never been a fan of mallets (the other being that they look like a brick on a stick to my eye, regardless of shape). A heavy putter head, to me, always required too much effort to get the backswing going and thus would take me off my intended line. That added effort always put more tension in my hands than I've ever been comfortable with.

The Stroke Lab is a whole new beast. It took me a little while to get used to because my release has always been a little more manipulated by my hands than it should have been. It may not have been the most fundamentally sound stroke but, again, I'd have put it up against anyone. With the Stroke Lab I don't have to putt the effort into starting my backstroke and it's easier to stay on my intended line once that stroke starts because of the weight of the head, itself. Because I've never played with a heavy putter head before, I had a hard time at first with my distance control. I'll be honest, at first, I was afraid that I had just wasted $200.00. I was so used to having to use so much more shoulder turn to get the same distance out of this putter that I was rocket balling putts by the hole at a record pace. In all honesty, it was the first time in a loooonnnnggg time that my confidence with a putter in my hands was shaken. Once I reigned in the distance on my backstroke and let the putter head fall in line and flow through for my release, the magic of this combo made it's presence known.

I played my first round ever yesterday with only one 3 putt. That club was just straight money. distance control left me with so many two putt tap ins that I almost couldn't believe it. I dropped 4 bombs (15+ feet) for par and and 30 footer for birdie yesterday and every bit of it seemed so...............effortless. I had my last putter in the bag for the majority of the last decade (as putter is not a club I tinker with once I get a feel for it). I'm not sure I'll ever replace this Stroke Lab ONE. It's that damned good.

@robrandalgz i totally agree, it’s the distance control that is absurd.

Just picked up a “Nine” myself, I think I’m going to like it a lot once I spend a bit more time with it.

6be6108459155fd0c5309a070095355a.jpg

Stroke Lab 2 Ball Fang is in timeout for the foreseeable future. Just wasn’t making anything with it after picking it up a few weeks ago.

Stroke Lab 2 Ball Fang is in timeout for the foreseeable future. Just wasn’t making anything with it after picking it up a few weeks ago.
Let me know when you get tired of it

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Let me know when you get tired of it

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I also keep waiting for some stroke labs to hit the secondary market and there's not much out there. lol

I also keep waiting for some stroke labs to hit the secondary market and there's not much out there. lol

Budget Golf with THP Coupon?

Back