2019 Odyssey EXO Putters Thread

I have a 7s EXO in my cart on CPO, but I am having trouble pulling the trigger.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Other than the head being slightly smaller and there being a connection at the back between the two fangs, is there any difference between the 7 and 7 mini that I am missing? Obviously with those two, the MOI is going to be slightly different, but is there anything else that I am unaware of?

Other than the head being slightly smaller and there being a connection at the back between the two fangs, is there any difference between the 7 and 7 mini that I am missing? Obviously with those two, the MOI is going to be slightly different, but is there anything else that I am unaware of?

As you know I went from the SL 7 to the Exo Marxman. So I can't answer your question directly about the 7 to 7 mini but what I discovered was the EXO started rolling true much quicker than the SL. Almost right off the putter face. I'm not sure if that is due to the increased MOI or the difference in the style for me. I liked the 7 but when I upgraded to the Exo line with the Marxman was because of the alignment on the top of the putter. Just gives me so much confidence.

I know it is a big price increase but for me it is worth it, never made so many putts in my life. I have thought about the Toulon line but not sure I would prefer milled over the white hot insert.

7 mini FTW!!!!!!!

From the man himself
9c46bb91c71170c69e3f07ee3a4de28e.jpg

As you know I went from the SL 7 to the Exo Marxman. So I can't answer your question directly about the 7 to 7 mini but what I discovered was the EXO started rolling true much quicker than the SL. Almost right off the putter face. I'm not sure if that is due to the increased MOI or the difference in the style for me. I liked the 7 but when I upgraded to the Exo line with the Marxman was because of the alignment on the top of the putter. Just gives me so much confidence.

I know it is a big price increase but for me it is worth it, never made so many putts in my life. I have thought about the Toulon line but not sure I would prefer milled over the white hot insert.

I’m actually borrowing @Alez367 EXO 7 mini. I still love the 7 I got from you, but this EXO is a completely different animal. Like you, I haven’t made this many (few) putts before. It just feels so automatic.

Any chance you can ping Luke back and see what the MOI differences are between the two?

Any chance you can ping Luke back and see what the MOI differences are between the two?

d11cb1a11e5d2a95071fc82f267d8d7b.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just like in the regular thread, I'm still trying to decide which model to pick up, the pro shop now has a few more, need to get them all on the putting green and compare to the SL he has as well. Haven't done a putter comparison this long for a while, going outside my comfort zone with non CS putters and see what happens.

Thanks Alez - I've rolled the 7s mini a few times and like it, but don't know if it's worth the price to jump from the o-works 7s that I recently bought.

Thanks Alez - I've rolled the 7s mini a few times and like it, but don't know if it's worth the price to jump from the o-works 7s that I recently bought.

I made the jump from o works marxman to SL tuttle to exo 7 mini and without a doubt, now dialed in and set for me, it was worth the hassle and time/$$

I couldn't recommend the Exo SL line more. I had the SL 7 and now Exo SL Marxman and wouldn't go back if you paid me. Rolling in putts from 10 ft + makes it all worth while. Before going to the SL and Exo, I had the TaylorMade Tour Black Spider.

Does anybody know if they use the same backweight for different lengths? Would 35" have a heavier backweight than a 34"?

not that I know of but that specific answer is above my paygrade.

Boom baby!!!

fcaef1699a7ad1b0a052bb59c7b0f23f.jpg

Oh yeah! Can. Not. Wait. To get this on the course!

Boom baby!!!

fcaef1699a7ad1b0a052bb59c7b0f23f.jpg

Oh yeah! Can. Not. Wait. To get this on the course!

Really like the two-ball look, especially in black and red! Enjoy it!!!

2019 Odyssey EXO Putters Thread

After a week with the EXO Seven S, I can already tell this golf season will be a fun battle between this putter and my Stroke Lab Seven S. First thing I noticed was the same "fluid" feel that others have mentioned in the Stroke Lab putter line. With the added weight in the shaft at the end of the grip, you really feel the extra weight, and when I went back to a few of my older putters without the SL shaft and extra weighting, the controlled feel is missing.

What's neat for me is since both my putters are the Seven S now, it's fun to compare the two in more details since they have so many similarities, and a few subtle differences. EXO head is a little bigger than the Stroke Lab, but not by much in my opinion. One aspect I noticed quickly during practice with it was the two bars in the back are a hair too narrow to scoop up the ball, if some of you are into doing that. You can go a little more aggressive and get the ball to ride on top of the rails, which I have done with no issues. Not a dealbreaker at all, just an observation that stuck to me. Also the toe hangs are slightly different too, so if you are between both clubs, something to keep in mind if you prefer a certain amount of toe hang.

ebb672326b88ceb1ce66fc444f4e5d21.jpg

06bcf9b8610f017bbeec44ee3850ccd4.jpg

Last Saturday was my first time on the course with this putter after a few session in the basement and on a practice green. The roll is comparable to the SL putter, and I would say a hair hotter as I noticed my missed putts were a little farther from the hole. I used the EXO putter during the first 9 holes and went through a few speed transitions as the greens went from soft to firm over 2 hours. Had a few missed putts that rolled further for me, but was able to make the comeback putts still, and lag putting was just as good as with the SL Seven S.

Overall, this will be a fun battle throughout the golf season, and while it doesn't make sense to bring 2 putters each round, it's something I might consider bringing at least to the practice green and run one of the putters back to the car before I play, though that's easier said than done. I can see myself using the EXO when the greens are wet and soft or if it's a course that traditionally has slower greens.

First round with the EXO in the bag today. It’s as good as I’d hoped. It’s a hard call to say after 9 holes if it will win the spot in my bag, but it’s definitely in the running. It’s very similar to my SL 2ball.

I need to get a few more rounds under my belt, and try to get some practice time in with both to offer a better comparison, but after one round out, I’m very impressed.

First round with the EXO in the bag today. It’s as good as I’d hoped. It’s a hard call to say after 9 holes if it will win the spot in my bag, but it’s definitely in the running. It’s very similar to my SL 2ball.

I need to get a few more rounds under my belt, and try to get some practice time in with both to offer a better comparison, but after one round out, I’m very impressed.

Glad to hear it buddy!!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

If you combine the two putters I have right now into one beautiful MOI monster, you get the new stroke lab exo mini 7s. I think that’s telling me something.

If you combine the two putters I have right now into one beautiful MOI monster, you get the new stroke lab exo mini 7s. I think that’s telling me something.

I’ve been speaking about the mini like crazy for past two months. It’s such a great, stable, high MOI putting machine. Even got Slimjim32 to switch after 1 round with it.

Played my customary 9 this morning. Officially 15 putts with the EXO 2-ball. Switching so far has been painless, of course I’m coming from a similar head shape. I feel like the EXO gives me a little more forgiveness, I hit some putts to day that should not have turned out as week as they did, and I’m confident the SL 2-ball wouldn’t have had as good a result as I got with the EXO.

That’s not a knock on the SL, but the EXO just seems a little more forgiving.

Played my customary 9 this morning. Officially 15 putts with the EXO 2-ball. Switching so far has been painless, of course I’m coming from a similar head shape. I feel like the EXO gives me a little more forgiveness, I hit some putts to day that should not have turned out as week as they did, and I’m confident the SL 2-ball wouldn’t have had as good a result as I got with the EXO.

That’s not a knock on the SL, but the EXO just seems a little more forgiving.

Makes sense. The exo is the most advanced putter line they have ever produced in their words. The design might throw some people off, but the performance is undoubtably there.

Back