New Scotty Cameron Phantom X Putters

Picked up the 12 a few days ago. I love the look and feel of it.
49b9333cb584358856540383e3440efc.jpg
4f6fa040b6f2d20b2ec50e8ad485d7b2.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tried these out the other day. Actually pretty good, despite the looks of some of the bigger ones. Put a great roll on ball, just busy, and the site dots on the 5.5 (which was by far the best in terms of shape) were very reflective for some reason. Seemed weird

First round with my new 6 STR and I’m coming away very excited for what lies ahead. Everything started on its intended line, and while I wasn’t able to sink many one putts, there were no three putts to be had.

I really shouldn’t have thrown it in the bag without rolling it outside, but trial by fire seems to be the best way for me. Looking forward to a little practice this week ahead of my rounds.

Picked up the 12 a few days ago. I love the look and feel of it.
49b9333cb584358856540383e3440efc.jpg
4f6fa040b6f2d20b2ec50e8ad485d7b2.jpg

Since it seems you and I are the only ones that like these...what do you think of the grip? Did you stay stock or switch it out?

Rolled a few of these today. Did not like. Just doesn’t seem like a Scotty putter to me. Everything seemed off including the colorway and the sound/feel

To be perfectly honest, I have never liked Scotty Cameron putters and those designs have not done anything to convince me to change my mind

Agreed. I like my O Works 2 Fang

Spent a good 45 minutes with this at the range and while it’s still too early to tell if it will stay in the bag, the early indication from feel and results says it’s here to stay.

Coming from the O Works insert it’s taking me a bit to get my distance control under wraps but lag putting tonight instilled a bit more confidence in the putter.

Is it different? Yep sure is, but it fits my eye and as long as the ball gets in the cup in as few strokes as possible, I consider it a win.

Since it seems you and I are the only ones that like these...what do you think of the grip? Did you stay stock or switch it out?
When I read the product description when first released I thought they were going with a larger grip like virtually every putter maker does now. However it’s not much thicker than the usual red pistol grip they use. I haven’t started gaming it yet so I do not know if I am going to stick with the grip or not. I wish they came with other options. I will say my club is bringing these in at a great price point compared to what they are being sold at retail outlets.

These are all great putters. I tried them all and the feel was good as well as distance control, just not good enough to knock my PXG out of the bag.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

29 putts today with the 6 STR...and that was after 3 putting the first hole. Looking forward to heading out with this again tomorrow.

Took my 8.5 out yesterday for the first time. 30 putts, one 3 putt (from 80 feet). 9/10 from within 10 feet. Love how this thing looks. Clean lines, focus is entirely on the alignment lines and the dots.

I'm sure the novelty will wear off but I'm loving this thing right now.

Went through a putter fitting at Cool Clubs in Scottsdale. Very worthwhile.

Rolled the 5, 7 and 12 today. Loved them all. The sight lines on top worked better for me than the Spider X I've been dreaming about for the past month. The lime green juxtaposed against the black was so appealing and made it super easy to line up. These are impressive!

I am loving the performance from my X5. Though I generally prefer the looks of blades, the mid-mallets work the best for me. My 2016 Newport 2 is still my favorite looking putter but the 2 rounds I have had with my Phantom X5 have been incredible. A lot easier to aim and great feel. Just hit a 30 foot putt last weekend which was my best of the year so far.

After several fantastic rounds with my 6 I’m not sure if anything is going to unseat it. Last Saturday’s round it was on fire and saved my rear on several occasions. Sunday it was the only club in the bag that wanted to cooperate.

Last night in league it continued to help me shoot a nice smooth 41 with no 3 putts. Really glad I took a chance on the center shafted version and look forward to the rest of the year with the Phantom.

Rolled one today and it felt very light to me in hand, good feel off the insert and I like the black look much better than the satin. Not for me after trying some others but a nice putter.

I’m loving my 5.5.
80ef2c9c12a8a0667fba710a85794eef.jpg

d94332ea5a43ccd41357053d5a1c6846.jpg

c6575a4403918d7c03537f2646a2f827.jpg

Phantom continues to be one of the best changes to my bag this year. I know not many folks like the look, but as I’ve always said I’d putt with a tin cup on a stick if it gets the ball in the hole. (I’m actually quite fond of the look of my 6 so no issues here)

Spent 30 minutes on the putting green today working on long putts as I’ve had a tendency to leave everything short here lately. Nothing penal or anything like that, but not even giving myself a chance by leaving it short is frustrating.

Phantom continues to be one of the best changes to my bag this year. I know not many folks like the look, but as I’ve always said I’d putt with a tin cup on a stick if it gets the ball in the hole. (I’m actually quite fond of the look of my 6 so no issues here)

Spent 30 minutes on the putting green today working on long putts as I’ve had a tendency to leave everything short here lately. Nothing penal or anything like that, but not even giving myself a chance by leaving it short is frustrating.

In the 1+ month I have had this putter, I have made more 20+ foot putts than I had over the last 5 years combined. I mean we are talking about 5-6 total putts but still .. :D

Which model? Some feedback in the thread here so far..what are you curious about?

Sorry I am looking for high MOI the X12. I have $250 credit at pga superstore so want to apply to new SC I normally would
Think out of price range. I should have asked to test but the SC always in glass. At first look they didn’t appeal to me. But seeing more of the photos from above catching my eye much more.

Sorry I am looking for high MOI the X12. I have $250 credit at pga superstore so want to apply to new SC I normally would
Think out of price range. I should have asked to test but the SC always in glass. At first look they didn’t appeal to me. But seeing more of the photos from above catching my eye much more.

I don’t have any experience with the X12. I can tell you that I’m loving my 6 right now. The feel and sound are great, and I seem to be able to find my lines much easier with it.

The only drawback I’ve seen when rolling mine is on extremely sunny days there is a bit of a glare off of the putter.

My suggestion would be to head back to the pgass and roll it for a bit to see if you get along with it.

I dived in and got the X12.
a5367abd65c6a14ba8d5baff9aea943a.jpg

Coming from the futura X fit my eye. The alignment with a yellow ball seemed perfect. I know most hate the colors but the yellow pops. Not sure how will be in the sun like you said. Interesting they went with pistol grip for a mallet. I have read from SC himself they try to pair wider grip mallets and vice verse for blade or clubs with toe hang. Can’t wait to game this. I also have 90 days playing with it and I can exchange. That’s pretty much most of the summer golf season. Not sure what other options I would exchange a 430 stick tho...

Back