Odyssey Stroke Lab Putter Thread

jdtox;n8876829 said:
Went to GG at lunch today and rolled a few putts. The EXO Mini 7 SL was really really good in the store compared to all the others I tried. Hate that price tag though

Keep an eye on ebay. I got a "demo" SL ONE that still had plastic on the head and the cover was mint. I only saved about $50.00 but hey I'll take any savings I can get.

My first new club purchase in my short time golfing was a new double wide and I blame it all on this thread. Had read every post about it here and finally had to try one, it was love at first roll. Was fit into a face balanced 34" with the large stock grip and just so happy with it.

Turtlerancher;n8877140 said:
My first new club purchase in my short time golfing was a new double wide and I blame it all on this thread. Had read every post about it here and finally had to try one, it was love at first roll. Was fit into a face balanced 34" with the large stock grip and just so happy with it.

I think you’re going to love it.

Put the SL Three back in the bag today, and it was like going back home. I'd been rolling the Toulon Vegas lately, and it's been good, but I haven't been making as many of those 5-7 foot putts. Had a really good run today where I made a 3-4 of them to save par.

duker51;n8873759 said:
Shot a 77 today. Best round of the year for me. Zero 3 putts and 5 up and down par saving putts. Wife will be on the couch tonight and the double wide will be next to me in bed. This thing is really saving me when I miss the green. Never had this much confidence in a putter before. The DW is just fantastic.
I love theses Strokelab putters. My last two rounds I have had zero 3 putts!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Phil75070;n8873779 said:
I'm going to "fiddle" again and put the Portland back in the bag and try a tip I read, maybe even on here. I'm not going to play the ball as afar forward as I am accustomed to do, and see what difference that makes.
I actually play the ball forward. I wonder if this will make a difference in playing in farther back in my stance more towards the middle.

ttucliffhanger;n8879749 said:
I actually play the ball forward. I wonder if this will make a difference in playing in farther back in my stance more towards the middle.

Listened to the putter podcast the other day, Sean and Luke mention that where you put the ball in your stance can effect your aim. The further forward, the more to the left your aim will be, and vice versa.

shanewu;n8881237 said:
Dang, somebody got a relatively decent deal

Yeah they did

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would go with one of the S models since I like to have the ball on the outside of my eyes.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

SL 7S was back in action last night in the basement, just some 6 footers and 15 foot lag putts. Overall it went well and it's been a while since this has been put in the bag for a round, so I've already committed to using it next time out. Challenging deciding between each of the putters I've used this year, but have yet to really regret either of them after a round. Dare I be that guy that pulls the least used iron out and play two putters? Not quite there yet!

Just ordered an SL 7S from Callaway preowned with the Stroke lab oversize grip. Fingers crossed this helps me out with my putting struggles.

manhattan01;n8882535 said:
Just ordered an SL 7S from Callaway preowned with the Stroke lab oversize grip. Fingers crossed this helps me out with my putting struggles.

Look forward to your feedback. I know Stroke Lab helped me instantly, coming from nearly the same putter without the SL setup. I hope it's the same for you!

Looks like CPO is adding a few lines to their inventory. I'm half tempted to pick up a SL EXO in the Marxman or Rossie style.

I really wish someone had a Doublewide Flow they wanted to trade for my Seven S.

I gotta decide if I want the v line or another pair of shoes. Got some store credit. I love my PING Ketsch but every time im in the golf store the v line just makes putts.

Got four rounds in with my double wide this weekend. Pretty sure the change over to face balanced + left hand low + the stroke lab is the thing my putting game has been missing for so many god forsaken years. I just have so much more confidence in this setup than anything prior. Can’t wait to get it grooved at some point! Saturday I was making everything inside of 20’.....can’t even begin to think or remember the last time that happened.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Anyone know if it is possible to get an EXO re-shafted into a stroke lab shaft? I still have my original EXO from the Odyssey Experience at Haig Point but since they’ve updated to the stroke lab shaft I’’d like to get one of those without spending money on a whole new putter.

I don’t know if it is possible to send to Callaway and have them do it or not. Maybe it’s more cost efficient in the end to trade it in on CPO for a stroke lab version.

gmiller598;n8891327 said:
Anyone know if it is possible to get an EXO re-shafted into a stroke lab shaft? I still have my original EXO from the Odyssey Experience at Haig Point but since they’ve updated to the stroke lab shaft I’’d like to get one of those without spending money on a whole new putter.

I don’t know if it is possible to send to Callaway and have them do it or not. Maybe it’s more cost efficient in the end to trade it in on CPO for a stroke lab version.

Possible? Yes. Will the weighting be correct and such so the club is designed how it’s supposed to be effective? Kinda all depends, but it may not be a bad idea to reach out to Callaway CS to ask?

gmiller598;n8891327 said:

Call Callaway/Odyssey CS. I think they can do it, but would require you sending it in to them and I'm not sure of the cost.

MWard;n8891331 said:
Possible? Yes. Will the weighting be correct and such so the club is designed how it’s supposed to be effective? Kinda all depends, but it may not be a bad idea to reach out to Callaway CS to ask?

According to the Odyssey specs, the head weights and toe hang are the same so I think it should just be a different shaft and grip to get it properly balanced but I’ll certainly give them a call and ask. Otherwise it would be about $140 bucks on a trade in to switch to stroke lab.

I had a chance to compare the Stroke Lab Double Wide to the Toulon Atlanta last weekend and saw pretty much what I expected. The Double Wide provided extremely similar results to my SL One in that it is extremely consistent in both distance control and dispersion. This thing is just flat out consistent and is awesome on lag putts. I continued to struggle a little on short putts with leaving them short of the hole which is something I didn't experience with either one of my Toulon's. I could easily game the Double Wide and can see why so many people love it. I still say it's one of the best feeling inserts I've ever tried and will give you very consistent results throughout a round.

If anyone is interested in how the ball comes off the face of the Stroke Lab vs. Toulon here is a little sample of the Double Wide vs. the previous generation Atlanta on a 10 foot putt.

[video=youtube_share;R-uQqR7Dz58]https://youtu.be/R-uQqR7Dz58[/video]

Back