2019 Toulon Putter Thread

Putters should start arriving fairly soon for the guys on the team not named ArmyGolf. What does everyone have coming?

Me: Memphis
Me: Portland

What makes a Toulon better than the standard Odyssey or the seeming more refined EXO or Stroke Lab? The look of the Toulon putters is fantastic and far more appealing than the others. But is there a significant performance difference that justifies the price?

The Portland and Memphis models particularly have me dreaming of being a great putter. I've rolled both of them and like them both.

I'm looking at getting a new putter (one made in this millenium) and appreciate any feedback y'all can provide.
Assuming similar quality, nothing makes one putter inherently better than another. It's all about what's best for the individual golfer. A fitting is the best route, but if that's not in the cards, I think golfers should go with whatever they feel like they can hole the most putts with and/or whatever makes them the happiest.

What makes a Toulon better than the standard Odyssey or the seeming more refined EXO or Stroke Lab? The look of the Toulon putters is fantastic and far more appealing than the others. But is there a significant performance difference that justifies the price?

The Toulon lineup is comparable to a Scotty Cameron and is targeted toward that market. It's really up to the individual to decide what makes it better then anything else. To me the finish, sound and feel are something special and unique to the Toulon lineup. I'm a milled guy (even though I effing love the Stroke Lab) and I love having a great milled putter that is unique and not a Scotty Cameron like so many people have.

Portland, 35" everything standard. I very definitely prefer a milled face putter so this can't get here soon enough.

I prefer the full face milling as I hit a lot of putts out near the toe to deaden the roll on downhill putts.

I do this too. Except it's not on purpose.

Putters should start arriving fairly soon for the guys on the team not named ArmyGolf. What does everyone have coming?

Me: Memphis
I have the Vegas H7! Man I can't wait. Especially bc I get to put it to the test against the double wide.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Assuming similar quality, nothing makes one putter inherently better than another. It's all about what's best for the individual golfer. A fitting is the best route, but if that's not in the cards, I think golfers should go with whatever they feel like they can hole the most putts with and/or whatever makes them the happiest.

The Toulon lineup is comparable to a Scotty Cameron and is targeted toward that market. It's really up to the individual to decide what makes it better then anything else. To me the finish, sound and feel are something special and unique to the Toulon lineup. I'm a milled guy (even though I effing love the Stroke Lab) and I love having a great milled putter that is unique and not a Scotty Cameron like so many people have.

Thanks guys. I appreciate the insight. I thought it might come down to that but was curious nonetheless.

So I’ve been doing some research and it looks like I might have to push the pause button on the Palm Beach. It’s got more toe hang than I anticipated and works for a stroke that has more of an arc. I’ll need to hopefully find one to roll, but if it’s too much toe hang I’ll be sad.

I love that finish so much and I'm really glad they went with it this year. Combined Ruth that green paint fill it's a great combination. And that full face milling is such a huge improvement.

I love that finish so much and I'm really glad they went with it this year. Combined Ruth that green paint fill it's a great combination. And that full face milling is such a huge improvement.
These putters are really a work of art. Better looking than any Scotty I have ever seen. I might be biased but these are just so free flowing and that's all models. All the lines just fit together if that makes sense.

These putters are really a work of art. Better looking than any Scotty I have ever seen. I might be biased but these are just so free flowing and that's all models. All the lines just fit together if that makes sense.

I agree. I gamed a Scotty for years and switched last season. Absolutely love.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I agree. I gamed a Scotty for years and switched last season. Absolutely love.

Not to mention the technology with their milling and Strokelab shafts make them that much better than a Scotty.

Not to mention the technology with their milling and Strokelab shafts make them that much better than a Scotty.

Hence why I’ve already ordered the Stroke Lab version of my San Diego!

"Better than" is a tough sell. Significantly different, yes. Highly contagious when rolling well? Definitely. Competitive with? Absolutely.

Better than? In the eyes of the beholder.

Hence why I’ve already ordered the Stroke Lab version of my San Diego!

Yup. We will have to put them side to side at Alumni Golf this year!

"Better than" is a tough sell. Significantly different, yes. Highly contagious when rolling well? Definitely. Competitive with? Absolutely.

Better than? In the eyes of the beholder.
That's a fair argument. I should have said better to me at least lol

Does anyone have access to the palm beach, Memphis and Atlanta together? I am trying to decide between the Atlanta and Palm Beach. I have a Memphis so it will help for comparison.

I know the #7 heads have varied slightly in size over the years — how does the Las Vegas compare? Does it stand out at all as being on the small or large side, relative to previous 7’s? Or does it just look like a typical 7?

I’m hoping it’s on the smaller side, but haven’t seen one in person yet.

605a92a65a7386edc5674e398f35beb0.gif

Waiting on my Azalea to come in..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sean Toulon said on twitter the Las Vegas and the Austin are on back-order due to the high volume of orders. Hopefully my order for the Las Vegas was early enough in the morning on order day back on the 15th.

Sean Toulon said on twitter the Las Vegas and the Austin are on back-order due to the high volume of orders. Hopefully my order for the Las Vegas was early enough in the morning on order day back on the 15th.
I saw that on Twitter as well and the guys are giving me crap bc I have the Vegas on the way from #TheGrandaddy and can't wait for this to come in! This putter just looks so darn smooth and sleek in person and it performed well during my fitting too. This line of putters is just amazing!

I hope so too. Either way, I think the wait will be worth it for you but who the heck wants to wait?! Haha

I know the #7 heads have varied slightly in size over the years — how does the Las Vegas compare? Does it stand out at all as being on the small or large side, relative to previous 7’s? Or does it just look like a typical 7?

I’m hoping it’s on the smaller side, but haven’t seen one in person yet.

I ‘think’ the Vegas head is smaller than the typical 7, but I haven’t received mine yet. My thought here is based on the Vegas dimensions I posted earlier in the thread here.

It appears my Stroke Lab San Diego is backordered. Disappointing considering I placed the order the day we were able to pre order.

Placed a preorder for a San Diego on day 1 as well. Pretty disappointed to not see it shipped or receive any communication from Odyssey/Toulon regarding when it will ship. Certainly they knew before 3/1 orders outpaced inventory and production. I wonder if there is availability in store? Hopefully preorders take priority and we start getting shipment emails. Trip to Vegas in a few weeks and can’t wait to putt around the house until then.

Back