2019 Toulon Putter Thread

I’m going to roll it after lunch. I spoke too soon about the 1W, the Exo #7 is calling my name and the VEGAS is sick.

I had a really hard time deciding between the EXO 7 mini and the Vegas. I went with the Vegas to give the milled mallet a shot (plus I think I made one more putt with the Toulon) but I would not be surprised if I also have one of those EXO in the future.

Love, love, love the look of the Vegas at address.

Stupid question. But, I haven't been putter shopping for a few years as I am pretty content with what I have. But, when did they start with the heavy co-branding between Odyssey and Toulon? I know they bought them a few years back. But, I don't remember the Odyssey logos being so prominent on the past models.

It's fairly new.

I'm really struggling with it. I love what Odyssey brings to the table, but also felt that Toulon had a premium feel up until this release. When you mix the two logos this hard and make it primarily an Odyssey putter, I think it takes away from where Toulon was presenting as competition.

And again, I love what Odyssey brings to table... I just didn't want Toulon to stop being the focal point of these products. It's weird, and I get some won't agree, but it's how I feel.

It's fairly new.

I'm really struggling with it. I love what Odyssey brings to the table, but also felt that Toulon had a premium feel up until this release. When you mix the two logos this hard and make it primarily an Odyssey putter, I think it takes away from where Toulon was presenting as competition.

And again, I love what Odyssey brings to table... I just didn't want Toulon to stop being the focal point of these products. It's weird, and I get some won't agree, but it's how I feel.

I completely agree with you and don’t like it either.

It's fairly new.

Very well put, and I agree completely

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's fairly new.

I feel you. Almost like they're losing a little bit of their identity. I was equally surprised when Odyssey released a Toulon design in their EXO line.

As long as they keep their quality up and don't start just recycling Odyssey designs, I'm alright with it. But, Odyssey, while good putter, has never been that high end milled putter manufacturer. While they have made some nice milled putters, their M.O. has typically been cast putters with inserts.

It's fairly new.

Understandable. I see it as toulon is focusing on milled and higher price point or even boutique with Garage but odyssey is staying true with insert and multiple price points in their offerings. More options but very true that the toulon brand is being obscured by the odyssey branding

Understandable. I see it as toulon is focusing on milled and higher price point or even boutique with Garage but odyssey is staying true with insert and multiple price points in their offerings. More options but very true that the toulon brand is being obscured by the odyssey branding

I'm not under the impression they are NOT working alongside each other just fine, I just don't see the point in spamming Odyssey on a product that should be marketed as something totally different (at least from this consumer's perspective).

but, I don't make the big bucks. I am sure they have their reasons.

There are TONS of good golfers out there who aren’t on sites like this, and in-the-know about boutique brands. I happen to have lots of buddies who golf multiple times a week, range from plus handicaps to mid teens, and buy new equipment fairly often — and none of them have any idea what Toulon is. I imagine that’s true all over the country.

But everyone who has ever played golf has heard of Odyssey.

I’ve got to assume that their logos and marketing being more closely aligned is an effort to increase awareness of Toulon’s line, and ultimately sell a lot more putters.

The full face milling is huge step up in the looks department. Beautifully done. I’m anxious to try one out when they hit stores!

There are TONS of good golfers out there who aren’t on sites like this, and in-the-know about boutique brands. I happen to have lots of buddies who golf multiple times a week, range from plus handicaps to mid teens, and buy new equipment fairly often — and none of them have any idea what Toulon is. I imagine that’s true all over the country.

But everyone who has ever played golf has heard of Odyssey.

I’ve got to assume that their logos and marketing being more closely aligned is an effort to increase awareness of Toulon’s line, and ultimately sell a lot more putters.

Oh, no doubt. But, they were already co-branded to some degree. Now, these appear to be Odyssey putters more than Toulon. I'm sure it is as you say, to increase sales. I guess I just fear seeing a brand fade away. I wouldn't be shocked to see the brand go away all together in the next few years. Or, maybe it'll turn into a Cameron/Titleist like relationship.

Back to the Vegas though, that's the best looking #7 shape I have ever seen. I'm not a fan of #7's at all and I was close to going with it. Sean and the crew crushed that model.
I feel the exact same way about #7 in general and how cool the Toulon 7 is. It was definitely tempting to pick it just to have one since it's such a great looking putter.

Hmm. I guess I will have to decide between an Austin and Columbus with full face milling.

When will the new faces hit the garage?
I don't think that's been mentioned anywhere yet.

Yup! Las Vegas in a PN will be pre ordered! I’m certain of it!!

I had a really hard time deciding between the EXO 7 mini and the Vegas. I went with the Vegas to give the milled mallet a shot (plus I think I made one more putt with the Toulon) but I would not be surprised if I also have one of those EXO in the future.

Love, love, love the look of the Vegas at address.

I rolled every putter they had out and a few in the studio. The one thing that stood out was consistent all of them felt. No matter the head shape they all had a very consistent feel. So I think it boils down to the look for the buyer and what fits the buyer. The two don’t always go hand in hand so I think looks with play a huge roll as they start to make their way into golfers bags.

Anybody have any recent pics of the Palm Beach? Any knowledge if it only comes with that 1 neck option (looks like a flow)? I'd prefer plumber's neck or single bend.

Wait, what? did you actually get information there is a Palm Beach model being released??

Anybody have any recent pics of the Palm Beach? Any knowledge if it only comes with that 1 neck option (looks like a flow)? I'd prefer plumber's neck or single bend.

Wait, what? did you actually get information there is a Palm Beach model being released??

Yeah, they have a picture on the Odyssey Toulon home page but it's just not listed out yet.

Can’t wait for my Palm Beach to show up in March , full face milling small head design, stroke lab shaft , was a toss up between this and the Vegas, but after going with the Double wide the Palm Beach just seemed sensible to me oh and the Toulon guys recommendation helped a little too lol.

I cannot wait to get my Stroke Lab Memphis. I smile at the knowledge of how good it is going to be for me.

Can’t wait for my Palm Beach to show up in March , full face milling small head design, stroke lab shaft , was a toss up between this and the Vegas, but after going with the Double wide the Palm Beach just seemed sensible to me oh and the Toulon guys recommendation helped a little too lol.

Is the Palm Beach only available with that one flow neck looking hosel or is there another option? If it's only that one option is that really a flow neck or is more of a slant? Just wondering how much toe hang as compared to a normal 330M model which is what that Palm Beach is.

Yup! Las Vegas in a PN will be pre ordered! I’m certain of it!!

I take it back! Portland plumbers neck it shall be!

Nor can I wait for my Stroke Lab Toulon Portland, though as well as I'm putting with the Stroke Lab Three it could be a difficult choice to decide which will be in the bag on a day-to-day basis.

I never have rolled a #7 head, but that flow neck Vegas looks like it is a must try.

I never have rolled a #7 head, but that flow neck Vegas looks like it is a must try.

I have a #7 O-Works Tank that I putted pretty decent with but just prefer the look of a smaller mallet.

Is the Palm Beach only available with that one flow neck looking hosel or is there another option? If it's only that one option is that really a flow neck or is more of a slant? Just wondering how much toe hang as compared to a normal 330M model which is what that Palm Beach is.

I thought I rolled one there with the short neck, but it could of been the longer one. Anyone else remember? I didn’t have it in my hands long again one the Toulon guys recommended.

Me neither until the GD when I played an Odyssey Stroke Lab #7.

Back