TaylorMade Spider X Putter

I'll finally be able to get out this weekend, after a much needed vacation.

As I've mentioned before. The putter is the one club in my bag I've never replaced, so I am excited and scared to put this one in play. I plan to leave the gamer home, so I'm not tempted to revert back should things go slightly sideways.

Will report back on this, the wedge, and the M6 (with new shaft).

How did the round go this weekend?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How did the round go this weekend?

Went pretty well.

After taking a few days to collect my thoughts, I will say this. What a happy accident it was to order the putter with the aluminum insert. The feel off the face is addicting, not super soft, but not hard either. It's hard to describe. It's so much different than my white steel 2 ball.

I honestly did not know what to expect with this putter, and wanted to give it a fair shake, so I left my gamer at home. After warming up for a bit, and settling into the round, it became quite apparent my fears/anxiety were unfounded.

This putter puts a beautiful roll on the ball. Strikes slightly off center roll just as well as a center strike, with seemingly no loss of distance. The true path is oddly effective, and I am happy I went with the T track. I think the color I went with (Black) contributes to how pleasing this club looks to me at address.

Cons:

It's too light in the head. As we ordered these with custom color weights, I will add lead tape.

The grip is too small in my hands. Will be replacing asap with a 2.0.

Overall I'm very happy, and plan to game this club permanently. Huge shout out to the TM guys for hooking us all up. So far, a solid 2 for 2 in club changes. haha.

Just wanted to throw out there that the "My Spider Tour"... not the new X is $50 off today (so, $310) on TM's site.

Went pretty well.

After taking a few days to collect my thoughts, I will say this. What a happy accident it was to order the putter with the aluminum insert. The feel off the face is addicting, not super soft, but not hard either. It's hard to describe. It's so much different than my white steel 2 ball.

I honestly did not know what to expect with this putter, and wanted to give it a fair shake, so I left my gamer at home. After warming up for a bit, and settling into the round, it became quite apparent my fears/anxiety were unfounded.

This putter puts a beautiful roll on the ball. Strikes slightly off center roll just as well as a center strike, with seemingly no loss of distance. The true path is oddly effective, and I am happy I went with the T track. I think the color I went with (Black) contributes to how pleasing this club looks to me at address.

Cons:

It's too light in the head. As we ordered these with custom color weights, I will add lead tape.

The grip is too small in my hands. Will be replacing asap with a 2.0.

Overall I'm very happy, and plan to game this club permanently. Huge shout out to the TM guys for hooking us all up. So far, a solid 2 for 2 in club changes. haha.

The ‘T’ alignment looks really good on this putter. I am going to try the aluminum insert on Wednesday if the rains holds off and be able to compare the 2 inserts. I really did like the feel of the white one one but the T alignment looks so good to my eye I have to give it a shot

I’m curious as to how long it took to receive the custom “My Spider” from the time you placed the order????

Put mine in play for league last night. I've been in love with putters before - but this thing from a looks and feel standpoint, it's just amazing. I was hitting everything online last night, but couldn't quite get the speed down. Once I do that - I think it's going to be in my bag for a long time.

I’m curious as to how long it took to receive the custom “My Spider” from the time you placed the order????

Mine took just under 3 weeks

Thanks MH!!

bout the same, 3 weeks

I was just notified by FedEx that I have a package from China arriving Monday! I hope I can play this Spider as good if not better than my Odyssey 7s...

Getting ready to submit this... cannot hold back!

The More i roll this Spider, the better i get, this is legit

TaylorMade Spider X Putter

I’ve used mine a few times now & am really starting to love it. Confidence is the highest I have ever had from 5’ - 10’ & those short 2 - 3 footers that used to scare the crap out me r almost automatic now. This is a very well balanced putter & the white insert is fantastic

Last edited:
my word what a putter this is!

Shot a 80 2 weeks ago but had FIVE 3 putts with my nike method, i'd already decided I needed a new stick and went with the spider X (single bend) face weighted. Its a delight, my love for a putt is slowly coming back

I love my new Spider X custom!!! I got it in midnight blue with a black face and black alignment line. I didn’t get the True Path Alignment. I also got the short slant hosel and had it made to a length of 35.75”. I put an Evnroll Gravity grip on it. I have to say wow!!! This thing is on the money!!! I don’t ever recall being this accurate with a putter.

BriMac Jman Tenputt @MH H8tobogie @donny475

When you ordered your putter:
1. What was the length of your putter?
2. What was the size of the weights (2g, 6g, 12g)?

Nice looking putters guys!!

Sent from my LG-H910 using Tapatalk

J-Pin;n8880967 said:

Whatever the stock weights were, I didn't see an option for heavier weights. I assume they're 6g.

J-Pin;n8880967 said:

Length was 33.5 inches. I did not order anything special with the weights, so whatever is stock is what I have, I presume. It’s a great putter.

J-Pin;n8880967 said:

I went 34", which is an inch shorter than what I normally purchase, on the recommendation of Jory, the head of Taylormade communications that was at the THP/Taylormade event in June. They find that when people are fitted for putters, putter lengths are usually shorter by about 1" than what the player was previously gaming. He thinks there are a lot of folks out there that have putters that are too long. I have had some great success since putting it in the bag, and am sure the proper length has helped.

For weights - I also went stock. I don't recall there being an option for customizing the weights.

BriMac;n8881181 said:
I went 34", which is an inch shorter than what I normally purchase, on the recommendation of Jory, the head of Taylormade communications that was at the THP/Taylormade event in June. They find that when people are fitted for putters, putter lengths are usually shorter by about 1" than what the player was previously gaming. He thinks there are a lot of folks out there that have putters that are too long. I have had some great success since putting it in the bag, and am sure the proper length has helped.

For weights - I also went stock. I don't recall there being an option for customizing the weights.

I would totally agree with Jory. I believe most people use putters that are too long. It always has puzzled me why the majority of the putters stocked at brick and mortar retail are 35 inches.

J-Pin;n8880967 said:

35.5” which is what I’ve been fit to forever now.

Standard weights, never even looked at them since I’ve received the putter.

34 1/2 with the standard weights....I have bought 35 or 351/2 for so long and I was with Brimac and Jory when he was talking about the putter lengths. I used a 34 they had and rolled it awesome. I went 34 1/2 on mine. I putt cross handed though

Thanks for all the responses!! Great input here. I am sitting on the fence right now.$420 just seems like a lot of cash, but I love the look of your putters. I am using the Black Tour Spider and love it. I may go roll the X before I decide. Thanks!

I went with 34.5” which is a 1/2” longer than I normally play with, wish I had heard Jory talking about that! So far it has been great though. What ever the standard weights that come with it, I don’t think it was even an option to get heavier/lighter weights.

34” and stock weights. I didn’t see an option to adjust the weights. I like the balance for the most part. I’m really enjoying this putter.

Back