Odyssey Stroke Lab Putter Thread

I experimented today and pulled the Double Wide out in favor of the Toulon Portland. Didn't make a putt and had two three putts. The Double Wide goes back in tomorrow!
The DoubleWide is just so hard to compete with!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

I've been thinking hard about the Double Wide. I've used an anser style blade forever but I want a face balanced putter and the SL shaft.

I'm trying to figure out grips... Superstroke Traxion Tour I believe is based off the "slim" line.

I could get a Tour 2.0 (1.17" dia.) that weighs 55g, pull the SL weight and use a 50g countercore, OR

I could get a Tour 3.0 (1.26" dia) that weighs 66g and leave the plug. (Assuming I got the oversized 65g SL grip, and not the 75g one)

If you had to choose between those two options which would you? And are there other grip combos you prefer more?

Edit: Also not to get too far off topic, but one of the comparables would be a Scotty Cameron Squareback. He doesn't like face balanced much, and those have about 1/8 toe hang, or about half of what I'm used to. Do you think that little of toe hang would make a big difference?

Back to the Double Wide today. No 3-putts, a couple of birdies and only one bogey. I just find it so easy to line up and control the speed compared to other putters. I've never been big on big mallets so this is a nice compromise.

I've been thinking hard about the Double Wide. I've used an anser style blade forever but I want a face balanced putter and the SL shaft.

I'm trying to figure out grips... Superstroke Traxion Tour I believe is based off the "slim" line.

I could get a Tour 2.0 (1.17" dia.) that weighs 55g, pull the SL weight and use a 50g countercore, OR

I could get a Tour 3.0 (1.26" dia) that weighs 66g and leave the plug. (Assuming I got the oversized 65g SL grip, and not the 75g one)

If you had to choose between those two options which would you? And are there other grip combos you prefer more?

Edit: Also not to get too far off topic, but one of the comparables would be a Scotty Cameron Squareback. He doesn't like face balanced much, and those have about 1/8 toe hang, or about half of what I'm used to. Do you think that little of toe hang would make a big difference?
I honestly prefer the large stock grip that comes on it. I absolutely love the DoubleWide! One thing I would recommend is going to a store where you can try it both with toe hang and face balanced. I was using a face balanced putter prior to The Grandaddy and got fit into a flow Neck which promotes toe hang and I don't miss right anymore hardly ever unless I'm just aligned wrong.

I honestly prefer the large stock grip that comes on it. I absolutely love the DoubleWide! One thing I would recommend is going to a store where you can try it both with toe hang and face balanced. I was using a face balanced putter prior to The Grandaddy and got fit into a flow Neck which promotes toe hang and I don't miss right anymore hardly ever unless I'm just aligned wrong.

I put the 104 cc Tour Snsr on my Double Wide. Absolutely love it on this putter.

Just did the same practice test last night with my SL 7S that I did a few nights ago with the EXO 7S. 15 feet away, 20 balls with goal everything rolling over my mark or within 2-3 feet in either direction (prefer being long). First putt blew past probably 4 feet, rest within 2 feet with many going over my mark stopping a foot past. Continuing to show that either putter works for me, just depends on my mood for the day, and maybe time and course conditions based on the recent weather. Playing a round Saturday morning on a course that's usually pretty slow. SL 7S performed well first time out this year at that course, so thinking of using it again, but wondering if the hotter face of the EXO is the way to go. Time will tell, but might be a coin flip when I open my trunk and pull the clubs out.

I just regripped my DoubleWide with the SS Traxion Pistol GT Tour (left the stock weight, no countercore.) Grip weight is 69g vs. the 65g of the stock grip (it was the bigger of the two options.) The increase of 4g is not noticeable and the putter is much more comfortable in my hands. I've always preferred the smaller pistol versions of SS grips.

Well, I read the first 100 pages of this thread and got double wide fever. I rolled it a few months back at GG, but was in a hurry and didn't really hit a lot of putts. I remember it felt good though. Both the stroke and the insert feel. So after reading all of the good results on this thread, I pulled the trigger on the DW.

Took it out today. Made a mess on the front with the driver, but was around the hole with the DW the entire front nine. The driver clicked on the back, and so did the DW. Holy Moly! Shot a even par 36. Made two 12 ft slider birdie putts that really held their lines. Had 3 routine 2 putts for par, two bogey putts that I made, and 2 par saving putts. Been playing this course for 11 years and never had a putting round this good. Greens are tough, but as a lot of folks have said in this thread, I had so much confidence with this putter. The stroke just felt great all day. Even the long putts were outstanding in terms of distance control. Was in or around the hole all day. Basically, the best putting round I've ever had. Hope it's not a honeymoon phase.:D

The DW is is the real deal. :clapp:

jeez i putted great today with the tuttle sl. i really expect to make pretty much everything. my two bad putts were from over 50’ and i just mishit each terribly. that’s all me. other than that, speed and direction were excellent.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Shot a 77 today. Best round of the year for me. Zero 3 putts and 5 up and down par saving putts. Wife will be on the couch tonight and the double wide will be next to me in bed. This thing is really saving me when I miss the green. Never had this much confidence in a putter before. The DW is just fantastic.

I'm going to "fiddle" again and put the Portland back in the bag and try a tip I read, maybe even on here. I'm not going to play the ball as afar forward as I am accustomed to do, and see what difference that makes.

I guess it's time for a battle...

Attachments

• photo35699.jpg
    photo35699.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 5
KEV;n8875044 said:

Took you long enough!!

Reactions: KEV
KEV;n8875044 said:

No contest. Let us know when you switch out to the DW.

On one hand, i want to wait to get properly fitted for a stroke lab (or whatever is coming out next) and on the other hand, I’m considering just getting one of these to play with...it just feels like December is so far away!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

zbeekner4;n8875157 said:
On one hand, i want to wait to get properly fitted for a stroke lab (or whatever is coming out next) and on the other hand, I’m considering just getting one of these to play with...it just feels like December is so far away!!

the tech is so legit. i have no idea how it does what it does, but i know with certainty that it works.

McLovin;n8875178 said:
the tech is so legit. i have no idea how it does what it does, but i know with certainty that it works.

I agree that there’s something in the water...The double-wide and V-line have been so good when I’ve played with them at the PGA SS. They’re just something about them

I played a lot of golf this past weekend and I can’t remember the last time I said.....my putting was the best part of my game.

McLovin;n8875178 said:

I’ll tell you a secret. No else look!

Spoiler
It’s unicorn hair

I just love the way the Tuttle sets up for me, put a new lamkin grip on and it is back in the bag.

The Exo has been good, but I just like looking down at the Tuttle and the way it frames the ball (especially with triple track).

I've only been able to compare the Double Wide and One on the carpet but the DW already feels so much more solid. I can definitely feel that extra heft with the deeper blade and it may be the solution to my issue with leaving shorter putts short.

Went to GG at lunch today and rolled a few putts. The EXO Mini 7 SL was really really good in the store compared to all the others I tried. Hate that price tag though

jdtox;n8876829 said:
Went to GG at lunch today and rolled a few putts. The EXO Mini 7 SL was really really good in the store compared to all the others I tried. Hate that price tag though

won't lie, when scottys were $299 I hesitated on purchasing because I didn't think it was worth it for a putter. Exo is no different. Sticker shock is real.

jdtox;n8876829 said:

that shape is so good

Back