2019 Toulon Putter Thread

Has anyone noticed the garage finish and hosel offerings are starting to get limited? Was just trying to mess around with the Las Vegas model and the rose gold finish isn't available, nor is the H7 neck. Are they running out of stock or getting ready to introduce some new stuff?

mhuelsman131;n8882754 said:
Has anyone noticed the garage finish and hosel offerings are starting to get limited? Was just trying to mess around with the Las Vegas model and the rose gold finish isn't available, nor is the H7 neck. Are they running out of stock or getting ready to introduce some new stuff?

I did notice, but unsure as to why.

mhuelsman131;n8882754 said:

I haven't been on there for awhile but that does seem strange with quite a bit of the season left. They must be working on something new.

Well my thirst is quenched. An original version Atlanta will be heading my way. I'm looking forward to seeing if I get a little more consistency in my distance control with a little mid mallet forgiveness and help vs. my blade. Most importantly I need to keep making those shorter putts like I do with the Azalea.

The Atlanta showed up in all of its glory today and it's going to be a very interesting showdown. The feel between it and the Azalea is surprisingly different to me in the little time I've spent carpet putting. I'm hoping to get some time on a putting green tomorrow for a head to head to head with these two and the Double Wide.

Attachments

• photo36334.jpg
    photo36334.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 9
  • photo36333.jpg
    photo36333.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 9
What was the feel difference? Did one offer a more dense or full sound?

KEV;n8887923 said:
The Atlanta showed up in all of its glory today and it's going to be a very interesting showdown. The feel between it and the Azalea is surprisingly different to me in the little time I've spent carpet putting. I'm hoping to get some time on a putting green tomorrow for a head to head to head with these two and the Double Wide.

Interesting. To me, my Columbus and Atlanta are very similar. Atlanta may feel just a tab softer, but they are very close. Does the Azalea have a softer or firmer feel?

To me, last years Toulon sound a little more “click” while the 2019 versions feel a little softer and quieter

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JB;n8887929 said:
What was the feel difference? Did one offer a more dense or full sound?

The Azalea has more of a crisp, light sound and feel. When you hit the sweet spot it almost feels like when you jump in the middle of a trampoline and can occasionally give me a "flyer" type of sensation like you can get with irons out of the rough once in awhile. It's very unique but is a very nice feeling putter.

The Atlanta on the other hand is a much more full, solid feel and sound and a little more muted. You can definitely feel the extra mass behind the ball which makes sense since the Azalea is a very thin putter front to back. This Atlanta is the previous model also so it doesn't have the full face milling which I can't imagine makes much difference on well struck putts. It's almost like the difference between a drummer striking the bass drum (Atlanta) and the symbol (Azalea).

I'm really interested to see how that feel translates on long putts. I've struggled with the Azalea on them when I feel like I hit that "flyer" putt. The Atlanta doesn't seem like I'll get that same sensation.

Alez367;n8887943 said:
To me, last years Toulon sound a little more “click” while the 2019 versions feel a little softer and quieter

Definitely agree that the 2019 Toulon's feel a touch softer and quieter at impact. You still know you are putting with a milled putter, but it's softer than the OG Toulons.

Alez367;n8887943 said:
To me, last years Toulon sound a little more �click� while the 2019 versions feel a little softer and quieter

I agree with this. Comparing my Vegas to my Memphis, the Memphis is a bit quieter and more muted. Vegas feels a bit clickier but not a fault. Vegas feels a littler hotter as well.

My Austin arrived! It looks BEAUTIFUL.

It came with a SS Pistol GT Tour grip (50g). I was reading earlier in this thread that the SL's come with a combined 105g between grip and weight. I have no clue if this putter has a weight plugged in or not. I was thinking about installing a pistol Flat Cat (79g). If I do that then a 30g weight should be fine? If that's the case, know where I could get one (if I need to)?

Last edited:
JMB3;n8888500 said:
My Austin arrived! It looks BEAUTIFUL.

It came with a SS Pistol GT Tour grip (50g). I was reading earlier in this thread that the SL's come with a combined 105g between grip and weight. I have no clue if this putter has a weight plugged in or not. I was thinking about installing a pistol Flat Cat (79g). If I do that then a 30g weight should be fine? If that's the case, know where I could get one?

The pistol flat cat is an awesome grip. I’m so glad I randomly stumbled on one.

I'm starting to like this putter more and more. I think I just needed to give it a chance. DoubleWide was performing so we'll, I had a hard time switching but have used it the last two rounds and made some really good putts with it.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

I've been looking in on this forum for ages from Scotland. I use you guys as an impartial source for equipment.

I'm a putter ho!! I've gone through so many (Spider X, Strokelab 7, Strokelab DW, Scotty Squareback 1.5..... too many others) and never been able to settle......until now.

Seen the love on here for these putters. Loved the look of the Palm Beach. Pulled the trigger.

This thing is amazing. 6 rounds in, no 3 putts. Lag putts seem to be almost always gimme distance. Inside 4 feet and I've never felt so confident. I'm hooked on this and it's not going anywhere.

Cheers for the info on here!

hibbykris;n8889350 said:
I've been looking in on this forum for ages from Scotland. I use you guys as an impartial source for equipment.

I'm a putter ho!! I've gone through so many (Spider X, Strokelab 7, Strokelab DW, Scotty Squareback 1.5..... too many others) and never been able to settle......until now.

Seen the love on here for these putters. Loved the look of the Palm Beach. Pulled the trigger.

This thing is amazing. 6 rounds in, no 3 putts. Lag putts seem to be almost always gimme distance. Inside 4 feet and I've never felt so confident. I'm hooked on this and it's not going anywhere.

The Palm Beach is an amazing putter! I love mine.

Welcome aboard THP.

Just ordered a Garage Las Vegas. Nothing exciting. Just a satin finish with a plumbers neck.

I actually don't mind the flowneck on the stock LV, but I just can't have a putter that isn't satin finish.

hibbykris;n8889350 said:

Thats awesome and welcome to THP!

I've been looking for a change lately and been eyeing the Palm Beach myself

tcugdu;n8890176 said:
Just ordered a Garage Las Vegas. Nothing exciting. Just a satin finish with a plumbers neck.

I actually don't mind the flowneck on the stock LV, but I just can't have a putter that isn't satin finish.

I didn’t know plumbers neck was an option on Las Vegas model. Nice!

Broke out the Portland again today and a little ball position shift and a little more concentration on not "peeking" led to a great putting round for the 9-holes that we were able to play - 14 putts though short game around the green contributed a lot to that as well.

jdtox;n8890181 said:
Thats awesome and welcome to THP!

I've been looking for a change lately and been eyeing the Palm Beach myself
I can't recommend it highly enough. It's been a game changer for me.

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk

The Columbus was really good yesterday, 28 putts for the round.

Friday, I received this FANTASTIC custom Toulon Las Vegas done by kickassclubs .com Done by Roger known here on THP as @pmm21

Here are a couple pictures:

[IMG2=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","src":"https:\/\/uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com\/20190826\/d41d6ead316a4df32c2ccfd940d507c2.jpg"}[/IMG2]

[IMG2=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","src":"https:\/\/uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com\/20190826\/4fac6c7ae4a846db54ecd2510956dbd5.jpg"}[/IMG2]

I would HIGHLY recommend anyone to check out his site and email him about any custom work you were thinking about. He does incredible work.

As for the Toulon, I only have had it out a little this weekend and will gladly say I am very impressed. The sound is not as clicky as I thought it would be. ItÂ’s been a few years now that I have used all insert putters. My other Odyssey EXO Indy and this yearÂ’s Marksman SL both used the micro-hinge inserts. My Ping Sigma 2 Fetch also used an insert that was made of two different polymers.

Of the insert putters the biggest change is probably coming from the Ping insert to this milled face. When I hit off center on the Toulon Las Vegas you can clearly hear and feel the different sound. The ball still travels online, but there is definitely an unique sound when I hit off-center versus center on the Las Vegas. This I donÂ’t believe is a bad thing. With my Ping, I had trouble telling where I hit the face. You canÂ’t hear a difference. So, my feedback was limited. I like the sound much better with the Las Vegas.

I guess all that should matter is does the ball go into the hole. I am leaning to the side of with proper feedback I will be able to learn to better judge how I am hitting my putter.

The roll of the Las Vegas is very smooth. I feel like the ball doesnÂ’t hop like I have seen with my insert putters. I slow motion filmed my EXO, Stroke Lab, and Ping. All three seemed to have a slight hop after the strike. Each to different degrees. I chalked that up to my stroke, but I donÂ’t feel like the Toulon is the same. I remember Kev doing a similar video and speaking about this as well. He has multiple Toulons reviewed here, so he has a very good knowledge on how the ball comes off the Toulon milled face.

Distance wise I havenÂ’t noticed much (only one round and practice green), but I was able to control my longer putts better then I expected. It was my first round using. I still have a good deal of testing to be done to be sure about how the Las Vegas performs distance wise for me.

All in all, I canÂ’t wait to get this on the course more as our summer concludes.

Last edited:
Picked up a Stroke Lab Palm Beach today from CPO. It will be my first Toulon as the originals were not my favorite from a feel standpoint. These new SL models with the full face milling feel and look so much better in my opinion. I also have never owned a flow neck before, something about it made me want to try it, it’s a shape I’ve never used and I love the darker finish. I also like that it’s slightly a different shape than the #9. Can’t wait to provide some feedback.

jdtox;n8892047 said:
Picked up a Stroke Lab Palm Beach today from CPO. It will be my first Toulon as the originals were not my favorite from a feel standpoint. These new SL models with the full face milling feel and look so much better in my opinion. I also have never owned a flow neck before, something about it made me want to try it, it’s a shape I’ve never used and I love the darker finish. I also like that it’s slightly a different shape than the #9. Can’t wait to provide some feedback.

I recently demoed one in PGATSS and really enjoyed it...sort of wish my Portland would turn into one! LOL. Anywho, I hope you enjoy it.

Back