2019 Toulon Putter Thread

Sending my Columbus back for some needed repairs. Extending the length by 1", changing from a flat to std. lie, and a grip change. She will be back better than ever.

What’s the process for sending a Toulon in for repairs? Did you just call Odyssey customer service?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well after two rounds with the Vegas not doing as well as the DoubleWide I am going back to ole trusty! Had 3 3-putts in 9 holes today. I like the Vegas. I like looking down over it but it just feels different than the DoubleWide when putting and I can't figure it out.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

I am so grateful of the opportunity to go down to meet the odyssey/Toulon guys and get a garage Toulon. The putter I was able to get has been absolutely incredible and legitimately fits me perfectly. I would have never pulled the trigger on a garage, or at least any time soon, and it’s been such a good fit for me.

Going back to Toulon Atlanta for foreseeable future and first round with it today was crazy. I’m just so used to the exo insert and higher MOI. Going to be a fun time adjusting back to milled face

Well after two rounds with the Vegas not doing as well as the DoubleWide I am going back to ole trusty! Had 3 3-putts in 9 holes today. I like the Vegas. I like looking down over it but it just feels different than the DoubleWide when putting and I can't figure it out.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

For me, the difference between the Portland and the DoubleWide is that the DoubleWide definitely feels heavier overall. As a result, my stroke is a little less "handsy" and somewhat smoother.

Last edited:
Had a very good putting day today with the Garage Atlanta, just need some more time to adjust to the roll off the milled face.

My speed has been off and blowing putts by 4-6' but did make a nice 20 ft birdie today and lipped out a few, it is promising.

For me, the difference between the Portland and the DoubleWide is that the DoubleWide definitely feels heavier overall. As a result, my stroke is a little less "handsy" and somewhat smoother.

Have you ever changed out the weight? You can go down to 7 grams vs the 20 that are stock with the putter.

Have you ever changed out the weight? You can go down to 7 grams vs the 20 that are stock with the putter.

No, I've stuck with the standard configuration. I like the way each is balanced; I just have the sense/feel that the DoubleWide is heavier.

The Toulon Palm Beach is amazing. When I got it, I thought I would putt with it here or there but I didn’t have any expectation to game it. After rolling it a few times at home, I put it in the bag. I’ve been exceedingly happy with that decision. Yesterday, it saved a decent round. I was all over the place and didn’t anything very well except mark some 8-10 footers. 31 putts for the day. Today, 13 putts for 9.

I’m still working on distance control with long putts but inside 20 feet or so, I know I’m going to make some rather just get it close. Right now, I’m not afraid of those 3 or 4 footers coming back.

My confidence is high with the PB. With the Stroke Lab and that head, oh baby.

Ordered a 7 gr weight to try, why not..might help with speed control to be a bit lighter.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

26 putts today with the Columbus. It has been the most consistent putter I have ever had. Gets the ball rolling so quickly that I can hold a line much better.

First round out with the SL Las Vegas and I have to say I'm pretty impressed. Distance control from 20' and in was pretty impressive and the shape just makes it easy for me to line up. Definitely need some work on longer putts but I'm digging it so far.

The SL setup does feel super head-heavy to me, which is part of the point I'm guessing. I'm contemplating going with a larger grip that will probably add some weight. Don't know if that's going to have a positive or negative impact on the SL setup though.

No, I've stuck with the standard configuration. I like the way each is balanced; I just have the sense/feel that the DoubleWide is heavier.

I went up to 40 grams and it was great for anything under 10 feet. I also upped the weight in the grip to 75 grams. It was a sledge hammer and worked great on the home mat which is 8 feet.

On the course was a different story. Over 10 feet, I left everything short. Really long putts were virtually impossible to lag. I couldn't get the putter back far enough to lag the putts so I had to muscle the putter in the forward stroke which created other problems.

I like to tinker so it was fun doing it but I guess the testing Toulon had done determined a 20 gram weight in the head and 105 total grams in the grip was just right for most golfers with the strokelab shaft. I reverted everything back to the original design and putt much much better. The head weight was expensive so I'm kinda bummed I purchased it. I have a lot more respect for the engineers who came up with the weight of the entire club and the balance of it.

Going back to Toulon Atlanta for foreseeable future and first round with it today was crazy. I’m just so used to the exo insert and higher MOI. Going to be a fun time adjusting back to milled face

Didn’t take long for me to adjust when I went to the Palm Beach. Maybe 2 rounds. Probably will not go back to an insert for the foreseeable future. Just love the feel of the milled so much better!

I went up to 40 grams and it was great for anything under 10 feet. I also upped the weight in the grip to 75 grams. It was a sledge hammer and worked great on the home mat which is 8 feet.

On the course was a different story. Over 10 feet, I left everything short. Really long putts were virtually impossible to lag. I couldn't get the putter back far enough to lag the putts so I had to muscle the putter in the forward stroke which created other problems.

I like to tinker so it was fun doing it but I guess the testing Toulon had done determined a 20 gram weight in the head and 105 total grams in the grip was just right for most golfers with the strokelab shaft. I reverted everything back to the original design and putt much much better. The head weight was expensive so I'm kinda bummed I purchased it. I have a lot more respect for the engineers who came up with the weight of the entire club and the balance of it.

The more I putt with this putter the less I think I want to do anything that would impact the balance. Gonna roll with it as is for now. If I were custom ordering one, I'd probably go with a wider grip though.

5 rounds out in Lake Tahoe and the Las Vegas performed well. While my normal putts per round went up a few strokes, I felt like I putted really well, I hit my lines and made a lot of putts inside of 10’.

I've had 2 rounds with my palm beach. I thought nothing would replace the Marxman S, but this thing is legit. I found myself coming up just short on putts with my Marxman....the Palm Beach has solved that but I'm still not blowing it by the hole either. The Palm Beach will be in the bag for the foreseeable future.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

The Garage Atlanta is showing some real promise, did not make everything (of course) but the lag putting was reliable and made quite a few 4-6 ft come backs that have been the problem with other putters.

Might have converted Antihero to the milled putter feel....

Had a pretty good day with the Columbus, 32 putts. I did have 2 3jacks but that was just terrible reads by me.

cpaulsell;n8632112 said:
I've had 2 rounds with my palm beach. I thought nothing would replace the Marxman S, but this thing is legit. I found myself coming up just short on putts with my Marxman....the Palm Beach has solved that but I'm still not blowing it by the hole either. The Palm Beach will be in the bag for the foreseeable future.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

I agree. I’ve got 2 rounds, back to back, with less than 30 putts. 29 Saturday (2 3 putts) and 27 today. When I switched from the Marxman S to the PB, I thought I would lose some comfort lining up but I haven’t. It’s fantastic to hear your playing partners say that you are putting really well.

First outing out with the rose gold Atlanta in bright sun and itÂ’s got some glare issues. WeÂ’ll see if anything can be done about that, but IÂ’d hate for it to just be relegated to cloudy rounds.

To be fair: thatÂ’s most of Ohio golf. However, any round in the sun to have to worry about that is kinda silly.

Hi guys! I´m new to this forum, just registered few hours ago. Have been following this thread since April, when my wife gave me a Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7 putter w. jumbo grip in 34 inces shaft. I was very keen on following these flatsticks, really like the looks of the Toulons after they went full face milling and have been looking for milled putter to replace my trusted Odyssey Versa 1W BWB 35". Before I was gaming Bobby Grace MacGregor Sunset 35". Have absolutely loved my Odyssey but been on the outlook for milled one. I´m not on the Scotty Cameron wagon so being an absolute Odyssey man I was very happy to see the Toulon/Oddyssey merging. But... I´ve never gamed an mallet, so going to the Las Vegas was something I was a bit scared of. Went from slim grip to jumbo and shorter shaft - a total 180.

My first impressions on the LV was that I loved the finish, the feel and the sound was fantastic. I was holing a lot of puts and the change seemed to be working. In few weeks I started to have flaws with it. I was missing long puts far left and was having problems with short putts. Went back to the Odysse Versa and drained all the short ones again, found it much better to align. Found out that I needed 35" shaft and a slimmer grip so I sold my LV and ordered an 35" Austin that just came in. Have been rolling it on my practice mat at home and am gaming it for the first time tomorrow. Like the feel and sound and looking forward to see if it will stay in the bag. Wanted to have one as a future putter and do hope it will be my weapon of choice.

Palli;n8874971 said:
Hi guys! I´m new to this forum, just registered few hours ago. Have been following this thread since April, when my wife gave me a Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7 putter w. jumbo grip in 34 inces shaft. I was very keen on following these flatsticks, really like the looks of the Toulons after they went full face milling and have been looking for milled putter to replace my trusted Odyssey Versa 1W BWB 35". Before I was gaming Bobby Grace MacGregor Sunset 35". Have absolutely loved my Odyssey but been on the outlook for milled one. I´m not on the Scotty Cameron wagon so being an absolute Odyssey man I was very happy to see the Toulon/Oddyssey merging. But... I´ve never gamed an mallet, so going to the Las Vegas was something I was a bit scared of. Went from slim grip to jumbo and shorter shaft - a total 180.

My first impressions on the LV was that I loved the finish, the feel and the sound was fantastic. I was holing a lot of puts and the change seemed to be working. In few weeks I started to have flaws with it. I was missing long puts far left and was having problems with short putts. Went back to the Odysse Versa and drained all the short ones again, found it much better to align. Found out that I needed 35" shaft and a slimmer grip so I sold my LV and ordered an 35" Austin that just came in. Have been rolling it on my practice mat at home and am gaming it for the first time tomorrow. Like the feel and sound and looking forward to see if it will stay in the bag. Wanted to have one as a future putter and do hope it will be my weapon of choice.

Welcome aboard!

golfandpuff;n8875009 said:
Y'all help me out...ATL only one with toe hang? thanks everyone!

The only ones without toe hang are the double bend Las Vegas and Memphis. The rest will have varying degrees of toe hang

Back