2019 Toulon Putter Thread

Only 5 more days until we can pre-order. :banana:

Only 5 more days until we can pre-order. :banana:
I keep catching myself going back to the website to see if the Las Vegas is up. After 4 or 5 times you'd think I'd read the pre-order fine print date lol

I keep catching myself going back to the website to see if the Las Vegas is up. After 4 or 5 times you'd think I'd read the pre-order fine print date lol

I had to ask Luke Williams! :laughing:

Rumor has it eagles were made with one of these today. Any truth to that?

Dan pitched in for his, my San Diego did roll in my eagle attempt. So technically, yes?

I can speak for a few birdies and an eagle off the face of a 2019 San Diego.

What a fantastic roll as always, and as I've said in the past the sound is spot on.

you guys want to talk extensively about 2019 Toulon's with me for the next few weeks?

Let's start with the big beefy question: What is the sound, to you? Does the sound of a Toulon define Toulon for you?

you guys want to talk extensively about 2019 Toulon's with me for the next few weeks?

Let's start with the big beefy question: What is the sound, to you? Does the sound of a Toulon define Toulon for you?

I've only rolled a Toulon a few times, but the most recent was with @Molten at the Ultimate Weekend and I was drawn to it. I think it was an Atlanta. Compact head shape and the sound/feel was distinctly pleasing. It's why I've got a Las Vegas on the mind. Or maybe an Atlanta/Portland.

I've only rolled a Toulon a few times, but the most recent was with @Molten at the Ultimate Weekend and I was drawn to it. I think it was an Atlanta. Compact head shape and the sound/feel was distinctly pleasing. It's why I've got a Las Vegas on the mind. Or maybe an Atlanta/Portland.

I'm pretty excited to see just how many head shapes are available with that million pattern. It's obviously a step away from the traditional Odyssey concept, but I think it will help keep the two separate.

I'd love to talk about 2019 Toulon's with you.

Guessing by your question that the full face milling has changed the sound/feel?

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

I'd love to talk about 2019 Toulon's with you.

Guessing by your question that the full face milling has changed the sound/feel?

I'm not really sure it has, but I suppose it depends where you hit it on the face hahaha!

The sound was one thing I always felt was superior for Toulon as compared to a more simplified shallow milled putter.

I'm pretty excited to see just how many head shapes are available with that million pattern. It's obviously a step away from the traditional Odyssey concept, but I think it will help keep the two separate.

Yeah they seem to be merging but with Toulon providing that premium, milled line that they haven't had since the Metal X Milled in 2014 under the Odyssey name. I like the move and with Stroke Lab coming in, I'm curious how they tinker with the head weights that exist already. My knowledge of the SL concept says they should be a smidge heavier, but we only have a couple more days to wait!

I'm not really sure it has, but I suppose it depends where you hit it on the face hahaha!

The sound was one thing I always felt was superior for Toulon as compared to a more simplified shallow milled putter.

From what I recall, the non-full face milling was a tour preference they carried over to retail. It will be very curious how the sound changes off the center as their milling really hasn't been tested there yet. But hey, we all strike the center of the putter face, right?

Yeah they seem to be merging but with Toulon providing that premium, milled line that they haven't had since the Metal X Milled in 2014 under the Odyssey name. I like the move and with Stroke Lab coming in, I'm curious how they tinker with the head weights that exist already. My knowledge of the SL concept says they should be a smidge heavier, but we only have a couple more days to wait!

From what I recall, the non-full face milling was a tour preference they carried over to retail. It will be very curious how the sound changes off the center as their milling really hasn't been tested there yet. But hey, we all strike the center of the putter face, right?

The only full faced, Deep Diamond Milled putter that I have used is the Palm Beach and it has only been inside! And that putter also has the stroke lab shaft. But I would categorize that putter as sounding softer/different then my other Toulon’s. How much of it is the shape/full face milling/shaft? That is really hard to decide. That’s what’s making the chance to interact with a Toulon/Odyssey guys at the Odyssey Experience weekend so interesting/exciting.

Again, the move to full face milling is great to see, and frankly, I’m surprised it didn’t happen sooner.

Friday is preorder day, correct? Are these going to be in the Garage on Friday as well?

I am really looking forward to the full face milling. During my fitting for the Stroke Lab Three Sean commented to Luke that I tended to play the ball more off the toe. Actually, looking down, to me I was playing the ball center of the face but the insert, again to me, seems slightly skewed toward the heel so I may be putting from the center of the club face but not from the center of the insert. Anxious to get the Portland to see how it performs.

I remember back a couple years ago when I first tried the Toulon I instantly fell in love with the sound/feel off the face. It was a softer and not muted feel which is my preference. I didn't spend a ton of time with the new lineup unfortunately during my fitting and can't remember how much that milling being expanded impacted the sound/feel. Man alive does that milling look great spread across the whole face though! And the finish might be my favorite stock finish from any company ever.

Friday is preorder day, correct? Are these going to be in the Garage on Friday as well?

I had asked my teammates if they knew and I think someone said they should be available in the Garage in April or May. Don't quote me on that though.

I'm excited for it because even though an Azaela is heading my way I would still like to get a custom. I'm not a fan of the sight line so I'm thinking an Azaela with no sight line, a sight dot and plumbers neck would be perfection. That won't happen for quite some time though and in the meantime I may either strip the sight line paint or fill it in.

The sound to me is something I have loved with every Toulon I have rolled. I didnt get a ton of time with any of the new models + stroke lab, maybe a hand full of rolls with the Las Vegas, but my hope is that the feel and sound hasnt changed

That was the Atlanta. I love it until I don’t. Great looking and great sounding - I’m just a streaky putter.

I think the Garage will open later this spring. I might be wrong on that, so correct me if I’m wrong.

For me sound is how hard or soft the face is when it contacts the ball. The milled faces will provide a more audible "click" at impact versus an insert face.

That being said, every time I have rolled a Toulon i am amazed at how soft the ball sounds/feels coming off the face. It's really an addictive feel for me and one of the reasons that I am happy the Palm Beach will be coming to retail soon. I will have one of those in my bag this year along with a marxman.

It is not that the Stroke Lab Three hasn't helped me make more putts and moved me up a level when it comes to putting, but I have always preferred a milled face putter so I am really anxious to get that Portland with the Stroke Lab tech in hand!

I had asked my teammates if they knew and I think someone said they should be available in the Garage in April or May. Don't quote me on that though.

I'm excited for it because even though an Azaela is heading my way I would still like to get a custom. I'm not a fan of the sight line so I'm thinking an Azaela with no sight line, a sight dot and plumbers neck would be perfection. That won't happen for quite some time though and in the meantime I may either strip the sight line paint or fill it in.

Reach out to them and ask, they let us make garage modifications for our Grandaddy Toulon putters.

Reach out to them and ask, they let us make garage modifications for our Grandaddy Toulon putters.

As nice as it would be I don't want to bother those guys. They have gone so far above and beyond my wildest expectations with everything that I'm happy to wait awhile. Plus it will give me a chance to try the Azaela out and see if there are any other changes I would want to make.

Back